The Confederacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
9DFb2QS.png

Last edited:
You know, I've been wanting to read a CSA Independence TL for a while, but didn't ever want to read through one that has already made significant progress. And you're new, and I still remember when I was new, so I'll definitely be reading this one and supporting you all the way! I'm excited! (By the way, I rarely ever come to this subsection of the Forum, but, I suppose, I am trying to visit more and more often.)

Welcome to AH.com. Explore as you will and get acquainted. It's a great community, and I'm glad you've found it and you're here. :)

This had better be good. And by god i am really looking forward to a well thought out and planned confederate TL which we have not had in years on this board.

Fair warning though, you will get some people in here decrying that the Confederacy existing is ASB. But for the most part, i do hope you tread carefully, because i want to see how this TL goes.

Well color me subscribed! I'll be looking forward to reading this, a well done Secession TL is hard to come by! You've got an excellent hook and a good start!

Waiting for more :)

Good luck. You might need it. Unlike some of the others, I've never noticed a shortage of Confederacy timelines. Although I suppose, the caveat that everyone would agree with is that there's a shortage of well done ones.

Well color me subscribed! I'll be looking forward to reading this, a well done Secession TL is hard to come by! You've got an excellent hook and a good start!

Waiting for more :)

Ditto.

Good luck. You might need it. Unlike some of the others, I've never noticed a shortage of Confederacy timelines. Although I suppose, the caveat that everyone would agree with is that there's a shortage of well done ones.

Yeah i will agree to that.

Welcome to the forum!
It's nice to see a Confederate TL, we haven't had one in a while. I like how yours looks, similar to "For Want of a Nail" in that it's professional, textbook-style.
I'll be looking forward for it.

jahenders

Banned
I find some of the footnotes interesting and will be interested to see how/why:
1) the Republican Party of 1860 isn't related to the Republican Party in the US.
2) Both countries abolished the electoral college
3) Both countries changed their constitution
4) How the CSA retained independence anyway
5) How the CSA fared after gaining/retaining independence

1: The Republican Party of 1860 has no relation to the modern Republican Party in the United States
2: The electoral system at this time, abolished in 1898 in the Confederate States and in 1875 in the United States, allocated " electoral votes" to the states, should a candidate achieve the plurality of the votes in a state, he was awarded with all of the "electoral votes." For comparison, Lincoln had achieved one hundred and eighty "electoral votes" with 39.7% of the vote, while Stephen Douglas achieved twelve "electoral votes" with 29.5% of the vote.
3: Williams, Harold V. Secession: The History of the Confederate States. Norfolk, Virginia: Townhouse Printing, 1964.
4: Lincoln, Abraham The Union Forever Chicago: Lincoln Printing, 1878
5: Lincoln, Robert T. Letters of my Father Chicago: Lincoln Printing, 1903
6: Jones, Robert H. Defence of the Country Birmingham: Woodson Books, 1923
7: United States Library of Congress Dispatches, Records, & Notes Washington: Library of Congress, 1934

I find some of the footnotes interesting and will be interested to see how/why:
1) the Republican Party of 1860 isn't related to the Republican Party in the US.
2) Both countries abolished the electoral college
3) Both countries changed their constitution
4) How the CSA retained independence anyway
5) How the CSA fared after gaining/retaining independence

I'm also curious to see where this leads - in any commonly branched period, it's good to see some creativity when it comes to the oft-discussed issues.

TFSmith121

Banned
Wait a second...

Wait a moment...

Even George McClellan could not lose at Antietam, historically; how does he manage it here, exactly?

Best,

Status
Not open for further replies.