The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by DTanza, Jul 7, 2014.

1. captainchicken6034 Active Member

2. captainchicken6034 Active Member

3. Seef Active Member

"Like Father, Like Son" or "In Which Country Roads Take Us Home"

[​IMG]

Bush/Quayle: 271 EV (49.64%)
    Dukakis/Bentsen: 267 EV (49.25%)

Continuing the trend of 1988 maps, here's one where I narrowly lost as Dukakis (by the same margin Gore lost to Bush Jr) by somehow losing West Virginia while it was still a solid D state, by a margin of just over a thousand votes. I'm not sure how I managed to have that go wrong but it's fun to imagine an election cycle where Dukakis did better but somehow blew it at 4am once the ballots from remote coal mining hill towns were finally counted. Only way it really could have gone worse is if I'd won the popular vote.

Ohheckitsian likes this.
  4. captainchicken6034 Active Member

5. captainchicken6034 Active Member

Seriously, are you guys cool with the custom titles for each of my entries?

6. Col. Angus Mem8er

election 1916.png
    (D: 289, R: 242, map is with regular colors, not Atlas flipped colors)
    https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1068350

My first win as Wilson on impossible. Better than 99.5%, and apparently less than 2% of Wilson games on impossible were won, and I can see why, it took me quite a few tries to get this.

Wilson wins by a margin of just 0.7%, but slightly better in the Electoral College-he only got 277 OTL. Wilson does worse than OTL in the midwest, great plains, and west coast, but gets a win by taking New York and all of new england except Maine and Vermont. It makes for a weird looking map even for the times - Dems at the time would usually be stronger in the west coast and midwest than northeast

Johannes Parisiensis likes this.
  7. VidaLaVida American-Japanese Bisexual

8. King Nazar Rex Imperator

9. olavops Well-Known Member

How dare you invoke that song in a Bush/quayle scenario!?

10. VidaLaVida American-Japanese Bisexual

11. kodak Has much to learn

12. Neshomancer Mistborn Jedi

13. kodak Has much to learn

1. Check the source code.
    2. Lines 200 and 201 define which candidates go in which election. Copy these, and use inspect element.
    3. Paste the lines into the console and move around the candidates. They appear as numbers so you have to figure out which number corresponds to which candidate, and which number corresponds to which election. (Line 205 defines the election years.)
    4. This only seems to work for playable candidates. Modifying the minor candidates breaks the game. The candidate you play as cannot be deleted from the election either.

Johannes Parisiensis likes this.
  14. RepMR I've got one word for you son. Hyundai.

https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1088801

Romney/Rubio in an absolute squeaker - Obama won the popular vote by just over 930,000 votes but Romney was delivered over the line by a margin of just over 1,000 in Nevada; 9,000 in Virginia and 22,000 in Ohio.

Undoubtedly would've been recount city if it happened in real life and would've been outcry worse than 2000 I'd imagine.

wolfhound817 likes this.