The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by DTanza, Jul 7, 2014.

1. captainchicken6034 Well-Known Member

Seriously, are you guys cool with the custom titles for each of my entries?

2. Col. Angus Mem8er

election 1916.png
    (D: 289, R: 242, map is with regular colors, not Atlas flipped colors)
    https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1068350

My first win as Wilson on impossible. Better than 99.5%, and apparently less than 2% of Wilson games on impossible were won, and I can see why, it took me quite a few tries to get this.

Wilson wins by a margin of just 0.7%, but slightly better in the Electoral College-he only got 277 OTL. Wilson does worse than OTL in the midwest, great plains, and west coast, but gets a win by taking New York and all of new england except Maine and Vermont. It makes for a weird looking map even for the times - Dems at the time would usually be stronger in the west coast and midwest than northeast

3. VidaLaVida American-Japanese Bisexual

4. King Nazar Rex Imperator

5. olavops Well-Known Member

How dare you invoke that song in a Bush/quayle scenario!?

6. VidaLaVida American-Japanese Bisexual

7. kodak Has much to learn

8. Neshomancer Mistborn Jedi

9. kodak Has much to learn

1. Check the source code.
    2. Lines 200 and 201 define which candidates go in which election. Copy these, and use inspect element.
    3. Paste the lines into the console and move around the candidates. They appear as numbers so you have to figure out which number corresponds to which candidate, and which number corresponds to which election. (Line 205 defines the election years.)
    4. This only seems to work for playable candidates. Modifying the minor candidates breaks the game. The candidate you play as cannot be deleted from the election either.

Johannes Parisiensis likes this.
  10. RepMR I've got one word for you son. Hyundai.

https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1088801

Romney/Rubio in an absolute squeaker - Obama won the popular vote by just over 930,000 votes but Romney was delivered over the line by a margin of just over 1,000 in Nevada; 9,000 in Virginia and 22,000 in Ohio.

Undoubtedly would've been recount city if it happened in real life and would've been outcry worse than 2000 I'd imagine.

Ohheckitsian and wolfhound817 like this.
  11. VidaLaVida American-Japanese Bisexual

Ohheckitsian and wolfhound817 like this.
  12. VidaLaVida American-Japanese Bisexual

13. Marky Bunny Well-Known Member

14. RepMR I've got one word for you son. Hyundai.

Honestly going to put my foot through my fucking screen if I lose another 1916 campaign to Wilson - literally every path (progressive, moderate, conservative, anti-war, pro-war) fails

Ohheckitsian and Marky Bunny like this.
  15. AussieHawker New Found Daenerys Loyalist

I think a number of the scenarios are broken and getting worse. 1968 in particular frequently asks Wallace only questions to both the others. And sometimes some of the exclusive question to the other candidate.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  16. Col. Angus Mem8er

1968 has had those issues for a while, even before the creator stopped updating the game. It has also been a thing with the 1896 election, though it is less common. I am not actually sure if they make any difference though - apart from getting the Nixon question on civil rights as Humphrey, which gives noticeable benefit if you basically sabotage Nixon by essentially giving him the most anti-civil rights answer

17. AussieHawker New Found Daenerys Loyalist

Good advice. I just played a Humphrey/Ted Kennedy game on Hard and picked the

Question along with the Wallace campaign against Nixon. Also got the top debate performance and the last-minute surge from Nixon getting caught sabotaging the peace negotiations.

434 electoral votes, 48.1%. Nixon got only 59 which is barely more than Wallace's 45. Every single one of my visits ended up going to waste nearly. If I did a rerun with the same success with questions, I could maybe pick off Arkansas from Wallace and Iowa and Montana from Nixon. Of course, it hardly matters at such point.

The TL from this could be interesting. The Republicans getting whipped two times in a row, from two nominees that end up being trainwrecks. They might not gain any ground in the Senate at all depending on how the downballot races shakeout with coattails, or make very limited gains. Leaving Humprey with a veto-proof majority in the Senate (of course with conservative Democrats as an issue still). The Republican House gains were very small and either way don't really control the chamber, but maybe Democrats recover some of their midterm losses.

If Humphrey does actually get out of Vietnam, he could enshrine himself as one of the best Presidents by locking down and expanding the Great Society. And Republicans would be scared off by the chances of another nominee that screws everything up. Reagan might not go above California for example.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  18. Constan's Shah The Shah

I decided to run Nixon on anti New deal platform against Kennedy quite naturally expecting to lose. I was quite surprised to see this result https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1109259
    What do you think of this? What would happen if Nixon actually won on such a platform? Do you think this happened because of Kennedy's moderate platform and more left wing campaign by Humphrey could have won this campaign

Ohheckitsian and Leon Trotsky like this.
  19. Johannes Parisiensis Well-Known Member

I would like to konw if more dates are available for registered players.

20. Jay Roosevelt Quasi-Cardassian Totalitarian

These are the available elections:

Ohheckitsian likes this.