The British Empire keeps New York city after American war of Independence

Jeez what is it with this site's fetish for keeping the capital in Philly? They weren't there consistently and left for a reason.

Anyhow, I wonder if our HK/Macau analog could be in the South if there were costal loyalists and a port or two that teh US could part with?

Jeez what is it with this site's fetish for keeping the capital in Philly? They weren't there consistently and left for a reason.
no fucking clue
Anyhow, I wonder if our HK/Macau analog could be in the South if there were costal loyalists and a port or two that teh US could part with?
I wonder if Charleston would be a good contender sence it was the only major port anyone would be remotely willing to give up in that region ( Savannah exists but it is pretty much Georgia at this time)

I will say Long Island is more likely to be kept than New York in general.

However, Long Island becomes the new"WE NEED TO TAKE THIS ASAP!!!!" region, perhaps even outpacing New Orleans, which will lead to all kinds of fun.

EDIT: If you want a good Hong Kong analogue, Savannah would be a good place. England actually did retake most of Georgia, the local Native American nations were extremely powerful (revolutionary war figure Elijah Clarke actually tried to march a group across the Oconee river to form a new nation because he was pissed Georgia was too nervous to try to fight some of the Native American nations and got CLAPPED) with one of the closest being Alexander McGillvary's Muscogee empire which was arguably the closest Eastern US Native Americans got to "pulling a Meiji." Have Britain take Savannah, ally with the Muscogee and Cherokee, and end up in charge of Florida, and you could have a recipe for a British mestizo deep south, though slavery will eventually become an important issue in these areas as it was OTL.

no fucking clue

Why build a new city for a capital when you got either Philly or NYC?

Philadelphia makes more sense then building an new capital. DC was only really built as an compromise for the North and South. Philadelphia meanwhile is alredy an major city alongside New York and Boston, and the site of the First and Second Continental Congresses, among other things.

Philadelphia makes more sense then building an new capital. DC was only really built as an compromise for the North and South. Philadelphia meanwhile is alredy an major city alongside New York and Boston, and the site of the First and Second Continental Congresses, among other things.
I understand that but even without new york america would still build a new capital for the same reasons it did otl.