If you want to do it, do it when you can, there's no pressure to be too quick.

The base map you used in your last map was a good size, but if you want a different one, I might be able to provide it.
Yeah, I was thinking of using the Q-BAM for the world map, and maybe the M-BAM for Regional maps?

Yeah, I was thinking of using the Q-BAM for the world map, and maybe the M-BAM for Regional maps?
I'm doing a Worlda of America, because I usually feel Worldas to be good for general world maps. QBAMs are absolutely huge. And MBAMs are massively outdated, so I don't really suppose using them is a good idea.

I'm doing a Worlda of America, because I usually feel Worldas to be good for general world maps. QBAMs are absolutely huge. And MBAMs are massively outdated, so I don't really suppose using them is a good idea.

Your last Worlda NA looked great, so I'm looking forward to seeing another one, though I usually personally prefer QBAMs for world maps and generally like bigger maps. Are you doing a 1830 one or some other time (we do have much more info on the Americas than on the rest of the world)?

Go ahead with the Q-BAM for the world, we'll see about the regional maps, it depends on what others think, personally, as I said above, I generally prefer somewhat large maps.

I honestly forget map sizes sometimes or get them mixed up. Are there any common, current ones other than Q-BAM and Worlda?

Your last Worlda NA looked great, so I'm looking forward to seeing another one, though I usually personally prefer QBAMs for world maps and generally like bigger maps. Are you doing a 1830 one or some other time (we do have much more info on the Americas than on the rest of the world)?
Yeah, I'm doing 1830. Here's what I have so far:
upload_2019-12-28_15-23-41.png

How's this look?

Yeah, I'm doing 1830. Here's what I have so far:
View attachment 511978
How's this look?

Looks good!

I seem to remember the US having Labrador though. Other than that, very nice. Can't wait to see the finished product (well, i can, so no need to rush, but you know).

I remember I started working on something that shows when what territories and states were created, split up, or admitted to the union. If you give me a second, I should be able to find it. It might (or might not) come in handy.

Well, I found it. It turns out it won't be that helpful to you. Honestly, your map will be more help to me than this will be to you (also none of this is canon, it was just an idea that I never finished, but I think the dates I have make sense (at least they did when I made it) so they could help a bit) but anyway, here it is:

e3XuNhy.jpg

[Edit: oh, are there no years on the side? Wow. This is the thing based on the chart on Usefulcharts.com if you remember me talking about it.]

Secondly, when you get the chance @Entrerriano or @Onerom (I know you both have things to do, so no rush, just an idea of what you can do), it would be nice to get an animated map of South America showing the territorial changes from the beginning of the wars of independence to 1830, kind of like the one in Onerom's timeline Nobody Expects: The Spanish Revolution. I am aware that Entrerriano is busy with Argentine lore and I can't even remember if Onerom is still working on this TL or has decided to focus on his own stuff, so with that in mind, this is definitely not a high priority thing, and is just something I thought would be cool to have.

Yes, I want to keep involved in this project and I still read the thread regularly, it's just that until the end of January I don't think I will be able to devote enough time to work on it.

I think all the stuff you have proposed to do is right, it's good to have some planning done even if we can't don it right now. Could you threadmark it as "Plans" or "To do" to have it and its maps easily accessible in the future?

Looks good!

I seem to remember the US having Labrador though. Other than that, very nice. Can't wait to see the finished product (well, i can, so no need to rush, but you know).

Yeah, Labrador is part of the US on most maps. I kinda thought it might make sense for the British to keep the sparsely-populated Labrador coast, though I can return it to the USA if need be.

Also, here's what I have so far (and this is gonna be it for right now, got stuff to work on):
upload_2019-12-28_16-21-34.png

Central America is mostly the same as IRL - except for two states - Los Altos (modern-day Chiapas), and Guanacaste, a province of Costa Rica that has historically had secessionist movements.

Yes, I want to keep involved in this project and I still read the thread regularly, it's just that until the end of January I don't think I will be able to devote enough time to work on it.

I'm glad to hear that you're still involved! If you have things to do right now though, that's not a problem.

I think all the stuff you have proposed to do is right, it's good to have some planning done even if we can't don it right now. Could you threadmark it as "Plans" or "To do" to have it and its maps easily accessible in the future?

Good idea. I'll make a "to do list" post so we can keep track of what needs to get done and update it when stuff gets done or we come up with new things.

Yeah, Labrador is part of the US on most maps. I kinda thought it might make sense for the British to keep the sparsely-populated Labrador coast, though I can return it to the USA if need be.

Thanks for putting it back into the US.

It could have gone either way, since neither side really had any use for Labrador, but I figured that the British would give it up as it would make for a better and more defensible border (since the US is blocking expansion from there, and it's just a long thin strip of land with a population too small to defend it and no major ports that could be helpful, it's not really useful for anything but fishing), and it's been part of the US so far, I don't really want to retcon all of those maps.

