The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how common was (a bastardized revival of) Germanic paganism in the Reich? Was the regime planning to do away with the trappings of Christianity (if the Hot War hadn't "intervened" in their plans) and impose said revival on the German people (of course, due to the indoctrination the regime has imposed on the masses, such an imposition of a revived Germanic paganism might probably have encountered relatively little resistance outside of the more devoutly Christian areas of the Reich)?

So, how common was (a bastardized revival of) Germanic paganism in the Reich? Was the regime planning to do away with the trappings of Christianity (if the Hot War hadn't "intervened" in their plans) and impose said revival on the German people (of course, due to the indoctrination the regime has imposed on the masses, such an imposition of a revived Germanic paganism might probably have encountered relatively little resistance outside of the more devoutly Christian areas of the Reich)?

From what I read, Hitler thought Himmlers activities were rather stupid.

What was Switzerland's reaction to the horrors going on around them?
iVBUSNz.jpg

I'm not sure that Switzerland was overall "anti-Nazi", it was more of a "leave us alone" sort of thing. They had extensive plans to resist any German invasion, and would have blown the rail tunnels through the Alps, retreat to the mountains and fight to the bitter end. The Germans did have a plan, Operation Tannenbaum, but never really had any serious thought of implementing it. Obviously ITTL German influence in Switzerland was be pretty heavy, I expect the Swiss would sooner or later give up any Jews and other refugees the Nazis wanted. Having Siwtzerland neutral is to Germany's advantage - a meeting place with adversaries, and given the pervasive corruption an excellent place for stashing ill-gotten gains in complete security and privacy.

I'm not sure that Switzerland was overall "anti-Nazi", it was more of a "leave us alone" sort of thing. They had extensive plans to resist any German invasion, and would have blown the rail tunnels through the Alps, retreat to the mountains and fight to the bitter end. The Germans did have a plan, Operation Tannenbaum, but never really had any serious thought of implementing it. Obviously ITTL German influence in Switzerland was be pretty heavy, I expect the Swiss would sooner or later give up any Jews and other refugees the Nazis wanted. Having Siwtzerland neutral is to Germany's advantage - a meeting place with adversaries, and given the pervasive corruption an excellent place for stashing ill-gotten gains in complete security and privacy.

Yeah, but the Nazis could be like, "we can march it and take their gold!"

Status
Not open for further replies.