The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

AANW is a great story but I think more people (including myself) would rather see AANW Stalemate continued (which hasn’t been updated in almost 3 years in part because of how dark the research material CalBear used was and the fact that it elaborates on the aspects of Nazi rule left out of the original story).

I'd like to see a Fanfiction thread, that allows people to explore and contribute ideas for the postwar period, and fill in the blanks that CalBear left unfilled.

If he held even smallest hints of his sympahty over fascism then answer is absolutely no.

He was elected in 1946 OTL, he could have been elected and then pressed into the allies. I remember that Churchilll had one quote giving small praise for fascists being anti communists,so Perón could use this as a excuse "Look, even churchill was doing it at the time..."

Well....

What does it say that Henry Ford was an inspiration to Nazis?

The only thing that makes Ford a better person was having the decency to feel horrible about the death camps. But that doesn't erase the fact his promotion of antisemitism in mass media inspired other Nazis to do the same.

Henry Ford was also an inspiration to the Soviets. You can find really strange old 1930s pictures of Soviet Industrial facilities where communist propaganda posters are side by side with big " Do it the Ford Way!" posters.

In the 1920s and 1930s Ford was pretty much the strangely iconic inspiration for every nation that was trying to industrialize. Ford was seen globally as representing modern cutting edge industry.

Ford was personally a giant asshole in a lot of ways but he still more or less represented the limitless potential of modern industry to most people globally. And as a business man he was willing to do business with both the Soviets and the Nazis. In the 30s Ford was more or less revered by both the Stalinistic Communinist Soviet Union and Nazi Germany despite their obviously immense ideaological differences in most other ways.

Henry Ford was also an inspiration to the Soviets. You can find really strange old 1930s pictures of Soviet Industrial facilities where communist propaganda posters are side by side with big " Do it the Ford Way!" posters.

In the 1920s and 1930s Ford was pretty much the strangely iconic inspiration for every nation that was trying to industrialize. Ford was seen globally as representing modern cutting edge industry.

Ford was personally a giant asshole in a lot of ways but he still more or less represented the limitless potential of modern industry to most people globally. And as a business man he was willing to do business with both the Soviets and the Nazis. In the 30s Ford was more or less revered by both the Stalinistic Communinist Soviet Union and Nazi Germany despite their obviously immense ideaological differences in most other ways.

In many respects, Ford did create the modern world.

But in many other respects, he left behind a legacy that was also poisonous.

In many respects, Ford did create the modern world.

But in many other respects, he left behind a legacy that was also poisonous.

Much like Thomas Edison. Complete bastard personally and not much of a scientist himself. But he more or less inventented the research lab and changed inventing and how we do scientific research more then arguably any man.

Much like Thomas Edison. Complete bastard personally and not much of a scientist himself. But he more or less inventented the research lab and changed inventing and how we do scientific research more then arguably any man.

In the world we live in, wealth and money are the most valued things.

We make fun of people in the past for their fanatical religious beliefs. But I think people of the future might mock us for putting bank accounts above human lives.

Always annoyed me this one from Star Trek IV, the voyage home. About 24 seconds in, calls medicine the dark ages. Up yours Doctor Mccoy, they are doing their best.

Deleted member 96212

AANW is a great story but I think more people (including myself) would rather see AANW Stalemate continued (which hasn’t been updated in almost 3 years in part because of how dark the research material CalBear used was and the fact that it elaborates on the aspects of Nazi rule left out of the original story).
I'd like to see a Fanfiction thread, that allows people to explore and contribute ideas for the postwar period, and fill in the blanks that CalBear left unfilled.

I too, would be open to that idea. I have no issue with writing incredibly dark subject matter or learning about such things, I can step in to help whoever would need aid in such an endeavor.

dcd

Banned
Done.

They changed the editing tool, so Crimson, the co-writer of the Reds! timeline kindly added the changes I proposed for the timeline.

Anyone who wants to check, can find it here.
The Reds! timeline and this would actually be very compatible,given the Comintern would be a bigger threat so it would make more sense for Hitler to focus on it.

Last edited:
The Reds! timeline and this would actually be very compatible,given the Comintern would be a bigger threat so it would make more sense to focus on it.

Imagine if you ISOTed the UASR (1950) to AANW 1954. How would people in the UASR react to the fate of their brother nation?

Always annoyed me this one from Star Trek IV, the voyage home. About 24 seconds in, calls medicine the dark ages. Up yours Doctor Mccoy, they are doing their best.

To be fair to Dr McCoy, how would a doctor from 1986 react to medical procedures from 1686? That's the difference in time. Doesn't mean he is right or wrong.

Some 1930's CPSU members were fascinated with Western industrial conglomerates.

And as a business man he was willing to do business with both the Soviets and the Nazis.

In the 1930's, Fred C. Koch went to work in the USSR after issues with intellectual property violations pretty much prevented him from working in America.

2100s? What I've seen of descriptions of Cabal China suggests this world has low odds of making it past 2030 without someone on the Chinese side doing something STUPID after the harvest goes bad nevermind 2100.

North Korea but larger with hardline pro-natalist policies and bowarfare programs doesn't seem conducive to international stability...