Also, here's what I have so far (and this is gonna be it for right now, got stuff to work on):
View attachment 511990
Central America is mostly the same as IRL - except for two states - Los Altos (modern-day Chiapas), and Guanacaste, a province of Costa Rica that has historically had secessionist movements.

Excellent. I was thinking of having them keep Los Altos, as with British support, I don't see the UKCA losing it. Guanacaste as a separate state is fine by me, I just wonder, is the part of Puntarenas Province just to the south of it, on the peninsula, still a part of Costa Rica?

Keep up the great work. I like the color scheme you used for your last set of North America worldas (and which you seem to be using for this map as well), which one is it?

Excellent. I was thinking of having them keep Los Altos, as with British support, I don't see the UKCA losing it. Guanacaste as a separate state is fine by me, I just wonder, is the part of Puntarenas Province just to the south of it, on the peninsula, still a part of Costa Rica?
Nah, it's probably more likely that the whole of the Nicoya Peninsula is part of Guanacaste

Keep up the great work. I like the color scheme you used for your last set of North America worldas (and which you seem to be using for this map as well), which one is it?
It's a mixture -- if I recall correctly, the color for the USA is from THICC, but everything else is from the NCS.

To Do List
vyW5tMf.jpg

Colossus of the New World
To Do List | Current Projects:

Legend:

L
= Low Priority: Not immediately necessary, just nice to have.Finish when you can.
M = Medium Priority: Would be nice to have done soon but no rush. Admittedly not too different from low priority.
H = High Priority: Must be done within the month or another specific period.

(C) = Complete
(NS) = Not Started

• World Map for 1830 (@mikroraptor ) M
    • North America Worlda for 1830 (@Bennett ) M (just because it's almost like a quarter done)
  • Argentine/Southern Cone lore/history M
    • River Plate Colony Wikibox update (@Onerom ) L
  • War of German Unification (@Višeslav) H/M
    • Background of the war (C)
    • Beginning of the war
    • Russian intervention/war with Austria/Eastern Front (NS)
    • French Intervention/Western Front (NS)
    • British entry and involvement (NS)
    • War in Germany/Central or German Front (NS)
    • Aftermath (NS)
    • Figuring out Indian history from the end of the American revolution to 1850 (@Hindustani Person ) M

To Do List | Ongoing Tasks:

• Creating or collecting Basemaps (COLLECTIVE)
  • Figuring out history/lore generally (COLLECTIVE)

Next Steps/Future Projects:

• Balkan History/Lore following the Napoleonic wars (@Višeslav ) M
    • Balkan Wars L/M
  • Figuring out East Asian history in between the POD and 1850 (VACANT) M
  • Italian Unification (VACANT) M
  • Colonization of Africa (COLLECTIVE) M/H

upmKAjf.jpg

Useful Resources for current projects:

Northern South America follows these 2 maps:

View attachment 485526
1. before 1808.
2.- 1808
3.- 1809
4.- 1810
5.- 1811
6.- 1812
7.- 1815
8.- 1817
9.- 1822

10.- 1823

View attachment 486490

Here's a map proposal for the state of South America around 1830.

This is the situation in the Southern Cone in 1830.

By the way, my Rio de La Plata proposal for aroun 1830:
unknown.png

Countries: British Plate Colony, Federation of Peru, Empire of Brazil, Republic of Chile, Republic of Salta, Paraguay, United Provinces of Cordoba, Republic of Tucuman
I didn't include any claims in foreign lands to not clutter the map, but be aware that this is full of border disputes.

This Would be the situation in Europe:

This is the closest we have to a map of North America for now (Bennett's Worlda coming soon):

Of course, it would need quite a few changes as I believe this was supposed to be a modern day map before we agreed on California being a thing.

• Belize and the Moskito Coast remain British for now.
  • Alaska should be Russian.
  • The US should not be fully incorporating all of those states, nor should it all be settled. There will be many more territories around in the west and north, some might contain multiple states on this map.
The rest of the world:

East Asia has yet to be significantly changed, South Asia should be visibly different though. So:

• Mysore is still around, though I'm not sure how long it can hold out against the British.
    • The British may have a bit less land in India, but it shouldn't be a huge difference.
  • The British may (or may not) have kept Dutch Indonesia after the Napoleonic wars. If they did, the British have likely expanded a bit since then, maybe placed a few more local kingdoms under their protection.
  • Otherwise, It should be more or less like OTL

If you need it, there is a very nice and potentially useful map of the Russian Empire's expansion with dates (look on the map, not on the legend)

Africa is more or less the same as IOTL, if you find any plausible changes you think should/need to happen, feel free to incorporate them, but of course, run it by the rest of the people first.

