The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Watching a Beethoven concert and I was wondering, what happened to Germany's pre Nazi cultural contributions ITTL? OTL obviously Beethoven, Mozart, Bach etc remain hugely popular (with only Wagner tarred as much by his descendants actions as his own) but would they be seen as to "German" to preform ITTL?

Also what happened to Weimar cinema? OTL most films survived the war (and as they're in Argentina and New Zealand the two mostly complete copies of Metropolis should be safe here) to be rediscovered. Does this world even remember that Germany once had the world's most innovative Cinema before Hitler crushed it?
That's a tragedy in OTL as it is. Germany has given so much to the world... and it's mostly been subsumed in public conscience by an angry foreigner with a bad mustache.

Of course... having given so much to the world didn't help Germany prevent his subsuming it...

Also what happened to Weimar cinema? OTL most films survived the war (and as they're in Argentina and New Zealand the two mostly complete copies of Metropolis should be safe here) to be rediscovered. Does this world even remember that Germany once had the world's most innovative Cinema before Hitler crushed it?
I think it survived ittl as well.. And I see some Movie directors from german statelets Winning Film festival in Mumbai or Delhi(india would taking the place of europe as center of art films) but nothing more.

I think it survived ittl as well.. And I see some Movie directors from german statelets Winning Film festival in Mumbai or Delhi(india would taking the place of europe as center of art films) but nothing more.

I bit doubt that post-war German movie industry has any success outside of former Germany. People, speciality in EUrope and North America, would are mass boycotting of all German movies. But in India there might be some success but I am not sure vent hat. How popular European/American mvoies are in OTL India?

And Frenhc movie industry is almost non-existence. Italian mvoie industry anyway might be in quiet good condition and many Italian movie makers might are quiet succesful on abroad.

Plenty actors and realisators fled Germany after 1933. What's sure is that Leni Riefenstahl might get even less accepted TTL.
what would happen to Macedonia.
Maybe Bulgaria might keep it.

She managed to reinvent herself over her very long life OTL, though. Depends on how her career with the Reich went in TTL.

Do we know what happened to her in this one?

Only way how Riefensstahl could show herself even on some good light is that shee flees to Britain or USA before or soon after beginning of Hot War and express clearly that she has turned as anti-nazism and regrets moives what she has made. If she anyway remain loyal to nazi regime and survives from the war, her career is ended and she can't rise again.

Only way how Riefensstahl could show herself even on some good light is that shee flees to Britain or USA before or soon after beginning of Hot War and express clearly that she has turned as anti-nazism and regrets moives what she has made. If she anyway remain loyal to nazi regime and survives from the war, her career is ended and she can't rise again.
IOTL one of the attendees of the Wannsee Conference was a respected researcher who went to America on a research trip (though he was banned from the US a few years before he died).

You'd be surprised how people can reinvent and get around things.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
AIUI India was industrialized during the longer war to serve as a second "Arsenal of Democracy".

Not sure exactly how Partition was avoided -- I remember reading something that self-determination provisos were only applied to territories that had suffered Axis occupation, but not sure exactly why the Allies made that decision...
The entire process of independence was vastly changed by the War. In addition to the establishment of real industrial capability and the beginning of wealth that came with it, the mover from colony to independent state was undertaken in a much more organized and carefully orchestrated manner. The increased wealth was accompanied by two really critical elements, greatly lowered unemployment and increased education of the population (which, in turn, led to improvements in industrial production, which led to more wealth which led to less unemployment in an on-going cycle.

The biggest difference was the recognized impact of what became a fully independent Indian Army, one that was entirely integrated and became a huge source of pride and a unifying influence across religious and caste lines, It is far from unique that the pressure cooker of war created a true "pan-Indian" identity while fighting an enemy that demonstrated just where unbridled bigotry led. (the same thing occurred with the U.S.)

India, however, remains somewhat fragile. The old religious and caste animosities still exist and there are plenty of unscrupulous wanna-be leaders who try to use them as a path to power. India will hang together as long as it remains a leading "1st World" economy. If that changes, and there is always that danger, with a return of serious unemployment and poverty, even for just a few years, that all those submerged divides may become exploitable (it is really hard to get a revolution going when folks all have cable TV, plenty of food, and good jobs in a stable economy, knock a couple of those props out and the $#%@ can hit the fan if the wrong political comes along).

