The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
They built the 90,000 displacement H-42s? Where the hell did those bastards put in for dry dock?
Failed to build. The Fuhrer was pushing for them to get the H-44 (129,000 tons, 4x2 50.5cm/20.5" main battery) completed. His goal was to sail them up the Thames and shell London and eventually New York.

The Indians decided, unsurprisingly, that if they couldn't explore out, they would explore the seabed. It was a really good decision insofar that they are already turning a profit on deep water extraction of minerals and are also pushing the limits of science ever further. The big advantage the Indians have in exploiting the seabed is that the funding that might have gone into lunar bases and colonies has gone into robotics, specifically submarine drones and advanced waldos. Everyone knows the seabed is a gold mine, the problem is that it is just as expensive, and risky to exploit it as any serious space program.
It seems that the same sort of robotics technology used in undersea mining like drones and waldoes would also be needed for Asteroid mining, so that if Asteroid mining fails, the technology could be relatively easily adapted for the Ocean Floor.

It was very bad in the Pacific. Some areas were liberated much sooner than IOTL (by months, not years) but there was also the need for WAllied forces to defeat the Kwantung Army on the ground and push back Reich elements from the Vladivostok area (which is how the whole Western Alaska occupation/self determination scenario started)

The A4 can collapse fairly easily if it runs out of money. It is way behind the Indians on exploiting the ocean floor for resources while expending much more for space programs. The asteroid mining is the key, it works out and the A4 is in the back for the long term. The A4 can also collapse at the ballot box. A4 countries have high taxes, so far the electorate has, overall, been willing to hang in there, but all it takes is a couple really good political players to get into office on the back of the Tax Cut cash cow, and the funding could dry up. That happens, Katy bar the door.

The reich had elements in the Vladivostok area?

Did Latin America/Brazil end up contributing any significant military forces to the latter war?

I am curious without a strong need for Stealth Technology what fighters will look like...
I imagine with far superior engine technology they can go significantly faster.
Not hypersonic, as though a fighter sized hypersonic glider is possible, at that point it isn't exactly as fighter. Though some sources do claim in the sixth generation some fighters will have an element of Hypersonic flight.
I think the Mach 3-4 range is certainly possible in terms of how engines have progressed TTL. Also it seems without the need for stealth given the reasons calbear explained, it would be useful to have a speedy fighter be able to strike and penetrate enemy positions prior to any retaliation.
Actually the ATF competition OTL's initial RFI designs didn't feature much stealth, yet the designs speak for themselves. The lockheed design that is 115 doesn't even look much like a traditional fighter, and looks more like a SR 72 designed to quickly strike positions and penetrate enemy air. The other designs I think are also interesting, such as co op fighter or Missileer, which could serve as more of a dog fighter.

F-22_RFI.jpg

Considering the greater emphasis probably on urban combat, with the A4's speedy foreign interventions generally reaching say, a belligerent nations capital and quickly neutralizing anti democratic elements, I could see Exoskeleton armor in use, both for extra protective qualities and the ability to assist in strength, especially in terms of busting doors.
images.jpeg

Actually assuming the A4 would have these capabilities, it is a curious question to wonder whether India has tech to rival. I mean given its excessive investment in Naval and Submarine exploration and colonization, here is a page on future sub tech based on the royal navy's study OTL.

I am curious how non nuclear warfare looks like in TTL. Wonder how overall well versed my take on it is.

Last edited:
It was part of the "peace" with the USSR and allowed the Reich to trade with the (then) neutral's as well as no doubt build up uboats for a future offensive. Needless to say removing that capacity was an early priority IIRC once war restarted in a big way.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
It seems that the same sort of robotics technology used in undersea mining like drones and waldoes would also be needed for Asteroid mining, so that if Asteroid mining fails, the technology could be relatively easily adapted for the Ocean Floor.

It could be, but there is a very big difference between operating in effectively zero gee and a vacuum and a few thousand feet underwater with 2100 psi of pressure and lousy visibility.

