The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by DTanza, Jul 7, 2014.

1. AussieHawker New Found Daenerys Loyalist

Good advice. I just played a Humphrey/Ted Kennedy game on Hard and picked the

Question along with the Wallace campaign against Nixon. Also got the top debate performance and the last-minute surge from Nixon getting caught sabotaging the peace negotiations.

434 electoral votes, 48.1%. Nixon got only 59 which is barely more than Wallace's 45. Every single one of my visits ended up going to waste nearly. If I did a rerun with the same success with questions, I could maybe pick off Arkansas from Wallace and Iowa and Montana from Nixon. Of course, it hardly matters at such point.

The TL from this could be interesting. The Republicans getting whipped two times in a row, from two nominees that end up being trainwrecks. They might not gain any ground in the Senate at all depending on how the downballot races shakeout with coattails, or make very limited gains. Leaving Humprey with a veto-proof majority in the Senate (of course with conservative Democrats as an issue still). The Republican House gains were very small and either way don't really control the chamber, but maybe Democrats recover some of their midterm losses.

If Humphrey does actually get out of Vietnam, he could enshrine himself as one of the best Presidents by locking down and expanding the Great Society. And Republicans would be scared off by the chances of another nominee that screws everything up. Reagan might not go above California for example.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. Constan's Shah The Shah

I decided to run Nixon on anti New deal platform against Kennedy quite naturally expecting to lose. I was quite surprised to see this result https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1109259
    What do you think of this? What would happen if Nixon actually won on such a platform? Do you think this happened because of Kennedy's moderate platform and more left wing campaign by Humphrey could have won this campaign

Ohheckitsian and Leon Trotsky like this.
  3. Johannes Parisiensis Well-Known Member

I would like to konw if more dates are available for registered players.

4. Jay Roosevelt Quasi-Cardassian Totalitarian

These are the available elections:

Ohheckitsian likes this.
  5. Col. Angus Mem8er

To expand, all elections are now available. It used to be that registered players had extra elections, but then the guy who makes the games stopped working on the project, so he just made all the games playable and got rid of registration

6. Marky Bunny Well-Known Member

Won a squeaker as Dukakis on Normal....
    272 to 266 but lost the popular vote..
    https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1113892
    The election came down to Connecticut and it's eight electoral votes which he carried by just 1,270 votes (0.08%), he also carried Michigan by just 5,600 votes and Montana by 1,317 votes.

7. King of the Uzbeks Charles Curtis is my Baby Daddy

King Nazar, Seef and Ohheckitsian like this.
  8. King of the Uzbeks Charles Curtis is my Baby Daddy

9. dmg86 Well-Known Member

I was playing as Bryan and the election came down to Ohio which I won.