The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

If memory serves me correct, Japan actually lasted to 1946, November sticks in my mind for some reason. They were basically starved out and it wasn't pretty. Calbear made some statements that basically said that Japanese society/civilization collapsed by the end. The Allied Occupation forces had a very high level of PTSD from dealing with the conditions on the ground in Japan after the surrender.
Yeah broadly the Allies still all but wiped out Japanese industry (as OTL) with the fire bombings and since they didn't want the Nazi's knowing about nukes and couldn't afford the probably casualties from Downfall with Europe still festering...simply waited...

Which also meant parts of the Japanese army fought on even longer in China for a real mess.

@CalBear, I'm morbidly curious, how did the deaths of 100~ million Slavs effect global temperatures? I recall the absolutely horrid fact that the depopulation of the Americas after Columbus landed and Genghis Khan also lowered C02 emissions due to having killed so many people caused in part to the little ice age.

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Global Warming is less of an issue ATL, but that is, in large part, due to the extensive use of nuclear power and wholesale adoption of renewable energy (not because of any real desire to "save the environment" but because Oil was seen as a strategic asset early on, and with the built out electric infrastructure, electric is notably less expensive across the A4, and India, with rapid buildup in recovering Europe and the "emerging economies".

One result of this is that actual fuel prices are quite reasonable for those who still use heating oil or IC engines, with ALT 2010 prices close to the early 1970s (depending on local taxes).

There is always the danger of climate change since the poorest countries, especially China, are still using coal like it is in infinite supply, 1/3 of the planet's population addicted to fossil fuels is better than 95%.

Correct, which is also why (re:CalBear) there needs to be some context on which leaders won out the Chinese Civil War for this to realistically take place.
Due to the butterflies, it's neither Mao or Chiang. The Cabal are made of out of people (or perhaps rogue KMT) that were footnotes in OTL history.

New to this TL; what's the "ongoing mystery" described in the title?
Calbear made a comment back when this particular thread started of something along the lines of it was a mystery that what started out as a quick discussion of Nazi Germany's post war plans in Eastern Europe had grown into a thread that has lasted as long as it has.

That said. Christmas is coming quickly and Paperback versions of the AANW story is available on Amazon. I've already ordered a copy to give as a Christmas gift to my best friend. I believe it will serve as a great gift to get your history friends interested in Alternate history if they aren't already.

Calbear made a comment back when this particular thread started of something along the lines of it was a mystery that what started out as a quick discussion of Nazi Germany's post war plans in Eastern Europe had grown into a thread that has lasted as long as it has.

That said. Christmas is coming quickly and Paperback versions of the AANW story is available on Amazon. I've already ordered a copy to give as a Christmas gift to my best friend. I believe it will serve as a great gift to get your history friends interested in Alternate history if they aren't already.
The dead tree copy is quite good, although you can tell it wasn't edited by a professional (a number of typos and "the combat debut of the soon to be legendary" is reusued at least five times).

Hey Calbear! Question for you. It might have been answered already; and I just haven't found the post number in either this thread or the original thread. If that's the case I apologize in advance.

FDR was president of the United States and in his third term when the POD occured. Truman I believe was his successor. Who else became president ITTL.

Hey Calbear! Question for you. It might have been answered already; and I just haven't found the post number in either this thread or the original thread. If that's the case I apologize in advance.

FDR was president of the United States and in his third term when the POD occured. Truman I believe was his successor. Who else became president ITTL.

During Hot War Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. was president and he was succeeded by Barry Goldwater in 1965.

During Hot War Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. was president and he was succeeded by Barry Goldwater in 1965.
By the 1970s onwards, it becomes unrecognizable. Someone even mentioned as of 2011 in the original AANW thread that the U.S. President by then would be a fictional Baby Boomer, Silent Generation, or even a young Gen Xer as a result of the butterflies.

I have been reading the whole thing over and over and over and over again. It somewhat makes me think of China in terrible condition. The state of Europe is like OTL South America: Brazil and Argentina, an economic powerhouse. I tried to think of someone could make a mod for COD and it's would be longer and longer.

By the 1970s onwards, it becomes unrecognizable. Someone even mentioned as of 2011 in the original AANW thread that the U.S. President by then would be a fictional Baby Boomer, Silent Generation, or even a young Gen Xer as a result of the butterflies.
Although the extended WWII would of course mean that TTL's Baby Boomers would be a similar birth year range to OTL's Generation X.

Although the extended WWII would of course mean that TTL's Baby Boomers would be a similar birth year range to OTL's Generation X.
I wonder what the generation names would be the for the parallel equivalent of the Baby Boomers be like, considering WWII only paused before continuing into the Warm War. There's so post-war Baby Boom of OTL here.

Oh, thats interesting, I thought that being a dictatorship was crossing the line, not to mention the whole "racist super plague" thing.
The Cabal hasn't succeeded in making the "racist super plague" and those outside China can't prove they are making it. If someone managed to smuggle proof that they had created such a disease, the rods would land. Unfortunately to be sure they took care of it, they'd probably have to kill a larger percentage of the world population than the Nazis did...

The A4 doesn't really know what the Cabal is up to. If the A4 received proof as naraht indicated, well A4 isn't afraid to act when they feel the circumstances require it.

Last edited: