The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Its possible the military build up slowed expansion, especially as the birth rate would be supressed far longer with the length of the war. Also that's in my (print) copy of Festung Europa so probably to late now I fear.
If Calbear really wants to fix it, he could say it's this Georgetown. Or maybe this one, though that'd mean the bombers went way out of their way.

I've read that a lot of contemporary China's problems stem from the Four Olds campaign, in which much of China's beautiful heritage was effectively destroyed. The loss of so much has caused a lot of psychological harm that still affects China to the peasant. The disconnect is so bad, that many mainland museums are characterized as cheap knock offs.

TTL, do places like France, Poland, the former Germany, the Netherlands, and Russia suffer from the loss of so much of their cultural heritage? Like OTL China, have they become places that can only think in terms of materialism, with an incredibly feeble attempt at recreating a loss past.

Who population of A4 view India? Do they believe India was snobbed or there need to some change of policy about India?

Can you briefly point out cuurnt Hindu Muslim Relationship in India?

What elements of Old Europe survived the war? I know pretty much all of France's cultural treasures were deliberately erased, as were all the great Eastern cities up to the Urals, but what about the Mediterranean? I was under the impression that Italy got by relatively better, but what about Greece? Is the Parthenon still standing is essentially what I am asking (akd hoping).

Last edited:
What elements of Old Europe survived the war? I know pretty much all of France's cultural treasures were deliberately erased, as were all the great Eastern cities up to the Urals, but what about the Mediterranean? I was under the impression that Italy got by relatively better, but what about Greece? Is the Parthenon still standing is essentially what I am asking (akd hoping).

Mediterranean and Balkans remained quiet undamaged I think or at least not damaged to such level that they couldhn't had reconstruct anything.

Yes, Germany and East Europe up to Urals were pretty much leveled and ruined.

Other places in Europe British Isles and Scandinavia remained quiet undamaged altough not sure how badly Denmark and Norway were damaged. Finland too is well preseved when it wasn't occupied and was out on Hot War. Intrestingly Viborg (Viipuri) might be even in better condition than in OTL. But I am not quiet sure what Finns would had done to Russian cities which it captured like Petroskoi and Murmansk, altough these weren't treated with such barbaric way than Leningrad/St. Petersburg and Moscow. Can't say anything about Benelux.

So potential tourist could travel to Iberia, Italy, Greece, probably most of Balkans, Romania, Hungary, British Isles and Nordic countries. In other places there is not anything to see. Even German old cultural cities are ruined and it would be total suicide go to Berlin.

Mediterranean and Balkans remained quiet undamaged I think or at least not damaged to such level that they couldhn't had reconstruct anything.

Other places in Europe British Isles and Scandinavia remained quiet undamaged altough not sure how badly Denmark and Norway were damaged. Finland too is well preseved when it wasn't occupied and was out on Hot War. Intrestingly Viborg (Viipuri) might be even in better condition than in OTL. But I am not quiet sure what Finns would had done to Russian cities which it captured like Petroskoi and Murmansk, altough these weren't treated with such barbaric way than Leningrad/St. Petersburg and Moscow. Can't say anything about Benelux.

So potential tourist could travel to Iberia, Italy, Greece, probably most of Balkans, Romania, Hungary, British Isles and Nordic countries. In other places there is not anything to see. Even German old cultural cities are ruined and it would be total suicide go to Berlin.
Vienna survived due to an uprising IIRC, Paris is gone as is Bruges and quite a bit of the low countries that wasn't liberated quickly, this includes massive flood damage in Holland.

Most of the rest is probably OTL Warsaw circa 1945 at best.

Prague exists but lost most if not all of the architecture I enjoy on a daily basis according to our beloved ursine.

That's what makes this TL tough to bear. Think of how much of a continent I've come to love in my seven years living here is irretrievably gone.

Prague exists but lost most if not all of the architecture I enjoy on a daily basis according to our beloved ursine.

That's what makes this TL tough to bear. Think of how much of a continent I've come to love in my seven years living here is irretrievably gone.
Yeah, I'm sure the only way to experiment such landscapes would be to see scale models, much like the older Koenigsberg (indeed, on the English Wikipedia, there are separate pages for the pre- and post-1945 city).

