The Atari Panther was released?

So one of my major vices of late, is watching reviews of old video game consoles, one of which my favorites, is videos about the Atari Jaguar, the first (arguably) 64 bit system, and the last console released by Atari. In all the videos, they make mention of the Atari Panther, a planned 32 bit console planned to be released in 1991, which would have put the console in the same timeframe as the hand held Atari Lynx.

So my question is, if the Atari Panther was released, how would it have done? The plan was to eventually release the Atari Jaguar down the line, and would have been helped by a successful Atari Panther.

Yeah the Panther would easily exceed the SNES and Genesis in capability when released in ‘91 or ‘92 but Atari didn’t have the cash to launch it any better than Jaguar IOTL and certainly didn’t have the software connections to gather a library much better than OTL. Plus Flare were the people behind all the tech and they thought the Panther should be dumped.

So marginally better sales than OTL but all the money spent finishes off the in name only Atari company (under garbage management) when it isn’t a huge hit before their planned Jaguar graphics and CD-ROM expansion/standalone in ‘94 even launches…

So one of my major vices of late, is watching reviews of old video game consoles, one of which my favorites, is videos about the Atari Jaguar, the first (arguably) 64 bit system, and the last console released by Atari. In all the videos, they make mention of the Atari Panther, a planned 32 bit console planned to be released in 1991, which would have put the console in the same timeframe as the hand held Atari Lynx.

So my question is, if the Atari Panther was released, how would it have done? The plan was to eventually release the Atari Jaguar down the line, and would have been helped by a successful Atari Panther.
Yeah the Panther would easily exceed the SNES and Genesis in capability when released in ‘91 or ‘92 but Atari didn’t have the cash to launch it any better than Jaguar IOTL and certainly didn’t have the software connections to gather a library better much better than OTL. Plus Flare were the people behind all the tech and they thought the Panther should be dumped.

So marginally better sales than OTL but all the money spent finishes off the in name only Atari company (under garbage management) when it isn’t a huge hit before their planned Jaguar graphics and CD-ROM expansion/standalone in ‘94 even launches…
After seeing the Jaguar...i doubt the panther would even deliver the promise, would lag over the more stablished nintendo and sega and just be completely sidelined when sony enter the market.

Atari died in 1985, the rest was a zombie just die in 1994