The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

In the modern world, is there any tourism in the German States?
Probably not. After all (far more than OTL) "All German's are Nazi's," and parts of it are still wreaked. Not the kind of place visiting does your reputation any good to say nothing of having anything actively worth seeing. Also Hitler's grave is in the anthrax zone so even visiting to piss on his grave isn't an option.
Palestine is part of Jordan when there is not enough of Jews to establish state of Israel.

So what happens to Zionism?
Its dead there's a mention that an attempt was made to get Israel going but it failed. As most survivors are in America or Britain I presume the Jewish population is intergrating while keeping their traditions and franticly trying to breed back up.

Palestine is part of Jordan when there is not enough of Jews to establish state of Israel.

So what happens to Zionism?
Its dead there's a mention that an attempt was made to get Israel going but it failed. As most survivors are in America or Britain I presume the Jewish population is integrating while keeping their traditions and frantically trying to breed back up.
In that case, I'd imagine the Jewish population would be rather similar to the European one in Egypt during the days of the monarchy; a minority trying to live in harmony with a far more numerous local population. The 1930s riots would have probably soured relations, but with the British trying to keep the Arabs from going to war and the Israeli dream dead, it would probably transition to a more multicultural Levantine nation-state with Arab and Hebrew identities, with the Arab government encouraged to keep the Jews via grants at first and later via the brain injection/investment by the better-off Jewish population.

There would still be some issues with religious and historic locations, but with a far greater Arab population (no '48 nakba) and whatever government in Jerusalem being encouraged to keep the Jews, it would be in the best interest of the authorities to keep everything nice and orderly.

If we're indeed talking about a Greater Jordan, rather than an independent Palestinian/Levantine Republic, Jordan would be a lot stronger ITTL; more coastline access, control of the Holy Land, prestige of association with the A4 powers, etc...

What is the air force of India and America like by the modern day (stealth fighter technologies, fighters used, hypersonic bombers, perhaps a tech advantage over OTL?)

In terms of individual solder equipment, what is the modern day equipment of an A4 or Indian soldier, compared to OTL contemporary armies of the "developed world." Are exoskeleton armor, or at least early prototypes in use given the different nature of this timelines warfare and the fact it would probably suit A4 needs?

How developed is the economy of India overall by the modern day, say, compared to China, Japan South Korea (I am talking these three countries OTL)?

How is India's domestic defense industry (not talking about nukes, but rather Tanks, Figthers, bombers, and ships.)

In terms of skylines, which cities have the highest skyscrapers, what could be this timelines dubai (I actually think somewhere in India could be a sort of Dubai equivalent)

Does India have high speed rail similar to the US, what status are they in rail transport, and will they catch up to A4 rail technology?

Also @CalBear sorry for the ping, but just thought I would say, great story, I read it in its entirety in my free time, generally I read things in bits and pieces but this was engaging enough for me to not be able to put it down

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
lol. Madame Adrienne Énorme.
Well,

1579035767931.png

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
What is the air force of India and America like by the modern day (stealth fighter technologies, fighters used, hypersonic bombers, perhaps a tech advantage over OTL?)

In terms of individual solder equipment, what is the modern day equipment of an A4 or Indian soldier, compared to OTL contemporary armies of the "developed world." Are exoskeleton armor, or at least early prototypes in use given the different nature of this timelines warfare and the fact it would probably suit A4 needs?

How developed is the economy of India overall by the modern day, say, compared to China, Japan South Korea (I am talking these three countries OTL)?

How is India's domestic defense industry (not talking about nukes, but rather Tanks, Figthers, bombers, and ships.)

In terms of skylines, which cities have the highest skyscrapers, what could be this timelines dubai (I actually think somewhere in India could be a sort of Dubai equivalent)

Does India have high speed rail similar to the US, what status are they in rail transport, and will they catch up to A4 rail technology?

Also @CalBear sorry for the ping, but just thought I would say, great story, I read it in its entirety in my free time, generally I read things in bits and pieces but this was engaging enough for me to not be able to put it down
India's economy is on a par with OTL China, insofar as it is the second wealthiest and climbing. The standard of living, however, is in general close to the U.S. circa 1965-70 (strong middle class, not too great of an income gap, good educational system supported by the government) making it considerably more "Western" than the PRC, although there is a undercurrent of unrest that may be worse than the U.S. Civil Rights Movement. What keeps it in check is a lot of government effort and the wealth from the seabed mining.

