The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

The mods are getting sillier and memier, and I love it. The most recent one lets you finally give Jeb his due in 2016. And then, there’s the Chris-Chan one. And let’s not forget Patrick Bateman’s memorable run for the White House.

I tried the 1912 mod, and while its pretty good, there are some weird things worth noting.

It gives the option of running as Debs, but you can't run as Debs. If you try, you get literally told to f--- off. You can't run as Taft either, picking the Taft option takes you to the 2000 scenario and running as Bush.

You can run as Roosevelt and Wilson, and the mod proceeds normally. I tried as Roosevelt and wound up with the historical result, almost identical popular vote totals, and Roosevelt carried the states he carried historically plus Maine, and Taft carried the two states he carried historically plus New Hampshire. Trying as Wilson, I blew the election by being too comfortable with Tammany Hall, which apparently cost a big drop in Wilson's support, though he still won the nationwide popular vote. I'm not sure if that is historically accurate.

It seems that the 1964-Nixon mod only works with LBJ now, with the incredibly enjoyable Nixon side no longer working now that the LBJ side is up

I tried the 1912 mod, and while its pretty good, there are some weird things worth noting.

It gives the option of running as Debs, but you can't run as Debs. If you try, you get literally told to f--- off. You can't run as Taft either, picking the Taft option takes you to the 2000 scenario and running as Bush.

According to the folks I’ve talked to on the mod community’s Discord server when I asked about that Debs thing, it’s an in-joke at the expense of a mod maker who was notorious for being terrible at coding and making broken mods.

Does anyone know what the new 1993 mod is that just redirects you to some old-timey game?

It’s Doom. So it’s probably just a silly meme about how people have coded Doom to play on literally every computer device known to humanity, from calculators to pregnancy tests, like in the article linked below. Probably the community just spoofing that phenomenon.

Last edited:
The game is fun to play, but it's a shame that even today this problem continues to not let you see the end of each scenario if you win or lose, I mean, hell, the end is the reward, right .... I don't know whether it's because I'm from another country or not, as far as I know, even changing browsers doesn't help and since apparently most people can play normally and without problems, I don't even know if it's worth trying to contact the developers and report this anymore.

Anyway, sorry guys, it's just a rant.

One of the coolest, most world-building-heavy mods was released recently. Basically, it’s an alt-1972 election where George Wallace dies from his assassination and John Connolly gets the Dem nomination, so with extra tensions and both parties circling the wagons around conservatives/centrists, you play as Gus Hall of the Communist Party USA. You get to choose from a wide variety of running mates, each of whom makes significant differences on the course of the campaign, with the hopes of giving the Communists their best showing in an election in years.

One of the coolest, most world-building-heavy mods was released recently. Basically, it’s an alt-1972 election where George Wallace dies from his assassination and John Connolly gets the Dem nomination, so with extra tensions and both parties circling the wagons around conservatives/centrists, you play as Gus Hall of the Communist Party USA. You get to choose from a wide variety of running mates, each of whom makes significant differences on the course of the campaign, with the hopes of giving the Communists their best showing in an election in years.
1678123243463.png

Indeed. What a delightful mod!

It’s Doom. So it’s probably just a silly meme about how people have coded Doom to play on literally every computer device known to humanity, from calculators to pregnancy tests, like in the article linked below. Probably the community just spoofing that phenomenon.

That's hilarious, too bad it runs like ass

It might be interesting if the possibility of run-offs was intruduced to simulate some elections,such as the French presidential and legislative elections, the Weimar presidential elections, "jungle primaries" in Louisiana, California and Washington and the Israeli PM elections.

I've had this idea for a scenario I'll cal Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss. 2024 presidential election; Marjorie Taylor Greene as the Republican candidate, Marianne Williamson as the Democratic candidate, and Tulsi Gabbard running as an Independent.