The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Some might agree with me on this point, the Cabal is similar to Omsk in TNO

For context for those who haven't played TNO, Omsk is the home of the All-Russian Black League, a group of Russian Ultranationalists who are one of the many unifiers of the Russian Anarchy. Driven by their hatred of the German people for what they've done to Russia, the Black League is determined to gain revenge for their suffering in a campaign called the Great Trial with not even nuclear war being a deterrent to stop them.

Only difference between them is that the Cabal seem to be more than willing to bide their time, while the Black League do not have such patience for the Great Trial (even not accounting for their intense desire for revenge, the German Civil War and its aftershocks would be Russia's only chance to take back RK Moscowein and likely would not have the option to be patient).

For context for those who haven't played TNO, Omsk is the home of the All-Russian Black League, a group of Russian Ultranationalists who are one of the many unifiers of the Russian Anarchy. Driven by their hatred of the German people for what they've done to Russia, the Black League is determined to gain revenge for their suffering in a campaign called the Great Trial with not even nuclear war being a deterrent to stop them.

Only difference between them is that the Cabal seem to be more than willing to bide their time, while the Black League do not have such patience for the Great Trial (even not accounting for their intense desire for revenge, the German Civil War and its aftershocks would be Russia's only chance to take back RK Moscowein and likely would not have the option to be patient).

The black league also wants to end all non russian civilization, they want to cause a nuclear war with the USA since they fell that the westerners failed to help russia in the time of Need

So the only difference between them and the Cabal is that the black league do not wants to completely exterminate non russians, just to make them live in a irradiated wasteland

The black league also wants to end all non russian civilization, they want to cause a nuclear war with the USA since they fell that the westerners failed to help russia in the time of Need

So the only difference between them and the Cabal is that the black league do not wants to completely exterminate non russians, just to make them live in a irradiated wasteland

Wait is Yazov himself actually wanting to extend the Great Trial to the Americans as well? IIRC the whole vengeance on America thing was mostly a subfaction within the Black League that Yazov wasn't a part of although I might be wrong there.

Wait is Yazov himself actually wanting to extend the Great Trial to the Americans as well? IIRC the whole vengeance on America thing was mostly a subfaction within the Black League that Yazov wasn't a part of although I might be wrong there.

AFAIK Yazov do want to attack the US regardless, remember, he is the path that the Devs said that is the worse path for the world

AFAIK Yazov do want to attack the US regardless, remember, he is the path that the Devs said that is the worse path for the world

I know about that but I just thought it was because a Black League invasion of Germany proper would kick off nuclear armageddon rather than anything truly insane like invading America.

Regardless we're risking derailing the thread here, the point being that Omsk and the Cabal might understand one another although their endgoals would be their main difference.

Well,let me put it to you this way.How hard is it to break the status quo there as compared to here?
In what way is the status quo of AANW an impediment to "progress"?

But to answer your question:
Easier, iirc the A4 is structured so that the other three are collectively treated as America's equal. That means America has an equal. No sole superpower. No American exceptionalism. No [sanitized of current politics]. No [sanitized of flame-bait].

Now again, define "progress".

Univeral (outside of the Cabal) health care,
On that note, how advanced and robust are the medical sciences and public health sectors in AANW? Universal healthcare being near ubiquitous is definitely a point in their favour. However, the Cabal banking so heavily on bio weapons, and Europe still having some troubles from Nazi bio weapons would seem to imply that healthcare is something of a weak spot for this world (medical R&D funding fell by the wayside in favour of space/military spending?).

dcd

Banned
In what way is the status quo of AANW an impediment to "progress"?

But to answer your question:
Easier, iirc the A4 is structured so that the other three are collectively treated as America's equal. That means America has an equal. No sole superpower. No American exceptionalism. No [sanitized of current politics]. No [sanitized of flame-bait].

Now again, define "progress".
The status quo of the A4 is hard to really change is my point.In part because it's shared power.
Progress in the affairs of civilizations means (in my opinion)the usage of the ability of humanity to freely and naturally engage in geopolitical processes of order-chaos interaction in the proceeding of world-historical evolution.
This is just some ideas I'm developing.

