The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Behold: Rockefeller Republican Nixon and Accidental Dixiecrat Kennedy!
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.29.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.54.27 PM.png

Picked Rockefeller as VP and went socially progressive and moderate elsewhere.

Ran pretty moderate as Romney in 2012, with Tim Pawlenty as my running mate and by some miracle won New Hampshire, though I also tried very hard to get Maine...

Romney 2012.png

Tried running as Romney as a moderate with Pawlenty as VP also. I was surprised by the result as I was thinking that Romney would drive off Conservative voters if he had gone moderate. He didn't.

Is there any way in which to get a particular question? I've wanted to try my hand at winning as McKinley while essentially pissing in the South, but I haven't been able to trigger either of the relevant questions despite multiple playthroughs; is there a certain manner you have to answer other questions to get them to show?

Is there any way in which to get a particular question? I've wanted to try my hand at winning as McKinley while essentially pissing in the South, but I haven't been able to trigger either of the relevant questions despite multiple playthroughs; is there a certain manner you have to answer other questions to get them to show?
It is randomized. One thing that can make a difference is who you pick as VP in a handful of cases but it wouldn't have an effect on that election or that situation. Some questions seem to have a certainty of occuring while others are random, with possibly more or less chance of occuring, but I don't think you can do anything to increase or decrease the odds, just gotta keep playing and hope the RNG favors you eventually

It may be possible to somehow affect the questions you get via console commands. Which could also be neat for elections like the original 2016 that rely a lot on luck, to see the best and worst possible outcomes. But I have no idea if we can do console stuff to change or guarantee various questions occur

Hey guys I got a question what elections would you guys like to see other then 1992 or 2004 I think 2008 would be interesting maby like 1920 or 1932 or something

Anything before 1828 and between 1864 and 1876 would be interesting to see how the game system would handle it. The problem with before 1828 is that the system with two parties, holding conventions and nominating a candidate, really only started with 1828. Treating the Federalists as a political party is anachronistic. The problem with the Civil War and reconstruction elections is that the Republicans were prepared to cheat to keep the Democrats out in all of them, and only relented after 1876 when it became too obvious.

Among more normal elections, the three following 1876 were all really close and pretty much forgotten, and could be interesting. I think 1856, 1940, 1980, and 2004 could be interesting campaigns. Really bad ones would be 1852, 1908, 1920, 1924, 1932, 1952, 1956, 1964, and 1996.

I sure would add 1912, if only to see how would the Roosevelt/Taft conflict be dealt with.

As for 1824, another issue would be how to modelise nominations by state legislatures.

Anything before 1828 and between 1864 and 1876 would be interesting to see how the game system would handle it. The problem with before 1828 is that the system with two parties, holding conventions and nominating a candidate, really only started with 1828. Treating the Federalists as a political party is anachronistic. The problem with the Civil War and reconstruction elections is that the Republicans were prepared to cheat to keep the Democrats out in all of them, and only relented after 1876 when it became too obvious.

Among more normal elections, the three following 1876 were all really close and pretty much forgotten, and could be interesting. I think 1856, 1940, 1980, and 2004 could be interesting campaigns. Really bad ones would be 1852, 1908, 1920, 1924, 1932, 1952, 1956, 1964, and 1996 and 72

People have found out how to make elections in the game someone is working on 2020 some one is working on 1912 campaign trail is coming back baby