The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

So I just noticed the 1932 Roosevelt/Biden election scenario.
You get massively dinged when your VP selection comes up as people question you nominating a VP that hasn't been born yet
Thankfully you make back and then some with some nice merchandising later on.
Franklin "Drip" Roosevelt

I really like that these mods have introduced ATL scenarios, like Rockefeller 1964, Reagan 1976, four-way 2016, Wallace 1972, and Hillary vs Rudy 2008. The next one I want to try is Goldwater vs Wallace vs McCarthy 1964.

Really hope we see more of these. I wouldn’t mind seeing Bernie 2020, as well as a 1912 scenario (either as OTL, or one where TR got the Republican nomination).

I really like that these mods have introduced ATL scenarios, like Rockefeller 1964, Reagan 1976, four-way 2016, Wallace 1972, and Hillary vs Rudy 2008. The next one I want to try is Goldwater vs Wallace vs McCarthy 1964.

Really hope we see more of these. I wouldn’t mind seeing Bernie 2020, as well as a 1912 scenario (either as OTL, or one where TR got the Republican nomination).
A 1912 mod is already being worked on but is not yet available in the mod loader, and as of right now only Wilson and Roosevelt are playable.

My first game as McCarthy in 1964….denied Goldwater majority and election goes to House with a TBD/Wallace’s VP pick administration
737E43BC-1F52-44AD-8B2A-B820FC7305AD.jpeg
887CE8DA-36FD-40D5-BD24-EB20C90C75E7.jpeg

Man, I’d be curious to live in the world of the new ATL 1992 mod where incumbent President Dukakis runs for reelection against Pat Buchanan.

Winning as Dukakis is easy, but it’s pretty easy to win as Buchanan in my experience if you deemphasize the culture war and emphasize protectionism and immigration.

I tried the 1940 scenario as Willkie, and was disappointed to see FDR win by a 13% national popular vote margin, instead of the historical 10%.

But I was really disappointed that FDR carried Maine. Maine voted Republican in every election historically between 1856 and 1960 inclusive. And Landon carried Maine in 1936 despite losing in a landslide.

Looking at the wikipedia artlcle on the election, I see what the creator of the scenario did. Roosevelt's slightly expanded national popular vote margin meant flipping the close Willkie states, and Maine with a 2.5% Willkie margin was one of them, along with Michigan and Indiana. But Landon had carried Maine with an over 10% margin, so I now wonder what happened in Maine in the late 1930s. Nonetheless, I think Maine should be stickier given the state's electoral history.

Some news about The New Campaign Trail - it’s been updated so that mods can have a different ending based of your EV total (although it can be based on things other than Electoral Votes)

each mod would need to be updated by the modder to add the different endings, but still, interesting development.

New mods dropped. Bwah ha ha, they’ve got Democratic Trump 2008, like the TL with a similar premise in Pol Chat!

That Baker vs. Curtis 1932 one is an...interesting choice. Have never heard the scenario speculated before.