The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

So, I ended up doing a couple '44 and '16 games, I managed to get both a Polk win and a Hughes win on impossible

Since the answers don't show up, for comparison here's some old games on easy for 1844 and 1916, I used the same sort of strategy here on impossible that I used for those
Damn man, followed your advice and worked amazingly. Managed to win with both Hughes and Wilson; in the latter got very lucky too, now in Hall of Fame. Thank you!

I feel like it well be cool if thay add national polling or where you could click on a state to see witch county is red or like big city's if they are in your favour or not like that 1992 game

269/269 Tie in 2000 as Gore/Graham
I have no idea, I just played as a mainstream liberal tying myself to Clinton. It's still much too hard to win as Gore though imo.
Here's the map and the outcome:
ae5d3a4d49f5a3dc4b09b3642365b039.png
279971e9f2a104b20d35a491d69fc4d7.png

I heard they included screens about Wallace winning on 1968 but I didn't knew they planned cases of ties.
I think they have them for every election, and it isn't specifically just for ties. In addition to most (but not all) elections having the chance of a tie, there's also other elections where you can have a 1968 style thing, like 1960, 1948, 1896 if Bryan causes the southern Dems to split, and of course 1860. Plus while it doesn't seem to get much attention, there's also the "proportional" mode, where you can have third parties getting some votes despite not winning any states in elections like 1844, 1916, 2000 and both 2016s. Actually, looks like some of them do mention that, like 1844, where there was an odd number of electors, and thus the only way to get a lack of a majority would be due to a third party getting electoral votes

1988 flipped, Dukakis win on easy is basically the real world Bush win for Dukakis. 422 to 116 in the electoral college.

Who's the Southern candidate in this case?
As Caesar said, Palmer

Technically, he doesn't start off as an explicitly "southern" candidate (he wasn't even from the south, he was an Illinois senator), he's just a national third party candidate for Democrats who are opposed to the "free silver" that Bryan advocates for. Palmer usually gets 1% or less in most states, north and south. But if you go as Bryan and do pro-civil rights answers, the southern Democratic voters will defect in large amounts from Bryan's ticket to Palmer's, since Palmer was a more or less standard "Bourbon Democrat" and not the sort to rock the boat on racial issues

HHH on impossible. This was annoying as it would have almost certain gone to the House if only I hadn't gotten the least favourable debate outcome.

What about like aouther elections like 1992 and stuff
There's some discussion of that in the FAQ I linked. There's no set dates (the creator has been busy for a while, only recently getting back into making these and it can take a while to make a scenario) but 2004, a 1992 with potential alternate scenarios of Perot not dropping out, and 1980 with potential alternate scenarios of the hostages being released or something, are the three elections that the creator wants to give priority to after 2020. With potentially more coming at some point after that

Rosenheim

Donor

Humphrey 1968 on Normal, Humphrey - 459 [48.7], Nixon - 40 [39.1], Wallace - 39 [12.2]. Better than 99.6% of other players at my level of difficulty.

Honestly, however, 1968 is rather buggy. The only way it gets so high is that there's a bugged Nixon question in Humphrey's docket, where you can have Nixon run far to the right economically and hurt himself nationwide.

Last edited:
Trying to expand on my best Gore 2000 win on normal, which was this one. From that map, I figure Louisiana and West Virginia can be additionally won, maybe also Arizona though idk if all three could be done

Its a struggle to get WV, but I did manage to win it here, though while failing to take CO and NV from my previous best, so overall that's worse

Trying with LA, I actually managed to beat my best electoral college win by a single vote, managed to win LA, though failed to win CO