The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

View attachment 646660
Tried the 1796 scenario, basically played as the Whigs 40 years early, went anti-France, neutral on Hamilton, pro-Washington, anti-slave trade, pro-tariffs and internal improvements. Pulled off a clean sweep of the New English and Midatlantic States, including Maryland and Delaware, but lost the rest of the South.

A little buggy and still has some room to improve, but the scenario ain't bad.
How did you get 1796? The earliest one I could find on that version is 1844

There's an official mod in the github for the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election, of all things. I won 50-49 as Abrams by running a moderate campaign and sidestepping national issues.

There's an official mod in the github for the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election, of all things. I won 50-49 as Abrams by running a moderate campaign and sidestepping national issues.
Hey, I made that one. I wanted to try out the idea of having a mod for a statewide election that some people were throwing around

The mods loading is a great feature. I tried the 1980 scenario as Carter/ Mondale. Its heavily luck dependent, and I got good luck on the hostage rescue mission, but bad luck on the debates. Carter lost, but the nationwide popular vote margin was 8% instead of the IOTL 10%, so Carter carried several more states.

Even with the new mods, I'm always drawn back to the original campaigns when I want to kill some time. Here's a bizarro-2000, where I went all in on Florida as Gore (even picked Graham for VP) and won it along with the presidency, but lost the popular vote along with NM, IA and OR (with OR being the closest state overall). I only barely won Wisconsin too, I wonder how recounts in two razor thin states would have played out?
bizarro2k.png

Ran as Truman against Dewey, screwing up when I had Dewey suggesting turning over nuclear weapons to the United Nations.

Dewey won in the electoral college anyway. But Truman defeated Dewey in the nationwide popular vote by a 4% margin, larger than his historical margin. It was the worst popular vote/ electoral vote reversal that I have seen in the game yet. Mode was normal:

Just ran as Dukakis on the new "cakewalk" level.... Only lost 1 state Utah (by 6.35%). The pop vote was 57.5% to 41.7%. The closest state was the Dukakis win in Idaho (0.03%) 4,274 pop votes. Overall it was 533 electoral votes to 5 electoral votes
1627341607699.png

Won with Rockefeller against LBJ on normal, unfortunately this was some hours ago and I deleted the tab so i dont have any stats on the percentages and so on
election.png

Last edited:
the last one
Trump victory against Biden/Harris on normal. It seems to be the same as 2016 except Michigan voted Democratic
election 3.png

Last edited:

Vince

Monthly Donor
This is about the best I can do with Mondale. Much better than OTL. Move 1% more and I would've taken WV, TN, ME, AK and CA putting me at 259 votes.
Mondale.png