When did this move happen? Was it a gradual thing or after a specific event? Do you know the cause?
The diaspora was, to my knowledge, based off of the industrial revolution. Places like Lowell and other New England locations had good jobs in the mills, and as such many Quebecois migrated south to New England in search of jobs.

The diaspora was, to my knowledge, based off of the industrial revolution. Places like Lowell and other New England locations had good jobs in the mills, and as such many Quebecois migrated south to New England in search of jobs.

If they do go to New England TTL (which makes sense, since it is still likely to be fairly industrialized), it's bound to create an interesting dynamic considering the increased Anti-Catholic and specifically Anti-Quebecois sentiment there.

If they do go to New England TTL (which makes sense, since it is still likely to be fairly industrialized), it's bound to create an interesting dynamic considering the increased Anti-Catholic and specifically Anti-Quebecois sentiment there.
Yeah, it'll be really interesting. What're your thoughts on what I said about Native Americans on the last page?

It's meant to diverge from the OTL treaty if that's what you mean, that's why is said it's an analogue for the Adams-Onis agreement, not the treaty itself (the original map follows it more or less exactly) so the point isn't resemblance to the original but plausibility. If you mean state borders, I'm going to need a bit of clarification, but I'm aware that some of the lines are odd (I made them while zoomed in, so my sense of what comes off as following latitude and longitude at this map's tilt was way off). Either way, thanks for the advice.
Oh no, by “east” I meant the Thirteen Colonies. Everything else looks really good!

Michigan. A French population there makes sense. When did this move happen? Was it a gradual thing or after a specific event? Do you know the cause?
Well, Detroit was founded by the French (the word "Detroit" means "Strait" in French), and IOTL a lot of French Canadians moved to industrial towns, so if New England is even more Anti-Catholic than IOTL, I'm sure they'd just pack up and move to the motor city instead.

Yeah, it'll be really interesting. What're your thoughts on what I said about Native Americans on the last page?

Well, if you saw the newer map, I brought Georgia, Florida, and Alabama back into their OTL borders. I'm not sure it makes sense to make Georgia so big, this changes the whole situation in Florida and I don't know enough specifics about the trail of tears to know how this changes things, still, I think that these southern states would still not appreciate the Seminole raids, especially with the freeing of slaves. Like you mentioned, with a less centralized government, the deportation to "Indian Territory" might not be an option, as it requires moving the natives through numerous states into land outside of Georgia, Alabama, and Florida jurisdiction, meaning that the state governments instigating a genocide makes perfect sense given the border changes, it might just play out slightly differently in different states.

I'm no expert, but I think we have to consider both governmental policy (surely more 'northern' than OTL, but we would need to analyze how would Quebec fit in the American political system instead of de facto lumping it to 'the North', given that slavery vs free wasn't the focus from minute 1) and population/demographic dynamics.
I think Quebec would certainly be hostile to the idea of war with Mexico, given how Catholic Americans reacted OTL, and I could see Quebec having a hard time with the whole Manifest Destiny/American nationalism thing at this point. Perhaps the stronger Federalists would get behind Manifest Destiny while the Dem-Reps stick with a more small government approach.

I think Quebec would certainly be hostile to the idea of war with Mexico, given how Catholic Americans reacted OTL, and I could see Quebec having a hard time with the whole Manifest Destiny/American nationalism thing at this point. Perhaps the stronger Federalists would get behind Manifest Destiny while the Dem-Reps stick with a more small government approach.

Wouldn't the party balance be the other way around though given the Federalists lesser success with the constitution and the addition of an anti-federalist Quebec?

edit: or do you think that hatred for Quebec and Catholics would make more people vote federalist?

I think that the native American relations will probably vary from state to state. What do you think about what I said about the Iroquois?

What do you think about what I said about the Iroquois?
It's generally unlikely for the Iroquois to have allied with the Revolution, simply because it wasn't in their favor -- Britain was a much safer option for most of the Iroquois to take, and even then, the Iroquois that sided with the Patriots were treated shittily all the same.

I think that the native American relations will probably vary from state to state. What do you think about what I said about the Iroquois?