Did Latin America/Brazil end up contributing any significant military forces to the latter war?

The Reich had "Treaty Inspectors" in the area i.e. Waffen SS and Gestapo forces meant to suppress any chances of the Soviets violating the Treaty.

The Latin American effort was primarily in the ETO.

It was part of the "peace" with the USSR and allowed the Reich to trade with the (then) neutral's as well as no doubt build up uboats for a future offensive. Needless to say removing that capacity was an early priority IIRC once war restarted in a big way.

The Germans managed to place significant forces on the Pacific coast and the Allies left them in place until the war restarted in the late 50s?

The Germans managed to place significant forces on the Pacific coast and the Allies left them in place until the war restarted in the late 50s?
Pretty much, although the Uboats were the only active part of the war all through so not exactly "in peace." Also at that time the Nazi's controlled the entire Eurasian continent and could probably move ship bits by land. They just couldn't do much once the ships got where they were going...

Undersea mining today is not viable considered against current mining technology of resources on land. Otherwise it would be used, Space resources are not even an issue as of yet for o.t.l.

With a greater decreased population of the Earth in this timeline, access to resources seems likely far less important, compared to o.t.l.

Undersea mining today is not viable considered against current mining technology of resources on land. Otherwise it would be used, Space resources are not even an issue as of yet for o.t.l.

With a greater decreased population of the Earth in this timeline, access to resources seems likely far less important, compared to o.t.l.
My hunch is the Indians want to do something big and bold. Space is off limits because of the A4. So the only thing left is the sea floor.

I usually don't ask these kinds of questions regarding OTL figures considering how many Calbear has gotten throughout the TL but what happened to Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway?

1) Does Perón manages to get into power in Argentina? Is he ruling the country when Argentina sends troops to Europe?

2) Can you describe briefly how the offensive that the Nazis tried into the Middle East from the Caucasus went (if I recall correctly, it was implied that the Allies stopped any attempt of the Axis doing that)?

3) Who ruled France after the death of Petain?

4)Denmark was still a protectorate on the Anglo-Nazi War?

1. I don't think a known Axis sympathisor might have any future after 1947 in the Western Hemisphery
  2. More about this here
  3. Maybe Pierre Laval, since he was one of the most favorable to collaboration; sure, Darlan was the planned succesor but it might have changed. For the matter, what happened to Darlan? Did he still went to Algiers?
  4. Maybe. They were fellow Aryans. OTOH, they might have tried to integrate them further in the Reich

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
No.

The WAllies drove them out as part of the End Game against Japan. They couldn't hand the territory back to the Soviets, all that would have done was allow the Reich personnel back in place under the Soviet/Reich peace treaty. Instead the U.S. occupied the region.

I second the above, mostly asking about the status of the internet, smartphones, computers, and video games?

Additionally, there is mention of a “Persian campaign” in the AANW TL, though I’m not sure what happened. Can you elaborate further on this?

Eventually?

The city recovered although it suffered vastly more damage than IOTL thanks to the Reich practice of mass destruction of historically or culturally significant sites during the retreat into inner Germany. It would up better off than Paris ATL, but much of the glorious architecture the city is justly famous for was destroyed by the Waffen SS. The Czech population was, of course mostly liquidated or driven out into the country-side (IOTL Generalplan Ost called for a 50% reduction in the Czech population, although this would have been done using the utterly insane standards of the Reich. "Aryan" looking Czechs i.e. blond/blue would have been largely spared once/if they were judged clear of "Jewish taint". Those that didn't would be handled very differently. Fun folks, the Nazis)
Where do British Stag Parties go in this TL instead? :)

So evil I expect being caught reading the necronomicon out loud with intent to call forth Cthulhu would be seen as less vile than wearing the thing.

I guess that Indian tourist and immigrants will have quiet hard time in Europe (well, what that is left), USA and Canada when Swastikas are important in their culture but ITTL these have even worse reputation in West. I could even imaginate that almost all people in the West think that Nazis invented Swastika.