The CDC in Memphis not Atlanta?

Nephi

Banned
I read an article online that explains why the CDC is located in Atlanta.

Memphis was once considered, like Atlanta its also a major transportation hub, maybe to a lesser extent but still.

Suppose the CDC was located in Memphis not Atlanta?

Would that have any effect on the city?

While Atlanta has grown to become a pretty decent city, Memphis has become something of a southern Detroit.

Would the inclusion of a government office like that have improved the cities fate?

Would the inclusion of a government office like that have improved the cities fate?

At least in part. I'm not clear on the other details of the problems of Memphis. Its tied to the Delta economically and culturally as much or more than to the Tennessee uplands & the Cumberland River basin, or Appalachia.

But the CDC would bring in several thousand well educated and relatively well paid employees for whatever effect that has.

At least in part. I'm not clear on the other details of the problems of Memphis. Its tied to the Delta economically and culturally as much or more than to the Tennessee uplands & the Cumberland River basin, or Appalachia.

Memphis has a long-standing culture of political corruption (it was the base of political machine leader Boss Crump, for instance, and see also the Ford family, who got their start thanks to the Crump machine), has had conflicts with the rural-dominated interests of the Tennessee State Legislature (currently expressed with the "blue city in red state" phenomena), has very high crime rates, and a long trend of white flight to the suburbs which has left the city struggling to find money to fund many things. The city has also had a lot of conflicts with the country government over many things, like the school system in the area. All of this has contributed to why Memphis can be accurately described as a "Southern Detroit".

Walking Dead has an episode with zombies infesting Graceland.

Seriously, it would bring in government money so there's the increased revenue. Maybe it halts depopulation.

Malignant inflammation; get me Memphis Tennessee,
Help me get my sample tested by the CDC.
I couldn't feel an itching, so I know it's not the crabs,
My doctor did the swabbing and he sent it to their labs.