The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

brooklyn99

Banned
Can you believe I wanted to suggest Mikhail II? Hahahha ahahaha ahahahha
There wouldn't be a reason for them to just skirt legal laws and pick someone whose morgantic parentage made him removed from the laws of succession.

Which raises the question of why Vladimir Kirillovich, the legal heir of the Romanovs wasn't tapped by the A4, in favour of the other branch. I assume his forced collaboration when in Nazi captivity did leave a sour taste in their mouths...assuming he was able to survive through all of this madness in the first place.

There wouldn't be a reason for them to just skirt legal laws and pick someone whose morgantic parentage made him removed from the laws of succession.

Which raises the question of why Vladimir Kirillovich, the legal heir of the Romanovs wasn't tapped by the A4, in favour of the other branch. I assume his forced collaboration when in Nazi captivity did leave a sour taste in their mouths...assuming he was able to survive through all of this madness in the first place.
Yes.

But my first reason to have Mikhail II wouldn't be his appearance in TNO, but the fact that he fought for the allies, so he would be a preferable figure.

brooklyn99

Banned
Yes.

But my first reason to have Mikhail II wouldn't be his appearance in TNO, but the fact that he fought for the allies, so he would be a preferable figure.
I see. That's makes me wonder, IDK how interesting of a question this would be for @CalBear but how was Mikhail Andreevich's military career and life affected by the AANW? Since he would become heir to the throne after the fact then how did he do as a Tsar in general?

brooklyn99

Banned
@CalBear If I may ask some more questions...
What are the fates of:
Gamal Nasser
Idi Amin
Jean-Bedel Bokassa
Hafez Al-Assad (Bashar Al-Assad's father)
Pol Pot
Ferdinand Marcos

Also, Concerning the Axis client states in the Balkans. Did they do anything of note during the Hot War (before some of them capitulated to the Allies, that is)? What about the Croatian Ustase regime, in particular?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
@CalBear If I may ask some more questions...
What are the fates of:
Gamal Nasser
Idi Amin
Jean-Bedel Bokassa
Hafez Al-Assad (Bashar Al-Assad's father)
Pol Pot
Ferdinand Marcos

Also, Concerning the Axis client states in the Balkans. Did they do anything of note during the Hot War (before some of them capitulated to the Allies, that is)? What about the Croatian Ustase regime, in particular?
The various fascist groups that were friendly with the Waffen SS did pretty much what the did IOTL, they just had more time for their depredations.

Marcos' political career in the Philippines came to a crashing halt when he was caught lying about his "service" during the War (this damned near happened IOTL)

Never really gave much thought to the rest of them

Who are the American Presidents after Roosevelt and was he still 1933-1945 ?
Him standing down in '44 makes more sense. OTL he (and the party) had to know he was failing and might not get far into his term but he wanted to finish the job and the democrats wanted to ensure they were secure in power for another term.

Here the war is going badly, even Japan is far from over with and yes he's got to know he's dying. Hence elect a new guy to take the US into the next phase of a very long war rather than face the trauma of a President dying in office. In early '45.

MaxGerke01

Banned
Him standing down in '44 makes more sense. OTL he (and the party) had to know he was failing and might not get far into his term but he wanted to finish the job and the democrats wanted to ensure they were secure in power for another term.

Here the war is going badly, even Japan is far from over with and yes he's got to know he's dying. Hence elect a new guy to take the US into the next phase of a very long war rather than face the trauma of a President dying in office. In early '45.
There would likely had been someone else there during this war even if Roosevelt lived beyond April 1945 ittl due to his age,health and the fact that 4 terms was probably enough for most Americans-so Roosevelt lasts till January 20 1949 maximum...

There would likely had been someone else there during this war even if Roosevelt lived beyond April 1945 ittl due to his age,health and the fact that 4 terms was probably enough for most Americans-so Roosevelt lats till 1949 maximum...
He can't last past '45. Even OTL it was chancy and two years of stress and bad news could see him fail even before the '44 election.

In OTL it would seem like he was in denial to himself in regards to his own health. It seems like otherwise he would have made the slightest effort to train Truman or at least let him into the bloody room. Instead Truman was basically kept outside of the Administration almost entirely.

In OTL it would seem like he was in denial to himself in regards to his own health. It seems like otherwise he would have made the slightest effort to train Truman or at least let him into the bloody room. Instead Truman was basically kept outside of the Administration almost entirely.
Probably but the Party would see the writing on the wall (which is probably why they slipped Truman into the VP slot as they wanted"their man" instead of Wallace). Here he's likely to be even more obviously dying by the time of selection and if the war isn't being lost it clearly isn't being won. Hence force him to stand down for a younger candidate who can lead the country into the second half of the forties.

Its also possible they then lose due to the state of the war, residual America firstism sees the GOP President accept the warm war climb down and then a democrat wins in '48 or '52.

The various fascist groups that were friendly with the Waffen SS did pretty much what the did IOTL, they just had more time for their depredations.

Marcos' political career in the Philippines came to a crashing halt when he was caught lying about his "service" during the War (this damned near happened IOTL)

Never really gave much thought to the rest of them
What happened to "red fascists", like Otto Strasser? He was exiled OTL and returned to germany after the war, so he probably avoided getting killed ITTL

What happened to "red fascists", like Otto Strasser? He was exiled OTL and returned to germany after the war, so he probably avoided getting killed ITTL
I doubt Strasser returned to Germany in this TL. I also doubt he had a good reception in the West if he continued to be a red fascist after the Hot War.

I doubt Strasser returned to Germany in this TL. I also doubt he had a good reception in the West if he continued to be a red fascist after the Hot War.

Also "all German's are Nazi's" is considered gospel ITTL, the fact he used to be a Nazi (even if he's kinda sorta not one now) is likely to make him very unpopular. Certainly if he's allowed back into the microstates he would be banned from all political activity forever more.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
He, and those who had also gone into exile, survived. Their association with the Nazi Party during its formation remained an indelible stain for the rest of their lives.