The A4's primary heavy conventional bomber is the SB-1 platform and its various improved models. It is a true space plane, take off from a runway, reach into "outer space" (i.e. 100km/62 miles)come back into the atmosphere at around MACH 9, strike and be gone before anyone knew they were there. There are other more conventional medium and fighter bomber designs used by both the A4 and India, stealth is not quite as advanced as IOTL since strategic strike is built around orbital and Lunar deterrents. The A4 & India have very good SAM systems, although ABM isn't really a major issue giving the nature of the potential attack parameters, the need to try to deal with something like the SB-1 series has provided the major players systems close to THAAD/S-500 quality. There are not used in great numbers, the Indians use them around a few major bases and the A4 primarily deploys them to defend the mass drivers, although the are mobile and can be sent to provide SAM umbrellas to deployed forces.

India has a robust manufacturing sector, including "defense contractors", although there is considerably less international arms trading since international warfare is, well, simply not permitted by the A4 (and, truthfully, India, although they are more subtle about it). What you get is international sales of small arms, LAV, some MBT (although most countries sort of see them as a waste of cash, seeing how the A4 can drop kinetic penetrators from the Moon on anyone who REALLY pissed them off), off shore EEZ patrol aircraft and light surface combatants/revenue cutters. India has invested in maglev trains, not to the extremes of the A4, which has gone beyond the transport stage to flinging packages into orbit, but has an extensive network, although somewhat more dependent on nuclear power than Australia or the Western parts of the U.S.

India and the A4 have some very advanced armor, especially the U.S. since it has to maintain a creditable defense along the borders of Western Alaska and support the Korean governments border with China. AANW MBT and IFV are at least on par with the best of OTL, with some of the active defense features a good ways ahead of OTL. Small arms are comparable to OTL, although the "universal" calibers are in the 6-7MM range, the major powers having skipped the 5.56mm stage completely, although the USSR and China use a 7.63x39 intermediate round, the cartridge is relatively unpopular (unlike IOTL, there is no robust USSR proving thousands of AK to "freedom fighters" for a song).

INdia has a number of major cities with impressive skylines

What the enviroment like in this world? are more species better off than otl or worse off, is environment destruction less or worse than otl ?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
In that case, I'd imagine the Jewish population would be rather similar to the European one in Egypt during the days of the monarchy; a minority trying to live in harmony with a far more numerous local population. The 1930s riots would have probably soured relations, but with the British trying to keep the Arabs from going to war and the Israeli dream dead, it would probably transition to a more multicultural Levantine nation-state with Arab and Hebrew identities, with the Arab government encouraged to keep the Jews via grants at first and later via the brain injection/investment by the better-off Jewish population.

There would still be some issues with religious and historic locations, but with a far greater Arab population (no '48 nakba) and whatever government in Jerusalem being encouraged to keep the Jews, it would be in the best interest of the authorities to keep everything nice and orderly.

If we're indeed talking about a Greater Jordan, rather than an independent Palestinian/Levantine Republic, Jordan would be a lot stronger ITTL; more coastline access, control of the Holy Land, prestige of association with the A4 powers, etc...
The Middle East is a very different place. The A4's declared willingness to act to prevent genocides has kept the excesses of even the most despotic leaders in check (as an example, Assad's Syria would never have been allowed the sorts of excesses we've seen IOTL). There is a rather sullen peace in the region, with various groups too afraid of the A4 to go after historical enemies, but also unwilling to let go of generations of hatred. Jews are not being killed in any sort of numbers, but it is not a really positive environment as they are generally a disliked minority.

The A4 ever collapses, or even simply decides to stop playing global policeman, the Mideast will be one of the first place to go sideways.

Deleted member 96212

(Vietnam had long since been recognized as an independent country by the U.S., with Algeria and Morocco following suit by 1955)

Speaking of Vietnam, it was mentioned in the previous thread that Japan was blockaded into defeat; how long did the Japanese hold out, and how bad did it get in the various occupied territories that were under Japanese occupation during the war? Considering the OTL track record of the IJA, was the destruction comparable to the devastation the Nazis forced on much of Europe?

The A4 ever collapses, or even simply decides to stop playing global policeman, the Mideast will be one of the first place to go sideways.

Could the A4 collapse in a meaningful way, or have their influence drastically reduced? Seems to me that barring the Juche-esque regime in China that the A4 are the undisputed global hegemons of the world with no sign of that ending anytime soon.