I can imagine the Finns might preserve the cultural sights they inherited, and then have the decency to return some of them to the TTL Tsarist government once the war was over.

I wonder what the psychological and cultural impact this gap of architecture has on the population.

A lot of OTL China's problems come from Mao's Cultural Revolution, and how the loss of so much culture to Mao's madness created a cultural gap that Chinese OTL have filled in the blind pursuit of profit.

TTL, how do French, Russians, Poles, and others feel when they read about all this beauty that was destroyed in acts of blind rage? Have they also become horribly soulless societies that think of nothing but profit?

I can imagine the Finns might preserve the cultural sights they inherited, and then have the decency to return some of them to the TTL Tsarist government once the war was over.

Due to limited resources, political and bureaucratic inertia, and a sort of institutional frugality, razing entire towns or neighbourhoods would not be the Finnish way to go. The Finns would keep most buildings that are structurally sound, and only tear down those that are considered to be (for different reasons) in too poor condition to keep and repair and repurpose.

Most likely, structures that are deemed too "Russian- or Soviet-looking" for architectural and aesthetic reasons would get a do-over into an "acceptable" Finnish style (classical/pseudo-classical, national romantic/art nouveau, 1930s functionalist, etc). Buildings of obvious historical value (ie. predating the Soviet era), like churches, would be kept close to the original, though I believe at least some originally Orthodox churches would be converted to Lutheran uses instead.

Last edited:
I wonder what the psychological and cultural impact this gap of architecture has on the population.
I can only comment based on what I know from OTL.

Praguers are very protective of the architecture in the city. A couple of students have complained about seeing McDonald's and other logos marring facades, and how much they admire certain buildings. Czechs not native to the city but have come to live here are also fond of it.

There's also overwhelming agreement in my social circles that surrendering in 1938 was the right thing to do, as was waiting until the war was almost over to rise up. They frequently point to the fate of Warsaw and saying that losing Prague Castle and Charles Bridge was too great a price to simply puff out their chest and say "we fought."

Poles living here tell me that Poles are far more nationalist and patriotic than Czechs, who are like "...eh" about those things. I'd agree; the only time I've seen Cezchs patriotic is when they beat Russia at hockey.

There's also overwhelming agreement in my social circles that surrendering in 1938 was the right thing to do, as was waiting until the war was almost over to rise up.
I’m not advocating one position or another but you should tell them that under Generalplan Ost 50% of Czechs were to be killed or otherwise eliminated with the rest either getting Germanized or used as chattel serfs on plantations in Eastern Europe. All Slavic cities and every bit of their culture were to be razed (by their own inhabitants) and erased from memory.

Last edited:
I’m not advocating one position or another but you should tell them that under Generalplan Ost 50% of Czechs were to be killed or otherwise eliminated with the rest either getting Germanized or used as chattel serfs on plantations in Eastern Europe. All Slavic cities and every bit of their culture were to be razed (by their own inhabitants) and erased from memory.
I know, and they know. They're talking about history as we know it, not the Germans winning.

I can only comment based on what I know from OTL.

Praguers are very protective of the architecture in the city. A couple of students have complained about seeing McDonald's and other logos marring facades, and how much they admire certain buildings. Czechs not native to the city but have come to live here are also fond of it.

There's also overwhelming agreement in my social circles that surrendering in 1938 was the right thing to do, as was waiting until the war was almost over to rise up. They frequently point to the fate of Warsaw and saying that losing Prague Castle and Charles Bridge was too great a price to simply puff out their chest and say "we fought."

Poles living here tell me that Poles are far more nationalist and patriotic than Czechs, who are like "...eh" about those things. I'd agree; the only time I've seen Cezchs patriotic is when they beat Russia at hockey.

That's a pretty odd statement, considering there was a lot of OTL resistance among the Czechs.

This was the place where Heydrich, ahem, got severely lead poisoned.

"Peace in our time" might TTL become a deeply poisonous meme, won't it?

That's a pretty odd statement, considering there was a lot of OTL resistance among the Czechs.

This was the place where Heydrich, ahem, got severely lead poisoned.
You have to remember Czechs are not as fiercely patriotic as Poland. A combination of being a bit others' empire for so long and, well, not really caring.

As for Anthropoid, a few students have questioned if the leveling of Lidice and Lezaky was worth it.