I mean I remember hearing that there was at least an idea floated around for Bush 41 to buy Siberia to help solve Russia's mid-nineties money troubles so...
Well, even though it's a Lovecraftian ATL, I don't think we need to get that weird. In the meantime, rest assured there will be some changes to the TL. At the very least, let's see if we can beat "Cthulhupunk" (SJGURPS) in terms of realism...

Here are some PODs to flag that Greenland will have a major effect on U.S. history:

January 27, 1947: President Harry S. Truman announces the $100 billion purchase of Greenland from Denmark; Republicans call the effort "Truman"s Ice Box",...

June 15, 1950: Admiral Robert A. Heinlein is appointed head of the "Sirius Patrol", naval patrol/ defense of Greenland, sparking international attention,...

August 4, 1951: Inuit villagers protest U.S. Air Force Base at Pituffik, Greenland, sparking international attention and concern regarding civil rights,...

November 3, 1953: Eisenhower Administration orders the relocation of Inuit Native Americans at Thule AFB , sparking outrage amongst Native American groups and leaders,...

June 8, 1964: Camp Century, Greenland is christened by U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara as a means to hold off Soviet presence in the Western Hemisphere,...

January 21, 1968: North Star Bay Disaster; B-52 bomber crashes with 4 nuclear weapons outside of Thile AFB, considered one of the biggest scandals for the Johnson Administration,...

February 23, 1982: Statehood referendum for Greenland fails, as leaders clash over the issue of federal representation, and Native American policies, sparking international attention,...

November 3, 1995: U.S. Secretary of Defense William Perry discloses that U.S. military has been storing nuclear waste and weapons in Greenland, fueling anti-nuclear protests throughout the country,...

January 29, 1996: U.S. President Bill Clinton formally apologizes for the North Star Bay Disaster during a ceremony at Thule AFB, sparking international attention,...

August 4, 2000: U.S. Census Bureau announces that Greenland's population is 90% Inuit, surpassing every state with number of Native Americans, sparking international attention,...