The Assasination of Bill Clinton

HueyLong

Banned
Right-wing survivalist types aren't quite the most logical of folks, and if they could bomb a city, why not shoot a Prez?

Release a manifesto over affirmative action, race warfare, race traitors, etc..... Its not like it will help any of them, but a lone-wolf could easily do it.

I remember reading about an attempt on the first family's life in some third world nation. It came really close to happining. Let's just have that plot succeed. What then dead. (Hillary would dead as well along with Chelsea)

Well, obviously Al Gore would become president and the right wing would not have as much to scream about (no "Monicagate"). Quite possibly, Al Gore could've won the 2000 presidential election.

He was considerably hated on the right though. Also remember that popularity does not mean a President cannot be assassinated. After all Jackson was popular and someone tried to off him

Actually....

He was far to likable to be assassinated.

On September 12, 1994, at 1:49 a.m., a Cessna 150L airplane crashed onto the South Lawn of the White House, killing the pilot, Frank Eugene Corder, but injuring no one else. The plane came to a halt against the south wall of the Executive Mansion, causing minimal damage. President Clinton and his family were not in residence at the time; hence, they were never in any danger.

On October 29, 1994, Francisco Martin Duran, positioned himself in front of the White House grounds and fired twenty-nine rounds from a semiautomatic assault rifle into the North Facade of the White House, endangering the lives of Secret Service Uniformed Division officers, White House visitors, and members of the press. Immediately, three nearby citizens subdued Duran, and Secret Service Uniformed Division officers took him into custody.

Assuming that she survives and is not grossly incapacitated when her husband was murdered I think that it is very likely that Gore would nominate Hilary as VP, and I think though the Republcan Congress would be pissed they would not dare reject her.

I remember reading about an attempt on the first family's life in some third world nation. It came really close to happining. Let's just have that plot succeed. What then dead. (Hillary would dead as well along with Chelsea)
This is my idea for how it could have happened so Hillary would not be the VP

Assuming that she survives and is not grossly incapacitated when her husband was murdered I think that it is very likely that Gore would nominate Hilary as VP, and I think though the Republcan Congress would be pissed they would not dare reject her.

She never would of gotten the Spot . There were two many jokes about her.

If Hilary and Chelsea also died I suspect that the emotional reaction would have been even stronger than the murder of John Kennedy.

Clinton was actually a centerist, with quite conservative tendencies but his martyrdom and name would succesfully be claimed by progressives.

Well, I agree that Gore might have won the 2000 elections with no Levinsky Affair hurting the democrat's reputation, but it's not a necessary thing.

I think that the martydom effect would pretty much insure a Gore victory in this timeline. So unless he does somthing stupid in this timeline he wins in 2000

Much would depend on who did the deed. The cliche of course is that some right wing nut takes Clinton out. But just as reasonable is a scenario in which someone farther to the left than Clinton, maybe mad about triagulation, becomes this generation's Oswald. Either way, Clinton is a sainted martyr for a generation at least and Gore gets elected in 2000, with all the horrific consequences that implies for the post 9/11 world.

A wild card, though, would be a jealous husband or even an estranged girl friend. Not outside the range of possibility knowing Clinton. We've not had a non political killing of a President before. There layeth uncharted waters.

A wild card, though, would be a jealous husband or even an estranged girl friend. Not outside the range of possibility knowing Clinton. We've not had a non political killing of a President before. There layeth uncharted waters.
Well, Garfield's was not politically motivated, kinda. Sure, the guy wanted a job from Garfield, but he was just plain nuts.

Just a thought if Bill Clinton becomes a JFK analog Does Hillary follow the same fate as RFK in OTL (I mean becoming more empathic and less tough not the getting shot part)

I guess Clinton would have been seen as victim in conspiracy theory rather than some very evil guy