I think that a dictatorship lead by Lord Mountbatten could actually be much better than people speculate but we will never know, all we shall have are hypothyisis

Coming Soon:

A Very British Transition

After nearly 40 years of military rule, the First Lord is dead, the Junta has fallen, the United Kingdom faces an uncertain future. With a divided public, threats of political violence and an agitated military whoever takes over will have a mountain to climb. For the first time since 1966 the British public goes to the polls, the results of this election will set the stage for a new decade of British democracy.

(Infobox Presented Without Comment)

View attachment 655543
Holy crap! I’m surprised, pleasantly surprised! First a beautiful, magnificently detailed British TL, and then an other masterpiece after only two months? That’s awesome! Powerab, you had my respect but now you have my admiration too! Hoping to read soon and more about it!

PS I remember that the main comparison for this TL was Franco’s Spain so maybe the Scottish political activism could be a parallel of the Catalan one.

Holy crap! I’m surprised, pleasantly surprised! First a beautiful, magnificently detailed British TL, and then an other masterpiece after only two months? That’s awesome! Powerab, you had my respect but now you have my admiration too! Hoping to read soon and more about it!

PS I remember that the main comparison for this TL was Franco’s Spain so maybe the Scottish political activism could be a parallel of the Catalan one.
Good point with your last paragraph - though the relative health of the languages makes it a little tricky - I hope the UK's response is nicer than Spain's