So far, India has had good fortune, and there is no reason that it shouldn't continue short of some kind of natural or man-made disaster.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
So how is Yugoslavia and Albania look postwar? I think communist parties in those two countries were never refounded. If not, which political parties are in their parliament?
There isn't a Yugoslavia. The country was always a post WW I construct of different religious and "ethnic" groups that never really became a single "nation" in the minds of the population (this is pretty well demonstrated by the post Tito-era dissolution of the country). Given "self-determination" votes the various national/religious/ethnic groups broke up into what is close to the end result IOTL. There was no civil war on the issue simply because no one was going to even consider opposing the A4 on the issue, not after the Hot War and the A4's fairly stark statements on international warfare.

The individual countries (Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, etc.) are far from wealthy, but in ATL Europe they are also not exactly the poorest of the poor either, althpugh there are noteworthy variations between the various countries, with some doing far better than others. (don't ask for a country by country breakdown, the politics of the Balkans is no more readily outlined ATL than IOTL and frankly writing up 20-30 pages on a region that I am far from even having a good working knowledge about is not really a prospect that has me turning handsprings). The War had, and continues to have, a fairly noteworthy leveling effect on the Continent

brooklyn99

Banned
There isn't a Yugoslavia. The country was always a post WW I construct of different religious and "ethnic" groups that never really became a single "nation" in the minds of the population (this is pretty well demonstrated by the post Tito-era dissolution of the country). Given "self-determination" votes the various national/religious/ethnic groups broke up into what is close to the end result IOTL. There was no civil war on the issue simply because no one was going to even consider opposing the A4 on the issue, not after the Hot War and the A4's fairly stark statements on international warfare.

The individual countries (Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, etc.) are far from wealthy, but in ATL Europe they are also not exactly the poorest of the poor either, althpugh there are noteworthy variations between the various countries, with some doing far better than others. (don't ask for a country by country breakdown, the politics of the Balkans is no more readily outlined ATL than IOTL and frankly writing up 20-30 pages on a region that I am far from even having a good working knowledge about is not really a prospect that has me turning handsprings). The War had, and continues to have, a fairly noteworthy leveling effect on the Continent
Anything to say regarding Slovakia? Did the pro-German client state see the war reaching onto their soil as the Allies pushed from East Europe and if so what was there performance in the war? Was Slovakia itself merged back into Czechoslovakia?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Anything to say regarding Slovakia? Did the pro-German client state see the war reaching onto their soil as the Allies pushed from East Europe and if so what was there performance in the war? Was Slovakia itself merged back into Czechoslovakia?
Pro-Nazi governments were not given much consideration post war. With the Self Determination post war process Slovakia and Czechia never reunited, while not a real shotgun marriage such as those that the Entente was responsible for across the old AH and Ottoman Empires, the two groups never quite meshed even in the interwar years after initial independence, something that was made much worse by the way the parts of the country were handled under occupation.

The groups less hated each other and more just decided that, in the case of Czechoslovakia, less was more.

Pro-Nazi governments were not given much consideration post war. With the Self Determination post war process Slovakia and Czechia never reunited, while not a real shotgun marriage such as those that the Entente was responsible for across the old AH and Ottoman Empires, the two groups never quite meshed even in the interwar years after initial independence, something that was made much worse by the way the parts of the country were handled under occupation.

The groups less hated each other and more just decided that, in the case of Czechoslovakia, less was more.
I'm guessing they would have preferred reality's Velvet Divorce. I doubt Prague was the only city devastated by the Nazi retreat in the two countries...

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I bet The Reich released some odious propaganda about blacks invading Europe like they did in OTL WW2...
Oh ya. Far worse than IOTL. Ironically, the atrocities it warned that any potential "Negro" invader would commit had been de facto Nazi policy and practices throughout the War.

brooklyn99

Banned

Understandable.

Also, I don't think many questions have been raised regarding the Korean Intervention of 1968-73. What were the casualties for all sides in that conflict? How did Cabal China's performance compare to their PRC counterparts in the Korean War?

MaxGerke01

Banned
Was there television of the AANW and if yes were there anchors and field reporters we would recognize ?
Also what was the Middle East like in 1958 ?
Were the Olympics revived and if so when ?
Also is there sort of a formula to determine if you may or may not be alive in ttl ? In my case for example my grandfather was on a USN ship in the Pacific in OTL so depending on that I may or may not exist.

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
So Im still wondering as it seems Im probably asking things that have been answered is there somewhere to find the post AANW info more comprehensively listed-ie a timeline or something similar ?