The Death of Russia - TL

Would China really want millions of Russians inside of their borders? I think that vassalisation would be quiet rasonable option.

True, but would China ally with a Red Russia?

That Red Russia would be so weak that China wouldn't face any difficulties to ally or even puppetise the place. And it would be so dependent on Chinese support that it would accept whatever terms China gives. Basically "Ally with us or starve".

That Red Russia would be so weak that China wouldn't face any difficulties to ally or even puppetise the place. And it would be so dependent on Chinese support that it would accept whatever terms China gives. Basically "Ally with us or starve".
But wouldn't the rebuilding of Russia be a drain Chinese economy?
I think that China would just put it under military protection and gain accsess to cheap resources.

Would China really want millions of Russians inside of their borders? I think that vassalisation would be quiet rasonable option.
Millions compared to the Billion that they have currently inside their border would be fine.

The Russian Far East Economic Region which is more or less Russia east of the center of Mongolia has roughly 4 Million people in an area that is 7 million sq km. China is about 10 million sq km. So a 70% increase in area with a population increase of less than 1%. I'm not even sure that Russians would be in the top 3 non-Han peoples in this expanded China.

Presumes there will be China -or much of anything else - left when all is said and done. Because I don't really see a way to "kill" Russia as a nation that doesn't involve at least one nuclear exchange.

Not sure writing from Bald and Bankrupt's prespective is in particularly good taste given the guy is a terrible misogynist and rapist.

Otherwise nice timeline.

How? You know Japan is pacifist right?
It's a joke but idk US wants to prevent China from getting to Kamchatka?

For China I'd see them not annexing anything (until the 2010s) but try to make every state in the Far East economically dependent on them and extract resources from them. So basically they would try to buy loyalty from the warlords there with the Americans and Japanese doing the same for the oil off the North sea.

Japan would at most get the four Kuril islands close to Hokkaido and maybe Shakalin.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would expect that China would *welcome* Japan and the US grabbing other parts of the Russian Far East as long as they didn't grab too much. If the US ends up with the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug because they don't want China that close to Alaska and Japan grabs Kamchatka that means that China ends up with 80+% of that area and knows that the West won't object to grabbing the rest.

M
Honestly, I would expect that China would *welcome* Japan and the US grabbing other parts of the Russian Far East as long as they didn't grab too much. If the US ends up with the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug because they don't want China that close to Alaska and Japan grabs Kamchatka that means that China ends up with 80+% of that area and knows that the West won't object to grabbing the rest.
That's not how things work.

Would NFRKRZ Work?
I think he'd not be making yt videos and probably either not exist (should be born after the pod), dead, a refugee, and be unable to post yt videos (his hometown is chelabinysk) as the internet won't get there due to it being a warzone. But something like Roman would exist ittl. And be considerably propagandised.
Maybe the Americans get bits of the aleutians and Japan gets the four Kuril islands they claimed against the USSR from since WWII. And maybe (like a teeny tiny chance) Shakalin.