India's economy is on a par with OTL China, insofar as it is the second wealthiest and climbing. The standard of living, however, is in general close to the U.S. circa 1965-70 (strong middle class, not too great of an income gap, good educational system supported by the government) making it considerably more "Western" than the PRC, although there is a undercurrent of unrest that may be worse than the U.S. Civil Rights Movement. What keeps it in check is a lot of government effort and the wealth from the seabed mining.

The A4's primary heavy conventional bomber is the SB-1 platform and its various improved models. It is a true space plane, take off from a runway, reach into "outer space" (i.e. 100km/62 miles)come back into the atmosphere at around MACH 9, strike and be gone before anyone knew they were there. There are other more conventional medium and fighter bomber designs used by both the A4 and India, stealth is not quite as advanced as IOTL since strategic strike is built around orbital and Lunar deterrents. The A4 & India have very good SAM systems, although ABM isn't really a major issue giving the nature of the potential attack parameters, the need to try to deal with something like the SB-1 series has provided the major players systems close to THAAD/S-500 quality. There are not used in great numbers, the Indians use them around a few major bases and the A4 primarily deploys them to defend the mass drivers, although the are mobile and can be sent to provide SAM umbrellas to deployed forces.

India has a robust manufacturing sector, including "defense contractors", although there is considerably less international arms trading since international warfare is, well, simply not permitted by the A4 (and, truthfully, India, although they are more subtle about it). What you get is international sales of small arms, LAV, some MBT (although most countries sort of see them as a waste of cash, seeing how the A4 can drop kinetic penetrators from the Moon on anyone who REALLY pissed them off), off shore EEZ patrol aircraft and light surface combatants/revenue cutters. India has invested in maglev trains, not to the extremes of the A4, which has gone beyond the transport stage to flinging packages into orbit, but has an extensive network, although somewhat more dependent on nuclear power than Australia or the Western parts of the U.S.

India and the A4 have some very advanced armor, especially the U.S. since it has to maintain a creditable defense along the borders of Western Alaska and support the Korean governments border with China. AANW MBT and IFV are at least on par with the best of OTL, with some of the active defense features a good ways ahead of OTL. Small arms are comparable to OTL, although the "universal" calibers are in the 6-7MM range, the major powers having skipped the 5.56mm stage completely, although the USSR and China use a 7.63x39 intermediate round, the cartridge is relatively unpopular (unlike IOTL, there is no robust USSR proving thousands of AK to "freedom fighters" for a song).

INdia has a number of major cities with impressive skylines
Sorry, a clarifying question.

By armor do you mean tanks or whatnot, or the exoskeleton body armor I was referring too?

Due to hypersonic being more advanced, while Air superiority Fighters, strike fighters, and Fighter/Bombers don't have the stealth tech, with advanced engine tech, are fighters generally faster? (I and not saying hypersonic perse, but entering Mach 2.5-4 ranges, figured that with more advanced engines and an increased focus on rapid strike speed is more relevant ) Does India have a counterparts to SB 9, or is it reliant mostly on Fighter bombers?

Thanks for the fast answers, this might be my favorite timeline, at the very least, it is up there along with "Twin Vipers."

Edit: Sorry for probably irritating questions, but I like niece and geeky details

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
What the enviroment like in this world? are more species better off than otl or worse off, is environment destruction less or worse than otl ?
Things are both better AND worse. Europe's environment is still wrecked, possibly will never really recover. There are BISON grazing on the German plain and the steppes (brought in because they are very resistant to anthrax) and many of the small game animal and fowl speies on the European Peninsula were literally eaten into extinction. China is an utter disaster, the Cabal doesn't much care about the environment (or anything except its long term plans). Africa is somewhat better off, since there is much less call for massive weapon purchases, and much less warfare, there has been less destruction of habitat; this is, however, largely balanced by smoother population increases.

Probably the best news is that far less oil is burned for fuel, so global warming is far less advanced.

Was the Bismarck still sunk in 1941, or was that after the POD. It mentions in the TL that the Germans had two Bismarck Class Battleships?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Speaking of Vietnam, it was mentioned in the previous thread that Japan was blockaded into defeat; how long did the Japanese hold out, and how bad did it get in the various occupied territories that were under Japanese occupation during the war? Considering the OTL track record of the IJA, was the destruction comparable to the devastation the Nazis forced on much of Europe?