I don't know about that TBH. The Haudenosaunee had good reasons to support the Brits. The US explicitly wanted to expand into their land, while Britain, at least for the time being, gave them autonomy in the "Indian Territory". Even among the nations that officially supported the US, there was a lot of individuals who supported Britain. Also, OTL, the US didn't really care about it's Iroquois allies after the war was over, though I suppose if they had been instrumental in taking Canada they would have to be treated well at least for a bit, I see that as fairly unlikely. I agree with the variation in treatment of natives though. They were definitely states where there was less hostility between natives and the government

@mikroraptor I kind of feel bad about shutting your idea down, but I'm not the only person who thinks it's unlikely. Please don't take it personally, it's just the one idea. Speaking of your suggestions, you haven't answered my question about your Polish proposal. Does a successful Polish revolt stem from some effect of the existing PODs or is it a secondary POD you want to add to make the world more interesting? Also, on the topic of Europe do you think that Napoleon's rise to power is still likely and do you think that the Napoleonic wars will be longer, shorter, or the same length considering Britain's new position? Also, I can see Nappy being unable to use polish separatists as allies causing him some trouble. What do you think? (I may be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but there's no harm in having a rough idea of what's going to happen)

Wouldn't the party balance be the other way around though given the Federalists lesser success with the constitution and the addition of an anti-federalist Quebec?

edit: or do you think that hatred for Quebec and Catholics would make more people vote federalist?
I was going off what someone else said about them surviving because no War of 1812. Although you're probably right that they would be weaker at first.

Here's the thing, we seem to be shifting towards the idea of a Parliamentary USA (or at least, I dunno, people might suggest that). But, and I might be wrong here, wouldn't that go against the New Jersey Plan? Like, aren't parliaments supposed to be apportioned towards populations (like the House of Representatives, or the Virginia Plan), as opposed to just x votes per unit (IE state)?

I probably either don't understand how parliaments work, or am bringing up a legitimate point. And I probably worded this poorly, apologies.

Here's the thing, we seem to be shifting towards the idea of a Parliamentary USA (or at least, I dunno, people might suggest that). But, and I might be wrong here, wouldn't that go against the New Jersey Plan? Like, aren't parliaments supposed to be apportioned towards populations (like the House of Representatives, or the Virginia Plan), as opposed to just x votes per unit (IE state)?

I probably either don't understand how parliaments work, or am bringing up a legitimate point. And I probably worded this poorly, apologies.

I would have an answer for zou but I'm too tired to think straight and was just about to log off. If anyone who still has more than 2 brain cells is willing to clear this up, I'd appreciate it. I plan on writing up a summary of the history up to the acceptance of the Jersey plan or like the French revolution some time soon to be checked over by ya'll, if anyone has more suggestions for that feel free to post them.

Here's the thing
No you’re right, and I was wondering how that would go with Congress being so not representative. Maybe proportional representation is a later development, like the popular election of presidential electors, and later, senators, OTL.

Actually, that could be an interesting part of the increasing democratization of the country.

No you’re right, and I was wondering how that would go with Congress being so not representative. Maybe proportional representation is a later development, like the popular election of presidential electors, and later, senators, OTL.

Actually, that could be an interesting part of the increasing democratization of the country.
Ooh, that'd certainly be interesting! Though, probably something to arrive in the early 20th century (probably with push beginning in the 1860s-70s? It would take awhile, considering how massive the renovations would have to be for such a system to be created).

Ooh, that'd certainly be interesting! Though, probably something to arrive in the early 20th century (probably with push beginning in the 1860s-70s? It would take awhile, considering how massive the renovations would have to be for such a system to be created).
Yeah, and considering the nature of TTL US, it would probably happen gradually, state by state.

@mikroraptor I kind of feel bad about shutting your idea down, but I'm not the only person who thinks it's unlikely. Please don't take it personally, it's just the one idea. Speaking of your suggestions, you haven't answered my question about your Polish proposal. Does a successful Polish revolt stem from some effect of the existing PODs or is it a secondary POD you want to add to make the world more interesting? Also, on the topic of Europe do you think that Napoleon's rise to power is still likely and do you think that the Napoleonic wars will be longer, shorter, or the same length considering Britain's new position? Also, I can see Nappy being unable to use polish separatists as allies causing him some trouble. What do you think? (I may be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but there's no harm in having a rough idea of what's going to happen)
I am okay with dropping the part about the Iroquois, as it is probably quite implausible.
I did some research on the Kosciuzcko Uprising, and I have an idea that might make sense. In OTL, Kosciuzcko led a rebellion against the corrupt, Russian puppet government of Poland. He failed mainly due to being outnumbered, and because Prussia chose to send its forces east to deal with the uprising. If instead Prussia concentrated on containing Napoleon, with British assistance, the rebels manage to force Russia and Prussia to the table, so that they can concentrate on the west. ITTL, because of this, we win up with a stalemate in the Napoleonic wars, perhaps with France dominating the Latin countries, and an independent, American allied Republic of Poland. Kosciuzcko reforms the Polish government, giving more power to the Sejm, and abolishing the Serfdom and the Monarchy.

Map proposal for Poland:
Kosciuzcko l.png