The Dark East: The World After WW2 (Axis Victory)

DTLGsbc.png

Alright so this is the current world map for the Dark East, where the Axis win WW2 (posted as an imgur link cause its a really big file).

The Axis win (not gonna go through how cause that'd probably take ages) WW2 And now control most of the Eastern Hemisphere. In Europe, Britain went fascist under Oswald Mosley after he won the 1946 election. Spain joined the Axis in the dying months of the war and received Gibraltar and some African territory. France was left mostly alone under the Petain regime, but the French generally share the opinion that the Allies betrayed and abandoned them so they're starting to not mind the Fascists. Germany controls Russia west of the Urals with a bunch of reichskommissariat. Ostland was one of these but it was recently incorporated intro the Reich.

Africa is divided among Spain, Germany, Italy, France, and the Orange Free State, basically Fascist South Africa. France was aloud to keep Guinea to make it seem to the French people that they're still a strong, independent country and bolster support for Petain.

Asia is controlled mostly by Japan and their puppets, with Australia and New Zealand escaping that fate after the disastrous Japanese invasion of Australia. Free India is Fascist India after it broke away from British rule during the Indian Revolution. The Siberian Union and Persia are neutral buffer states between the German and Japanese sphere of influence because they hate each other now.

And the Americas are basically the same. Only differences are the Caribbean Federation, comprised of former European colonies in the area (excluding Jamaica and Belize), and the Brazilian Civil War.

That's a pretty condensed explanation, so if you have any questions please ask! Mainly posting this for feedback/suggestions, cause I like to think I know a lot about WW2 but I really don't. If there's anything relatively minor you'd suggest changing please let me know.

Firstly, welcome to the site! Secondly, great map (although really big, my phone has had to reload this page about ten times because of its size)! For what I'd assume is your first timeline this actually appears to be pretty plausible, and I especially appreciate the lack of Operation Sealion and rather having Mosley rising to power through an election without becoming prime minister by German demand in their new puppet state. My one complaint is German Mittelafrika. While I can see France giving up their colonies would the British? It just feels a bit too big for me but I guess it could work.

Firstly, welcome to the site! Secondly, great map (although really big, my phone has had to reload this page about ten times because of its size)! For what I'd assume is your first timeline this actually appears to be pretty plausible, and I especially appreciate the lack of Operation Sealion and rather having Mosley rising to power through an election without becoming prime minister by German demand in their new puppet state. My one complaint is German Mittelafrika. While I can see France giving up their colonies would the British? It just feels a bit too big for me but I guess it could work.

Thanks! I tried to make it smaller but I found it hard to read the names of the smaller countries so I stuck with the large size.

For the British colonies, at the treaty table Churchill was extremely opposed to giving up Africa, but the Germans basically said "We have you completely blockaded, the RAF is gone, Europe is lost, and you're people are exhausted and starving. Accept these terms or we'll reduce your country to rubble" so they didn't really have a choice. South Africa did maintain friendly relations with the British, and Mosley's rise to power had significant influence on the creation of the Orange Free State

Thanks! I tried to make it smaller but I found it hard to read the names of the smaller countries so I stuck with the large size.

For the British colonies, at the treaty table Churchill was extremely opposed to giving up Africa, but the Germans basically said "We have you completely blockaded, the RAF is gone, Europe is lost, and you're people are exhausted and starving. Accept these terms or we'll reduce your country to rubble" so they didn't really have a choice. South Africa did maintain friendly relations with the British, and Mosley's rise to power had significant influence on the creation of the Orange Free State
Yeah, that can work, although I suggest replacing Churchill with someone more pro-surrender, like Lord Halifax.

At the risk of necroing a thread, I have a couple of comments to make.

There is no way France or Britain would be happy with Germany and Italy with those kind of territorial losses. Just because both countries are fascist doesn't mean they would get along with the Axis powers. Both nations would rather ally with the United States than the countries that took all of their colonies away. At the very least France has to keep French West Africa and Algeria to be happy with the Axis, along with no major concessions on the French mainland. French Equatorial Africa wasn't considered nearly as important, but the French would be more happy with Germany if that was kept intact too. Britain would also never accept these losses. They should be able to keep their East Africa colonies (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, North Rhodesia, Botswana and South Rhodesia).

And I would question the ability for the Axis to control all of this territory, or even if they would have the will to do so. Spain only really wanted French Morocco (which France wouldn't have minded giving up). Even if offered the Spanish would reject further expansion into Africa to keep relations with the French strong and to avoid having to police what is essentially useless territory. South Africa (the name "Orange Free State" would never be accepted, the Boers in Transvaal would have had a fit) didn't want any territorial expansion into Botswana. At the time, the territory was considered useless and would have just further pushed the whites into minority status (something the government desperately wanted to avoid). In fact, I actually think in this scenario balkanisation would have been a more likely fate of South Africa. The fascist movements in South Africa were divided between the Greyshirts and Ossewabrandwag, one which was a pan-Aryan pro-British movement popular in the Cape and Natal and the other was exclusively for the Boers and popular in Orange and Transvaal. South Africa is likely divided into two with the Boer state pressuring Portugal to give them access to the sea through Mozambique.

Germany would have been tide down in Russia, they had little need for an extensive African colonial empire. At best, they demand the Belgian Congo and some territory surrounding it. Nigeria remains British and French Equatorial Africa is mostly maintained.

The Independent State of Croatia would still exist, and probably be gradually granted actual independence but still be under Italian and German influence.

If fascism wins in Britain, Australia would remain loyal. The New Guard party was one of the most popular fascist parties in the English-speaking world and was fanatically loyal to the British Empire and closely aligned with Mosley.