I could have sworn. Maybe I mixed it up with something else.
Prince of Wales is a title that is granted to the Heir Apparent ( however at the Monarchs whim rather than automatically ) , its the title Duke of Cornwall that only goes to an eldest son ( it, unlike Prince of Wales, actually has lands and revenues attached to it rather than purely being ceremonial )

Prince of Wales is a title that is granted to the Heir Apparent ( however at the Monarchs whim rather than automatically ) , its the title Duke of Cornwall that only goes to an eldest son ( it, unlike Prince of Wales, actually has lands and revenues attached to it rather than purely being ceremonial )
According to the wiki, Richard II was Duke of Cornwall as well when he was heir apparent, so it wasn't only for the eldest son either.

AFAICT none of the usual titles reserved for the heir apparent are only for the eldest son.

According to the wiki, Richard II was Duke of Cornwall as well when he was heir apparent, so it wasn't only for the eldest son either.

AFAICT none of the usual titles reserved for the heir apparent are only for the eldest son.
Richard II is the only exception, from 1421 it was explicitly decreed by charter to be for the sovereign's eldest son , George III as Grandson of George II was, before taking the throne, Prince of Wales but not Duke of Cornwall. If the Sovereign does not have a son ( or rather does not have a legitimate one :) ) then it merges with the Crown until there is a suitable son.

Richard II is the only exception, from 1421 it was explicitly decreed by charter to be for the sovereign's eldest son , George III as Grandson of George II was, before taking the throne, Prince of Wales but not Duke of Cornwall. If the Sovereign does not have a son ( or rather does not have a legitimate one :) ) then it merges with the Crown until there is a suitable son.
Yes but I don't think there was ever a from Grandfather to Grandson succession since 1421, so Tudor could easily treat it differently here.

Oho this is interesting, can I have a link or something to this charter?

Even if there was a charter, I'm pretty sure no one would contest Henry's decision to grant the landed titles to his grandson, especially since Henry in this scenario is already serving as his guardian, so would thus be gaining the income anyway. One could argue that as the legal heir of the late Arthur, his infant son would already be entitled to being Earl of Chester and Duke of Cornwall.

Even if there was a charter, I'm pretty sure no one would contest Henry's decision to grant the landed titles to his grandson, especially since Henry in this scenario is already serving as his guardian, so would thus be gaining the income anyway. One could argue that as the legal heir of the late Arthur, his infant son would already be entitled to being Earl of Chester and Duke of Cornwall.
True actually, the only argument against Arthur (the son of the late Arthur) being the legal heir is that he was posthumous.

Richard of York was also made Duke of Cornwall when he was recognised as heir apparent to Henry VI. It only seems to have developed the eldest son only of the monarch tradition with the Stuarts.
It seems to me a way of making the eldest son a Duke before later making him Prince of Wales.

Richard of York was also made Duke of Cornwall when he was recognised as heir apparent to Henry VI. It only seems to have developed the eldest son only of the monarch tradition with the Stuarts.
It seems to me a way of making the eldest son a Duke before later making him Prince of Wales.
So Henry VII’s Grandson can be made the Duke of Cornwall after all?

Baby Elizabeth is gonna become a very sought after bride, I'm just saying. She's a perfect age to marry Charles V and given her mother will teach her spanish and it's customs she could be a good regent. She won't be quite as wealthy as Isabella of Portugal however. Or Charles can marry Isabella and Elizabeth could marry John III of Portugal instead. Would reinforce the Ango-Portuguese alliance once more.

Baby Elizabeth is gonna become a very sought after bride, I'm just saying. She's a perfect age to marry Charles V and given her mother will teach her spanish and it's customs she could be a good regent. She won't be quite as wealthy as Isabella of Portugal however. Or Charles can marry Isabella and Elizabeth could marry John III of Portugal instead. Would reinforce the Ango-Portuguese alliance once more.
I'd be up for that!

Oh, Elizabeth is definitely going to be a prestigious match here! After the Habsburg Girls and Portuguese Infantas she is the next best match availabe. Also I have matches in mind for all three for Catherine’s children!