The status quo of the A4 is hard to really change is my point.In part because it's shared power.
Which means there are more moving pieces in play and thus more potential for change from within.

Progress in the affairs of civilizations means (in my opinion)the usage of the ability of humanity to freely and naturally engage in geopolitical processes of order-chaos interaction in the proceeding of world-historical evolution.
That's an odd definition of progress that would include literally any change/interaction, including a nuclear apocalypse.

The Black League might also be more open to Russian minorities than the Cabal is towards Chinese minorities, considering that Karbyshev was descended from Christianized Tatars.

Last edited:

dcd

Banned
Which means there are more moving pieces in play and thus more potential for change from within.

That's an odd definition of progress that would include literally any change/interaction, including a nuclear apocalypse.
I can only hope you're right.
And that's the point-the A4 is stifling free will.Of course,a "total extinction/destruction'' scenario wouldn't count as progress.

Of course,a "total extinction/destruction'' scenario wouldn't count as progress.
Then you need to change your definition of progress. A nuclear war could easily be the product of "the usage of the ability of humanity to freely and naturally engage in geopolitical processes of order-chaos interaction in the proceeding of world-historical evolution."

CalBear detailed Nazi attacks during the Hot War he considered but rejected.
Nerve gas strike against Halifax, Washington and New York. Logistically it just couldn't be brought together, not without compromising the story line too much. It would have been interesting though, maybe next time.

U-boats deposited agents spreading Anthrax and Plague, and infected with infectious stage small pox in Argentina, India, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. Figured it would take three subs, but it was more or less gilding the lily.

Reich agents poisoning the Ganges immediately prior to the Avatarana.

Nerve gas attack on Palestine, especially Jerusalem on April 24, 1959 (1st day of passover). I came REALLY close to using this one since it so perfectly summed up the Nazi belief system.

Biological attacks against the Canadian & U.S. agricultural system. Plague, small pox, dengue fever, Yellow Fever (gotta love those 'skeeters) seeding across the U.S. Gulf Coast and Brazil.

Early versions of engineered bugs used by the Reich
What would have happened if the Reich pulled some (or all) of these attacks off in terms of death toll and impact on the post war world?

CalBear detailed Nazi attacks during the Hot War he considered but rejected.

What would have happened if the Reich pulled some (or all) of these attacks off in terms of death toll and impact on the post war world?

I mean, the nerve attack on Brazil would be terrible... But the main victim would be the german brazilians.

Brazil got a huge german minority, to the point that we had to "evacuate" (forcefully remove) hundreds of thousands of people from the coast since the government was paranoid they would inform axis submarines. The city of Blumenau was divided into smaller cities and the germans had to hold a special document to move freely inside it. We also had internment camps for pro axis people. Assuming this nerve gas attack happened, you would see the rest of the brazilian population going full kristallnacht on the german-brazilians, it would be even worse than the zoot suit riots on the US because the army units (composed at this time of pro US corrupt far right demagogues) might HELP to crush the germans...

Perhaps this is just my squishy-liberal bias showing, but 'no ethnic-supremacist states, Or Else' is, if anything, a steadfast defense of freedom, not a lack of it [1], at least to people who rightly understand that my freedom to throw a punch ends where your nose begins.

What I'm curious about is where the fracture points in the system are. If the A4 steadfastly refused to let India into the club, it would be a genuine conflict of one good against another good (as opposed to a conflict of either or both against Cabalist China). That utopian future requires, at least in the broad outline, that either the A4 themselves never become corrupted, or that other nations eventually accede to A(n) status themselves.

Part of what interests me about a Cabal Conflict is the aftermath; if India ends up playing a major part, taking major casualties and saving the human race as we know it, and the A4 still doesn't let them join the club? Then that's proof that the A4's world system can't be permitted to continue without reform. But if the aftermath of a Cabal Conflict shows that Korea and India can accede to the A4, it proves that the system can be a true world government; by, for, and of the people of the world, equally.

[1] except for the would-be genocidaires, which I'm fine with, pace Karl Popper. Nazi punks fuck off.

Last edited: