The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Just played the 1912 U.S. Presidential Scenario, and got a pretty cursed result:
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.53.34 PM.jpeg

Among my favorites results:
Georgia: 43.3-38.9-17.2-0.6
Indiana: 34.0-32.1-28.0-5.9
Nevada: 43.7-20.2-19.6-16.6
North Carolina: 44.4-35.6-19.6-0.4
Wyoming: 41.6-33.0-18.0-7.4

Overall it came out to: 5,357,293 (35.8), 4,784,449 (32.0), 3,850,040 (25.7), 975,426 (6.5)

Our favorite president runs for reelection.
Vote for peace, prosperity, civil rights and basic income for the poor.
VOTE NIXON IN 1964.
rhwmja784qp91.png

Vince

Monthly Donor
Our favorite president runs for reelection.
Vote for peace, prosperity, civil rights and basic income for the poor.
VOTE NIXON IN 1964.
rhwmja784qp91.png
Nixon Now!

Nixon2.png

Nixon1.png

Ran on Civil Rights. Hard to believe but Nixon in this ATL could be the catalyst to making a liberal Republican Party and a Conservative "Solid South" Democratic one.

I played Wendel Wilkie awhile back and won (I am not sure how and I am afraid to repeat that result)
I'm trying to beat Nixon with McGovern but have failed miserably. Any suggestions

I played Wendel Wilkie awhile back and won (I am not sure how and I am afraid to repeat that result)
I'm trying to beat Nixon with McGovern but have failed miserably. Any suggestions
You can't on normal. Pick the woman who doesn't lead to a giant convention fight as running mate, do Easy, and tactically moderate on the most hot button issues.

It's gonna be hard bc Nixon has a strong economy and a big ceasefire on his side but it's doable if Watergate goes your way.

Vince

Monthly Donor

Moderate, emphasize unity with the party and I tend to go with either Chisholm or Farenthold as VP. You can't win the election on normal. The "winning" outcome as far as I can see is if you do well enough to get the text at the end that says people are amazed by how little you lost by. You need to win some big states like NY and CA to get this. Best case is I've gotten around 240 EVs.

Here are some of the outcomes of the multiple-choice questions (in order):

AFL - 3592
Staley 3645
Randy's Death (Farenthold) - 692
Walter Kronkite 3653
Debate 3529
Watergate (last question) - 1733
Chrisholm - 281

The alternate 1916 election is really brutal as Bryan and seems to totally rely on whether you get shot or not. Not a huge fan. There's just too big of a swing that you can't realistically recover from right at the end of the campaign.

The alternate 1916 election is really brutal as Bryan and seems to totally rely on whether you get shot or not. Not a huge fan. There's just too big of a swing that you can't realistically recover from right at the end of the campaign.
Then just ignore the RNG-answers an just scale back your campaign. The damage of this is rather limited and you still can get a landslide.

Then just ignore the RNG-answers an just scale back your campaign. The damage of this is rather limited and you still can get a landslide.
Ah cool, I'll give it another shot then.

It's interesting how clearly some of the mods have more effort than the others. I was pretty unimpressed with the 1880 mod for instance which came off more like the creator had very basic understanding of the era.

Meanwhile, the 1936 one is really fun. What's the best strategy for that one? It seems even with Hiram Johnson and EPIC's endorsement, it's really hard to break anywhere outside of the west.