The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

I once did a discussion of 2007 EU, Schengen Area, and enclaves being sent to 2007 AANW, and the general consensus is a Transatlantic Nuclear Exchange. With France and Germany only, it'd be a one-sided fight.

To be fair you did set the ISOT to occur right after the Stettin attack. Which probably influenced the direction the conversation took from that point onwards.

Last edited:
What would happen if OTL modern-day Germany and France were ISOTed to TTL in the modern-day?
I don't know about France but GErmany is probably totally nuked and occupied. Then blowback is going to be huge when they notice that they have invaded and destroyed peaceful democracy.

Uh...

The A4 are certainly harsh, but they are not lunatics who will destroy things on a whim.

First of all, the satellites would notice several things: how the landscape of Berlin was completely altered, and a Paris teeming with...life.

Second of all, I think border guards would notice the different flags and border guards claiming to represent the Republic.

Once people notice that things are very different, the A4 will inspect the place.

And what they see will give them enormous cognitive dissonance: A united Germany that is not only democratic, but pacifist, multicultural, and tolerant. A Germany that Jews willingly move too.

Uh...

The A4 are certainly harsh, but they are not lunatics who will destroy things on a whim.

First of all, the satellites would notice several things: how the landscape of Berlin was completely altered, and a Paris teeming with...life.

Second of all, I think border guards would notice the different flags and border guards claiming to represent the Republic.

Once people notice that things are very different, the A4 will inspect the place.

And what they see will give them enormous cognitive dissonance: A united Germany that is not only democratic, but pacifist, multicultural, and tolerant. A Germany that Jews willingly move too.
Yeah, I imagine that there would be border skirmishes on the eastern border and maybe the Italian, Austrian and Danish borders but if the A4 chooses to investigate first and not kneejerk nukings. How does Germany, and to a lesser extent France, acclimate to this new world? Germany would be hated for things that they didn't do IOTL but the alt Germany did ITTL.

Yeah, I imagine that there would be border skirmishes on the eastern border and maybe the Italian, Austrian and Danish borders but if the A4 chooses to investigate first and not kneejerk nukings. How does Germany, and to a lesser extent France, acclimate to this new world? Germany would be hated for things that they didn't do IOTL but the alt Germany did ITTL.

I think Germans would have to show the OTL history: the history in which they had been defeated before Hitler's excesses reached their terrifying heights, the history in which Germany had become a prosperous democracy.

I think Germans would have to show the OTL history: the history in which they had been defeated before Hitler's excesses reached their terrifying heights, the history in which Germany had become a prosperous democracy.
That might appease the A4 and maybe India, but I can easily see the rest of the world, the parts the nazis affected anyway, still hating OTL Germany, hate isn't really rational. I could see the appearance of Germany making the A4 look back at their actions in Stettin much more harshly, our Germany is pretty much proof that a unified Germany isn't going to automatically become the Fourth Reich. It might make them think that their actions at Stettin were entirely unnecessary.

Germany would also be scared shitless of the A4 once they learn about all the WMD hanging over their heads like the fucking Sword of Damocles.

That might appease the A4 and maybe India, but I can easily see the rest of the world, the parts the nazis affected anyway, still hating OTL Germany, hate isn't really rational. I could see the appearance of Germany making the A4 look back at their actions in Stettin much more harshly, our Germany is pretty much proof that a unified Germany isn't going to automatically become the Fourth Reich. It might make them think that their actions at Stettin were entirely unnecessary.

Germany would also be scared shitless of the A4 once they learn about all the WMD hanging over their heads like the fucking Sword of Damocles.

Denifnitely at least Russians, Poles, Czechs, other Slavs and remaining Jews outside of Germany would hate Germany deeply. A4 might be bit more friendlier but still quiet cautious.

Just wondering how Austria, East Prussia and Pommerania would react for event. Them hardly are allowed joim to Germany, altough not sure if even Germany wants them when their economy is too much behind of their economy. Perhaps A4 is going allow them to re-industrialise and perhaps at some point create real army altough not all that technology what A4 has and without any attack capacity.

Denifnitely at least Russians, Poles, Czechs, other Slavs and remaining Jews outside of Germany would hate Germany deeply. A4 might be bit more friendlier but still quiet cautious.

Just wondering how Austria, East Prussia and Pommerania would react for event. Them hardly are allowed joim to Germany, altough not sure if even Germany wants them when their economy is too much behind of their economy. Perhaps A4 is going allow them to re-industrialise and perhaps at some point create real army altough not all that technology what A4 has and without any attack capacity.

OTL Germany might offer those destroyed areas aid. They don't have too, but it would sooth tensions and create prosperous neighbors to trade with .

For Jewish people, the fact that Germany OTL educated children about the Holocaust would prove that Germans are not nationalist nutcases.

So the question is this, do the Nazis have working nukes.
Nope, the NKVD (and the as OTL incompetent underfunded "programs" they ran) convinced the Nazi's it was impossible and they turned to bio or chemical weapons instead. By the time exposure to Allied nukes proved that assumption wrong it was to late to build any themselves.

Nope, the NKVD (and the as OTL incompetent underfunded "programs" they ran) convinced the Nazi's it was impossible and they turned to bio or chemical weapons instead. By the time exposure to Allied nukes proved that assumption wrong it was to late to build any themselves.
Ah shit, I posted that question in the wrong thread. I must of clicked here by mistake. That question was meant for MM's Three Eagles' TL comment thread.

Sorry everyone for that.

I bet that is an interesting question:

WI: Nazis got nukes?

What happened to Oskar Schindler? Did he still manage to save as many as he did or did he save more?

Also was Audie Murphy still involved in the war?

WI: Nazis got nukes?
In our TL or in AANW?

If the Reich got nuclear weapons in AANW there either would have been an even more tense cold war than the one against the USSR or the Reich would have used them against the US/UK leading to a nuclear exchange that would have left Europe in even worse shape than CalBear’s TL.

Last edited:
In our TL or in AANW?

If the Reich got nuclear weapons in AANW there either would have been an even more tense cold war than the one against the USSR or the Reich would have used them against the US/UK leading to a nuclear exchange that would have left Europe in even worse shape than CalBear’s TL.

I think that would be the moment that Nazism would be solidified as a suicide cult: either Nazism reigns supreme over the world, or the German people must all die.