Last edited:
North America in the 1830s
Alright, here's my final map for 1830's North America:

upload_2019-12-28_20-9-53.png

Notes:
*Here I'm assuming that history in the Caribbean / Alaska / Pacific, etc. is generally the same (hence unified Haiti, unified Hawai'i, etc.)
*Same goes for Mexico -- outside of the US border, all provinces / territories are the same as real-life for the 1830s.
*I outlined the countries of Central America for a reason -- I have an idea here that I'll explain more in detail in a future post.
*Russian America never had any legally defined borders, hence the lack of borders on the map.
*Changed up some of the color scheme -- Russia, Spain, and the outline for Central America's colors are all taken from the DCS.

Alright, here's my final map for 1830's North America:

View attachment 512044

Notes:
*Here I'm assuming that history in the Caribbean / Alaska / Pacific, etc. is generally the same (hence unified Haiti, unified Hawai'i, etc.)
*Same goes for Mexico -- outside of the US border, all provinces / territories are the same as real-life for the 1830s.
*I outlined the countries of Central America for a reason -- I have an idea here that I'll explain more in detail in a future post.
*Russian America never had any legally defined borders, hence the lack of borders on the map.
*Changed up some of the color scheme -- Russia, Spain, and the outline for Central America's colors are all taken from the DCS.

Looks Great!!

Sorry for nitpicking, but, wasn't Haiti independent while the OTL modern Dominican Republic was Spanish or am I forgetting something?

I seem to remember us agreeing to keep Central America united as a British protectorate/ally.

Are you planning on doing South America as well or is this the finished product?

Looks Great!!

Sorry for nitpicking, but, wasn't Haiti independent while the OTL modern Dominican Republic was Spanish or am I forgetting something?

Haiti unified the island of Hispaniola from 1822-1844 IRL, so that's the logic behind that.

I seem to remember us agreeing to keep Central America united as a British protectorate/ally.

Yeah, I figured the processes to complete the UKCA would take a little bit longer than 1830.

Are you planning on doing South America as well or is this the finished product?

I'll probably try doing South America, yeah.

Haiti unified the island of Hispaniola from 1822-1844 IRL, so that's the logic behind that.
Oh really? Cool. I didn't know that.

Yeah, I figured the processes to complete the UKCA would take a little bit longer than 1830.

Interesting, why do you say that? I know you said you'd elaborate later, so could later be when you get the chance to respond to this?

I'll probably try doing South America, yeah.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. It will be nice to have a full map of the Americas, you know, just to see it all. I'll threadmark it when that's done.

Now that You've got me thinking about the UKCA again, who is going to be chosen as the king?

It might be one of the Monarchist politicians. Maybe Central America's first leader, Gabino Gaínza de Medrano who was a Monarchist but IOTL supported independence rather than joining Mexico and was sympathetic to and popular among the rebels in Central America. As far as I understand, he might be liberal enough for the people, and anti republican enough for the British to set up as a puppet king.

What do you think?

I'm not very informed on Central American history, are there any better candidates?

Also, I think Central America works better, but what if it was called the Kingdom of Guatemala, as that was an actual subdivision of New Spain before independence that controlled most of Central America?

Now that You've got me thinking about the UKCA again, who is going to be chosen as the king?

It might be one of the Monarchist politicians. Maybe Central America's first leader, Gabino Gaínza de Medrano who was a Monarchist but IOTL supported independence rather than joining Mexico and was sympathetic to and popular among the rebels in Central America. As far as I understand, he might be liberal enough for the people, and anti republican enough for the British to set up as a puppet king.

What do you think?

I'm not very informed on Central American history, are there any better candidates?

Also, I think Central America works better, but what if it was called the Kingdom of Guatemala, as that was an actual subdivision of New Spain before independence that controlled most of Central America?
Whoever is decided as king will have to be whenever the Kingdom is formed, which I'm seeing as probably late 1830s - mid 1840s. As such, the idea of a Kingdom of Guatemala would seem rather antiquated, and not well-liked. I'll write my idea of the history in a moment, sorry!

Also, looking at South America in 1830 is a little chaotic, heh. I'll translate it over tomorrow though

Whoever is decided as king will have to be whenever the Kingdom is formed, which I'm seeing as probably late 1830s - mid 1840s. As such, the idea of a Kingdom of Guatemala would seem rather antiquated, and not well-liked. I'll write my idea of the history in a moment, sorry!

Also, looking at South America in 1830 is a little chaotic, heh. I'll translate it over tomorrow though

I agree that Guatemala wouldn't be a popular name, as Central America is already around as an option, but I figured it was worth mentioning in case someone who knows more about Mesoamerican history than me preferred it for some reason that I'm unaware of.

If the kingdom forms then, Gainza is an extremely unlikely candidate, as corpses generally make for bad kings.

As for the history, you don't have to tell me now, but if you have the time, feel free. In my time zone at least, it's quite late, so I'll be logging off soon.