The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

I've played the "W" mod twice. Its one of the better mods, since it takes you all the way through the Ws first administration, but a little weird.

As a FYI, if you want to avoid the Iraq invasion, you can't get the authorization for the use of force and then back out. The only way to avoid invading Iraq is to pull the bill from Congress. Based on my two plays of the scenario, if you do this it does seem to give you a slightly better chance of winning a second turn.

As a FYI, if you want to avoid the Iraq invasion, you can't get the authorization for the use of force and then back out. The only way to avoid invading Iraq is to pull the bill from Congress. Based on my two plays of the scenario, if you do this it does seem to give you a slightly better chance of winning a second turn.
You can also avoid invading Iraq by having the invasion bill fail in the Congressional vote, which you can cause by having poor relations with Congress.

Does anyone know if there is a way to win the 1964 Draft Lodge scenario? I have tried playing with each of the three different running mates and end up doing well before the Johnson Campaign screws me over with the “Diem Ad”. Is there a way to avoid it or are you supposed to always lose?

Does anyone know if there is a way to win the 1964 Draft Lodge scenario? I have tried playing with each of the three different running mates and end up doing well before the Johnson Campaign screws me over with the “Diem Ad”. Is there a way to avoid it or are you supposed to always lose?
I don't think you can win unless you play on competitive difficulty.

Deadlocked the Electoral College as La Follette/Fraizer on Medium in the Harding Lives game, and it's giving me ideas for a TL where the Progressives evolve into a coherent force...
1711065116498.png

1711065613137.png

1711065889886.png

The game didn't answer that. Looking at the historic Congress, the Democrats held 23 House delegations, the Republicans held 22 House delegations, and there were three divided House delegations, so none of the candidates are going to win without compromises.
Although, in a universe where a REPUBLICAN just won Georgia in 1912, it's going to be an even bigger mess.... I'd err on the side of saying that it wouldn't go to Roosevelt though... even in his OTL results his party only picked up 8 congressional seats, and even with a larger vote share, its still hard to envision him picking up house delegations

Although, in a universe where a REPUBLICAN just won Georgia in 1912, it's going to be an even bigger mess.... I'd err on the side of saying that it wouldn't go to Roosevelt though... even in his OTL results his party only picked up 8 congressional seats, and even with a larger vote share, its still hard to envision him picking up house delegations
In the case of a House contingent election, until the passage of the 20th Amendment, it was always the old House that performed the election. So that's how we can use the historic data regardless of the chaos caused by the election.