The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

This was last night, but I ran a Romney-Portman campaign in 2012. I kept it moderate, maybe slightly leaning to the right, overall but kept strong on foreign policy. I did not at all do dirty campaigning and kept with a very optimistic message and I eked out a victory by about 20 electoral votes if I remember correctly.

John Farson

Banned
Finally won my first victory last night, played Bryan in the 1896 race at Easy, with Claude Matthews as my running mate. Won 240 EVs and 51.4% of the popular vote against McKinley's 207 and 47.7%.

genusmap.php

Swept all I could, but I didn't do enough in the North to give Humphrey enough to "win". Heck, I beat Humphrey.

Final Results

Candidate Electoral Votes Popular Votes Popular Vote %
---- Richard Nixon 426 33,177,875 45.2%
---- George Wallace 64 11,313,511 15.4%
---- Hubert H. Humphrey 47 28,978,210 39.4%

Just won 1968 as Humphrey/Kennedy. Cut ties to Johnson administration, beat the snot out of Nixon in a debate, and moderated my Liberalism to win over the Law and Order crowd. The whole "Nixon sabotaged the peace talks" thing certainly helped.

310/174/53 for the EC, 44.5%/41.7%/13.8% for the popular vote.

John Farson

Banned
Just won 1968 as Humphrey/Kennedy. Cut ties to Johnson administration, beat the snot out of Nixon in a debate, and moderated my Liberalism to win over the Law and Order crowd. The whole "Nixon sabotaged the peace talks" thing certainly helped.

310/174/53 for the EC, 44.5%/41.7%/13.8% for the popular vote.

I never get a debate with Nixon when playing HHH in '68. How do you do it, getting the debate I mean.

U.S David

Banned
I was Mitt Romney on easy, and I was killing Obama. I was on track to win New York and Washington State. Then I fucked up on the last question, and I barely won with New Hampshire being the last and deciding state. But I somehow list the popular vote.

But I then played as Wallace in 1968 easy. I did better then he did OTL, but I couldn't deadlock the electoral collage because Nixon did much better then HHH.

What's the best you had on Wallace? I was got Tennesse and South Carolina. Anyone beat that? Is it even possible for him to win the upper south or Midwest?

U.S David

Banned
I think it would be great if they could throw in more elections like 1860, 1960, 2000, 2004, and an 1976 where you can pick between Reagan, Ford, or Carter.

What's the best you had on Wallace? I was got Tennesse and South Carolina. Anyone beat that? Is it even possible for him to win the upper south or Midwest?
I won North Carolina once. In that game I picked Thurmond and campaigned there significantly. Paid off.

For some reason I was playing as Nixon and I was polled to win a landslide until I said I didn't like the Black Panthers. :confused:

John Farson

Banned
For some reason I was playing as Nixon and I was polled to win a landslide until I said I didn't like the Black Panthers. :confused:

Yeah, some of the reactions to the answers are weird. I swear, in my last playthrough as HHH (which actually went better than before - I won Illinois), when I chose the "relentlessly hammer Nixon over refusing to debate" option, my poll ratings went down.:confused: