The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

I hope we have a Beatles concert in Scotland soon enough, hell I almost forgot the infamous trip IOTL when Lennon crashed his car when taking his family to Scotland.

Wonder if we'll have something like that happening? ;)

Elvis cameos in their movie perhaps?

Depends on the nature of the film- maybe a ‘Beatles meets their rock and roll heroes’ format might see them meet the King?

I just realized something that could cause a snag for the Beatles: an impromptu run in with Pete Best

Or they do an early version of the Anthology with new pressings of old recordings including Pete and allow him to make some money. Pete did sing when he was with the Beatles. It would also be cool if Lennon-McCartney wrote him a real hit and he was a one hit wonder, Paul producing it and Beatles friends like Clapton and Hopkins and Voorman helping out.

"Mind Games Forever" by Pete Best

Pete Best: Lead vocals, drums
John Lennon: Rhythm guitar, back up vocals
Paul McCartney: Back up vocals
George Harrison: Rhythm guitar, slide guitar, back up vocals
Ringo Starr: Percussion, tambourine
Eric Clapton: Lead guitar
Klaus Voorman: Bass
Nicky Hopkins: Piano, Mellontron
Billy Preston: Clavichord

I just realized something that could cause a snag for the Beatles: an impromptu run in with Pete Best
Or they do an early version of the Anthology with new pressings of old recordings including Pete and allow him to make some money. Pete did sing when he was with the Beatles. It would also be cool if Lennon-McCartney wrote him a real hit and he was a one hit wonder, Paul producing it and Beatles friends like Clapton and Hopkins and Voorman helping out.

Excellent ideas! Since "Mind Games" will be on The Beatles' next album, called Mind Games Forever, it may be time for the first true ITTL song.

If the movie is a documentary about the Beatles heroes and their own past then catching up the Pete Best is a good one.

Is it too late to save the original Cavern Club?

December 1972
This month, the sessions are winding down for the next Beatles album.

December 3, 1972 - During a recording session, the group comes to a compromise on what their next movie will entail. They decide on a mostly serious treatment with some of the humor Paul wants. Paul then asks Apple's film division to track down a screenwriter and a director.

December 8, 1972 - With the sessions coming to an end, Apple Records announces that The Beatles' next album release will be called Mind Games Forever and will be released in the late spring of 1973. They also announce the tentative plans for a new Beatles movie.

December 14, 1972 - Paul meets John at Tittenhurst Park to write songs for the movie, the title of which has not been decided yet. They will do this a few more times over the next month.

December 17, 1972 - George and Pattie Harrison announce that they are expecting their second child, due in June 1973.

December 25, 1972 - The Beatles do an hour-long Christmas special on the BBC. "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" is performed by George, and John once again performs "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)".

A future add to the timeline March 1973. Apple records announcing they have just signed the first Aussie band to the label, Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, who the Beatles met on their Australian leg of the 1972 World Tour.

BTW I thought I should mention what with all the talk about Elvis lately that the King didn't like the Beatles IOTL. He blamed them for the corruption of America's youth and drug problems. :rolleyes:

ACDC! that's who they are. I honestly was thinking of the Beatles meeting up with the Brothers Gibb myself

Well, they had already relocated to London long before where we are in TTL.

It would be neat if they met the up and coming Split Enz, they were Australian located from '74 to '76, building their fan base.