The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

<> Note: Anyone interested in me making an actual list?

<>
My fantasy Beatles playlist, quite a few of these songs were mentioned by the Beatles post breakup as being among their favorites and some they even played in their solo years in concert and some of these songs are songs I would've loved to have heard them play live and of course they're all among my favorites.

I also like the idea of Badfinger and Queen opening for the Beatles, Queen would go on first and then Badfinger the members of both bands could play and sing backup for the Beatles during their set and when the Beatles are touring the US, maybe they could recruit the marching bands of local universities to play the orchestral sections of some Beatles songs?

My suggestions:

1. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band/ With a Little Help from my Friends.
2. Come Together.
3. Something.
4. Maybe I'm amazed.
5. Everybody's got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey.
6. While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
7. Let It Be
8. It Don't Come Easy.
9. I Want to Hold Your Hand.
10. She Loves You.
11. Help!
12. Boys.
13. Yesterday.
14. Imagine.
15. All Things Must Pass.
16. Strawberry Fields Forever.
17. Black Bird.
18. Across the Universe.
19. Here Comes the Sun.
20. Hey Jude.

Encore:
21. Get Back.
22. Revolution.
23. Cold Turkey.
24. I'm the Greatest.
25. Golden Slumbers/The End

Second encore:
26. Happiness is a Warm Gun.
27. Helter Skelter.

So that's my fantasy playlist, I'd like to see the fantasy playlist of other readers of this TL.

Last edited:
How much you wanna bet something goes wrong during this tour?
I hadn't thought about that but it is possible. I hope nothing like the disaster that happened in Cincinnati during the infamous "Who" concert happens, I believe stadium sitting is the norm across the US at this time in the TL and something like what happened at the Who's could easily happen at a Beatles concert.

I hope not though, that would be such a bummer.

I hadn't thought about that but it is possible. I hope nothing like the disaster that happened in Cincinnati during the infamous "Who" concert happens, I believe stadium sitting is the norm across the US at this time in the TL and something like what happened at the Who's could easily happen at a Beatles concert.

I hope not though, that would be such a bummer.
I was thinking something more minor, more embarassing than deadly lol

How much you wanna bet something goes wrong during this tour?

With The Beatles having been away from live shows since 1966, there's a steep learning curve to climb.. good stuff like having decent onstage monitors & better organisation (green rooms, riders, a more leisurely schedule) will be balanced by challenging stuff (audiences expect more than a 30-minute jaunt through some basic rock'n'roll).. so the first few nights could see some flubs from sheer nerves.

I can see someone forgetting words or chords in a song, maybe the song breaking down.. and then Paul stepping up and saying "Err we didn't quite get that one.. how about an old song instead?" Then leading them into an impromptu "I Saw Her Standing There" to restore confidence mid-show...

They don't have the experience that bands like the Rolling Stones or The Who had - bands that evolved their live show between 1966 & 1971.. so there's a lot to learn.

IMO The Beatles and their inner circle (Brian, Neil, Mal etc) are gonna need some advice from their friends in other bands about how to do this, hopefully learning from other people's successes & failures.

With The Beatles having been away from live shows since 1966, there's a steep learning curve to climb.. good stuff like having decent onstage monitors & better organisation (green rooms, riders, a more leisurely schedule) will be balanced by challenging stuff (audiences expect more than a 30-minute jaunt through some basic rock'n'roll).. so the first few nights could see some flubs from sheer nerves.

I can see someone forgetting words or chords in a song, maybe the song breaking down.. and then Paul stepping up and saying "Err we didn't quite get that one.. how about an old song instead?" Then leading them into an impromptu "I Saw Her Standing There" to restore confidence mid-show...

They don't have the experience that bands like the Rolling Stones or The Who had - bands that evolved their live show between 1966 & 1971.. so there's a lot to learn.

IMO The Beatles and their inner circle (Brian, Neil, Mal etc) are gonna need some advice from their friends in other bands about how to do this, hopefully learning from other people's successes & failures.
I can imagine that the experiences of the tour, the good and the bad, could inspire the Beatles in a new way. Imagine it, an album, a concept album, about a band on tour. Band On The Run!

Hopefully the Beatles will hire a good and experienced stage crew to tour with them. I would ask The Who for recommendations and tips.

I can imagine that the experiences of the tour, the good and the bad, could inspire the Beatles in a new way. Imagine it, an album, a concept album, about a band on tour. Band On The Run!
I read once that it was George who told Paul "We got to get out of here, if its the last thing we ever do" and it was this that inspired the song "Band on the Run". I think George told him this during their last tour in 66.

I read once that it was George who told Paul "We got to get out of, if its the last thing we ever do" and it was this that inspired the song "Band on the Run". I think George told him this during their last tour in 66.
I can imagine that Band on the Run would be a semi-autobiographical concept album, with a band on tour being the main narrative throughline. I'd imagine they'd use the songs as representations of what the band is going through. For example, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) could represent the band trying to get political or promote a bigger message, which the public wouldn't take too kindly to, with the public asking the band "How Do You Sleep?" (See, with the band on good terms with each other ITTL, that's what the song would be about here.) The album would end, I believe, with the slow You and Me (Babe), to thank the audience and all of the people who made the tour possible, with the end being the Beatles thanking everyone who helped with the record and saying thank you to the listener. Is this too farfetched an idea?

I agree with Band on the Run TTL being a live (or part-live) album. Lots of potential there.

Probably pre-empt Genesis' Three Sides Live thing.

Don't get me wrong. I love Band on the Run, both the song and the album. It was a genius break through for solo Paul.

But....

A real Beatles late 1973 album must be named "Mind Games Forever."

MInd Games Forever.jpg

Plus I already made the cover!​

I can imagine that Band on the Run would be a semi-autobiographical concept album, with a band on tour being the main narrative throughline. I'd imagine they'd use the songs as representations of what the band is going through. For example, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) could represent the band trying to get political or promote a bigger message, which the public wouldn't take too kindly to, with the public asking the band "How Do You Sleep?" (See, with the band on good terms with each other ITTL, that's what the song would be about here.) The album would end, I believe, with the slow You and Me (Babe), to thank the audience and all of the people who made the tour possible, with the end being the Beatles thanking everyone who helped with the record and saying thank you to the listener. Is this too farfetched an idea?
And now that I think about it, 1973 would be the 10th anniversary of Please Please Me, their first major label album ITTL, so ending with a song thanking everyone would be even more poignant.

All Things Must Pass Tour European Dates
Wow, lots of great ideas guys! Guess it's settled then, the next album will be Mind Games Forever.

Nice idea, but how do I depict that in writing?

Anyway, here are the dates for the European leg of the All Things Must Pass Tour:

UK:
April 18 - Wembley Stadium, London
April 22 - The Dell, Southampton
April 25 - Ashton Gate, Bristol
April 27 - Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester
April 29 - St. Andrew's Stadium, Birmingham
May 1 - Anfield Stadium, Liverpool
May 4 - Filbert Street, Leicester

West Germany:
May 8 - Volksparkstadion, Hamburg
May 11 - Weser-Stadion, Bremen
May 13 - Mungersdorfer Stadion, Cologne