Just wondering but what aspects of Hinduism do you think will be incorporated into Zoroastrianism?
I haven't made even an ounce of research on the subject yet, but I think it's much more likely, for reasons of proximity alone, that Zoroastrianism can/will incorporate aspects of Christianity and Manichaeism instead.​

Love the new post. I'm also looking forward to the cultural fusion or synthesis between Iranian and Indian cultures in Greater Iran. It's a consequences of marriage between the Shah and the Indian princess.

I haven't made even an ounce of research on the subject yet, but I think it's much more likely, for reasons of proximity alone, that Zoroastrianism can/will incorporate aspects of Christianity and Manichaeism instead.​
It won't be surprising if that happens as of result. We'd probably seeing new sects born of interactions between these three religions.

Farewell
TL;DR: I won't update this timeline anymore.

This isn't an easy thing for me to do, given this is the longest TL I wrote in this site by far (and one that got nominated for the Turtledoves, wow!), but the more I read my own work the more I realized that I couldn't take this story to where I wanted to in a way that satisfied me, not without rewriting several major aspects of the earlier chapters like the Age of Division, the fall of the Roman Empire and the migrations of several nomadic peoples decades or centuries before they happened IOTL.

So I figured it'd be better to scrap the whole thing and start anew. I learned a lot since I began writing this TL back in December 2019, I'm fully confident in my ability to write something better now.

To the people who enjoyed this story and were hoping for a new chapter, my apologies. Thank you for all the comments you made, I'm glad I could entertain you with my writing.

I'm still very much interested in Persia, so expect a new timeline about the Sasanians or maybe even the Achaemenids to show up in the next few months.

Well That is disappointing , but Thank you for writing this timeline anyway, It seems one of the few timelines that shows positive developments in India, Iran and China. Best of luck for your future endeavors

I hate to see this TL isn't updated anymore. But it is a very enjoyable and entertaining read. One of the probably rarest TLs which portrays about Persia. I wish you Best of luck and fortune in the future! Whatever other says, it is a great Persian TL.

While I'm sad to see this go, I understand the feeling of not being able to bring a TL to where you want it to. Thank you for writing it, this was truly excellent!

This isn't an easy thing for me to do, given this is the longest TL I wrote in this site by far (and one that got nominated for the Turtledoves, wow!), but the more I read my own work the more I realized that I couldn't take this story to where I wanted to in a way that satisfied me, not without rewriting several major aspects of the earlier chapters like the Age of Division, the fall of the Roman Empire and the migrations of several nomadic peoples decades or centuries before they happened IOTL.
How did you want to see it go?

You can keep going and see where it goes. Part of the fun is the unexpectedness of it all. Human history rarely ever goes where we'd want it to go, and it might end up being something we'd like after all. Of mice and men.... ;)

How did you want to see it go?

You can keep going and see where it goes. Part of the fun is the unexpectedness of it all. Human history rarely ever goes where we'd want it to go, and it might end up being something we'd like after all. Of mice and men.... ;)
I honestly forgot most of the details, but I do remember Iran and India were great powers by the 1400s, when I intended to end the TL (the latter being the first country to industrialize), America was to be colonized by Norsemen at first, and the civilizations there would be noticeably stronger than IOTL because of extra trade thanks to an earlier arrival of the Polynesians, who "connect" North and South with a maritime Silk Road of sorts, allowing greater wealth and larger populations to be attained.

I honestly forgot most of the details, but I do remember Iran and India were great powers by the 1400s, when I intended to end the TL (the latter being the first country to industrialize), America was to be colonized by Norsemen at first, and the civilizations there would be noticeably stronger than IOTL because of extra trade thanks to an earlier arrival of the Polynesians, who "connect" North and South with a maritime Silk Road of sorts, allowing greater wealth and larger populations to be attained.
Ooh, that would have been super interesting!!!

I really enjoyed this timeline, and wish you luck on your next endeavor. Perhaps you'll have the urge to reboot it in the future :)