Section 1: A Miracle
"Early 1502, appeared as though it would be a sad year for all of England. The King and Queen, Henry VII and Elizabeth of York had lost their eldest son and heir, Arthur, Prince of Wales. Their son was only 15 years old and was the 'Great Tudor Hope'. Arthur's wife, whom he had only married 6 months prior, Catherine of Aragon, was left distraught by Arthur's death. Everyone in the Royal Family mourned Arthur. Then in mid April a miracle happened, it became clear Catherine was pregnant with child"

- Geoff Grey, "The Tudor Miracles"

"I find myself pregnant with my late Artie's child. I am eager to become a Mother and give birth to England's heir. However, many physicians have told me that my belly has grown far too large to be simply carrying a single child".

- A letter from Catherine of Aragon to her Mother, Queen Isabella I of Castile

"Both the King and Queen of England held their breath upon hearing of Catherine's pregnancy. There was no guarantee that the child Catherine carried would live. However, both were eager to become Grandparents and prayed for a Grandson to succeed them. As such the two ordered that Catherine of Aragon return to London with Arthur's body. Henry VII wanted to give Arthur a funeral worthy of a Prince, he also wanted to be present for his Grandchild's birth."

- Joel Maddow, "The History of the Tudors"

"Upon Catherine's arrival in London a funeral was quickly held for Arthur. Catherine would not attend her husband's funeral, as was the tradition at the time. Instead she would appoint a Chief Mourner. Catherine would take residence in Richmond Palace, as Henry VII requested. She was given a large chamber in the Palace and given access to an allowance of 25 pounds. Catherine would become close friends with her Mother in-law Elizabeth during the course of her pregnancy."

- Liam Christy, "Catalina de Aragon"

"In Christmas of 1502, Catherine entered labour. Many physicians were sent to tend to her with, Henry VII being present in the delivery room with Catherine, so that he may witness his Grandchild's birth. On December 25th, the delivery began and with it, something nobody expected occurred."

- Jeanne Laurence, "The Children of Camelot"

"T'was like nothing I have ever witness in all my life! First came one baby, a boy with tufts of red hair across his head, suddenly a second baby came, this time a girl, with blond hair dotted across her head. Lastly came a boy, large and strong, with brown tufts hair across his head. I have never seen anything like that in my life. I know not what the names of the children are, but I have personally nicknamed the trio "The Children of Camelot"

- Extract from the journal of one of Catherine's physicians.​

So, here's my new timeline! I will still update my current timeline, A Second Wife, A Second Husband, but I thought this would be a fun thing to do on the side! I know Catherine having triplets and living is a bit of a stretch, but hey, it ain't ASB (I hope it isn't). Oh, and yes, this is a spiritual successor to my first timeline!

Very interesting! I’m a big fan of timelines where Arthur and Catherine have a posthumous child/children 😉
Thank you! I also love Arthur having posthumous children (preferably a son just to keep Henry VIII away from the throne), or anything that involved Arthur and/or his descendants getting the throne!

Thank you! I also love Arthur having posthumous children (preferably a son just to keep Henry VIII away from the throne), or anything that involved Arthur and/or his descendants getting the throne!
In my TL where Arthur and Catherine have a posthumous daughter the girl is married to Henry viii so the further kings of England will be descendants of both Henry and Arthur. But I have to admit, arthur’s survival is a fun ‘what if’.

In my TL where Arthur and Catherine have a posthumous daughter the girl is married to Henry viii so the further kings of England will be descendants of both Henry and Arthur. But I have to admit, arthur’s survival is a fun ‘what if’.
And I can’t wait to see her Henry VIII and the girl get along as husband and wife :) Oh Arthur is 100% the Great Tudor What if, just like he was the Great hope during his life.

Three children born in 1502 will be great for England and Europe for the whole.

Possibly a double marriage between the daughter and Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor along with the eldest son and Isabella of Austria.
The eldest boy would still more likely marry Eleanor than Isabella of Austria. The girl and Charles are clearly a pretty logical match for each other.

Oh I have ideas for brides/suitors for these kids in mind. Although I can say one of the two matches you suggested is correct!
I do not doubt of it.

Hey, @BlueFlowwer I think you'll like this one :)

I know Catherine having triplets and living is a bit of a stretch, but hey, it ain't ASB (I hope it isn't).
Eh, we've got a couple timelines floating around (one's mine) where quadruplets are born, so I'd say your triplets are fine.

Really excited to see where this goes :)

I'm predicting: Arthur for the heir, Elizabeth for the daughter, and Edward for the second son.

Last edited:
Hey, @BlueFlowwer I think you'll like this one :)

Eh, we've got a couple timelines floating around (one's mine) where quadruplets are born, so I'd say your triplets are fine.

I'm predicting: Arthur for the heir, Elizabeth for the daughter, and Edward for the second son.
Unlikly that Henry would choose anything but Henry for the second son's name. He might allow Katherine to name her daughter after herself though.

True. Besides Catherine’s Mother and niece did have twins so adding in one more child isn’t to much of a stretch.
Thanks!
I'm predicting: Arthur for the heir, Elizabeth for the daughter, and Edward for the second son
Oh so close. I can say only one of those names is wrong