Could the A4 collapse in a meaningful way, or have their influence drastically reduced? Seems to me that barring the Juche-esque regime in China that the A4 are the undisputed global hegemons of the world with no sign of that ending anytime soon.
It was very bad in the Pacific. Some areas were liberated much sooner than IOTL (by months, not years) but there was also the need for WAllied forces to defeat the Kwantung Army on the ground and push back Reich elements from the Vladivostok area (which is how the whole Western Alaska occupation/self determination scenario started)

The A4 can collapse fairly easily if it runs out of money. It is way behind the Indians on exploiting the ocean floor for resources while expending much more for space programs. The asteroid mining is the key, it works out and the A4 is in the back for the long term. The A4 can also collapse at the ballot box. A4 countries have high taxes, so far the electorate has, overall, been willing to hang in there, but all it takes is a couple really good political players to get into office on the back of the Tax Cut cash cow, and the funding could dry up. That happens, Katy bar the door.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Was the Bismarck still sunk in 1941, or was that after the POD. It mentions in the TL that the Germans had two Bismarck Class Battleships?
Bismarck was sunk before that PODs, Tirpitz was also mission killed on roughly the same timeline. The KM built two more of the class to go with the seven H-39 class constructed (the last ship in this class was built when serious issues were encountered in the building of the 90,000 ton H-42 class ships).

The A4 can collapse fairly easily if it runs out of money. It is way behind the Indians on exploiting the ocean floor for resources while expending much more for space programs. The asteroid mining is the key, it works out and the A4 is in the back for the long term.

My question about sea floor mining is what is the reason that India is exploiting the ocean floor and the A4 isn't?
A) The A4 has so completely decided on the Asteroids as a solution that they aren't even trying to exploit the ocean floor
B) Sort of tied to A. India has ocean floor exploitation technology that the A4 doesn't. Not sure what kind of tech would make *that* much of a difference, the only one that springs to mind is *biological* alteration to handle the bends
C) Indian workers will work for less on the ocean floor (likely, but I doubt would be a significant part of the cost, and some of the A4s friends would have workers who would work cheaply as well.
D) The Northern Indian Ocean Floor (north of 10 degrees south Latitude) has resources in abundance that no other ocean floor or land area aligned with the A4 has.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
My question about sea floor mining is what is the reason that India is exploiting the ocean floor and the A4 isn't?
A) The A4 has so completely decided on the Asteroids as a solution that they aren't even trying to exploit the ocean floor
B) Sort of tied to A. India has ocean floor exploitation technology that the A4 doesn't. Not sure what kind of tech would make *that* much of a difference, the only one that springs to mind is *biological* alteration to handle the bends
C) Indian workers will work for less on the ocean floor (likely, but I doubt would be a significant part of the cost, and some of the A4s friends would have workers who would work cheaply as well.
D) The Northern Indian Ocean Floor (north of 10 degrees south Latitude) has resources in abundance that no other ocean floor or land area aligned with the A4 has.
India was effectively denied the orbitals, although the A4 was truthful when they promised to provide civilian lift at comparable costs to "do it yourself", that wasn't seen as viable, not in competition with A$ companies with massive government support (pretty much everything used in space is "dual use" so government labs provide a lion's share of the research).

The Indians decided, unsurprisingly, that if they couldn't explore out, they would explore the seabed. It was a really good decision insofar that they are already turning a profit on deep water extraction of minerals and are also pushing the limits of science ever further. The big advantage the Indians have in exploiting the seabed is that the funding that might have gone into lunar bases and colonies has gone into robotics, specifically submarine drones and advanced waldos. Everyone knows the seabed is a gold mine, the problem is that it is just as expensive, and risky to exploit it as any serious space program.

Bismarck was sunk before that PODs, Tirpitz was also mission killed on roughly the same timeline. The KM built two more of the class to go with the seven H-39 class constructed (the last ship in this class was built when serious issues were encountered in the building of the 90,000 ton H-42 class ships).

They built the 90,000 displacement H-42s? Where the hell did those bastards put in for dry dock?

1) Does Perón manages to get into power in Argentina? Is he ruling the country when Argentina sends troops to Europe?

2) Can you describe briefly how the offensive that the Nazis tried into the Middle East from the Caucasus went (if I recall correctly, it was implied that the Allies stopped any attempt of the Axis doing that)?

3) Who ruled France after the death of Petain?

4)Denmark was still a protectorate on the Anglo-Nazi War?

Last edited:
They built the 90,000 displacement H-42s? Where the hell did those bastards put in for dry dock?
Baltic somewhere most likely, by then it would be the only area moderately safe from a visit by the combined allied fleets. Sadly if they could build the wall killing another 10,000 slave's to build an outsized drydock is all to plausible.