The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I see. Did this order of things extend to other groups in the North Caucasus as well, like the Chechens and Dagestanis? Was Nazi domination in the Caucasus brought to an end in the Hot War by way of the A4 rolling over from Iran or was it when Himmler ordered the mass retreat of SS forces from The East in 1959, giving the partisans opportunity to reclaim control of the region?

Oh! And speaking of the Caucuses, I had just thought of ol'Uncle Joe himself. What were the fates of his two children, Vasily Stalin and Svetlana Alliluyeva (who defected to the West OTL)?
It was a combination of Himmler's withdrawal order for most of the region and the WAllied advance toward Baku. Waffen SS put up quite a scrap to hold onto the oil fields and pipelines. Even a ninny like Himmler understood how important oil was. Based on the route of the pipe lines there was chance (not a really good one) to keep oil from the Baku fields arriving even after the Commonwealth offensive cut off the Romanian fields.

Both of Stalin children were "saved" by the Molotov government, They sort of became the symbol of legitimacy for whatever group had taken control of the Politburo. They'd be brought out for the annual May Day and every November 7th to celebrate the Revolution until they died. Valisy's liver gave out in 1968. Svetlana made it into her70s before she died.

How are living standards in Iran and Iraq? I know that nationalization has been crushed but I also heard CalBear say that the infrastructure build up by A4 owned companies has benefitted the local economy quite a lot… And there is no Saddam and Khomenei investing so much of the economy on military or “exporting the revolution.”

Given the fact that Brazil and Argentina became similar to OTL “Asian Tigers” that achieved developed status, do we see any European immigration to those countries? (ie Argentina has a large italian influence and i could see not only Spanish go there but also Italians seeking a better life)

Speaking of a developed Brazil, is the Amazon rainforest better off TTL?

Edit: How is the Caribbean and in particular Venezuela and Cuba TTL? I heard Venezeula is one of the only states (like Nigeria, Mexico) with its own oil supplies? I assume no cold war (so less wacky politics foreign interference) better Latin America (Brazil/Argentina being tigers) and a richer central america too mean it is quite well off?

Last edited:
Speaking about Caucasus and Middle East I have couple questions:

1. How Armenian genocide is viewed? Was Turkey ever enforced to admit that or it is still fiercely denying that?
2. How is Jordan? I owuld assume that it got Palestine Mandate which should benefit its economy. What is status of Jews there? Is Jerusalem capital city of Jordan or is it still in Amman (not impossible since Jerusalem might be too hotsphot even without Israel)?

Last edited:
Alright, here's an interesting question: How would the post-war world of the Anglo-American Nazi War had been different if the Kuomintang had defeated the Cabal in the civil war and retained control of China?

Without the Cabal, the main threat of the canon post-war world wouldn't exist. The Korean War wouldn't happen. In the absence of Cabal China, the worst state on the planet would most likely be the USSR, which would be little more than an ineffective regional annoyance.

I also think that the KMT would want to join the Cooperative of Independent States. They might generally behave similarly to the OTL post-Mao People's Republic of China.

Alright, here's an interesting question: How would the post-war world of the Anglo-American Nazi War had been different if the Kuomintang had defeated the Cabal in the civil war and retained control of China?

Without the Cabal, the main threat of the canon post-war world wouldn't exist. The Korean War wouldn't happen. In the absence of Cabal China, the worst state on the planet would most likely be the USSR, which would be little more than an ineffective regional annoyance.

I also think that the KMT would want to join the Cooperative of Independent States. They might generally behave similarly to the OTL post-Mao People's Republic of China.

Uh...

I doubt Chiang would start the Great Leap Forward or cause a self-inflicted cultural genocide and civil war.

I can imagine the ROC TTL would be a slightly less oppressive place than the OTL Communist party, and with the OTL First World in ruin, he could industrialize much more quickly.

Uh...

I doubt Chiang would start the Great Leap Forward or cause a self-inflicted cultural genocide and civil war.

I can imagine the ROC TTL would be a slightly less oppressive place than the OTL Communist party, and with the OTL First World in ruin, he could industrialize much more quickly.
Probably roughly OTL with the economy (open goal due to so much of the non A4 first world having gone down in utter wreak) but probably an illiberal democracy like say Singapore.

You probably also see common sense efforts to slow but not arrest population growth (unlike Mao and the Cabal's attempt to encourage it and Deng's time bomb from the OTL attempt to arrest it), minority rights and probably a "peaceful rise" that is actually what it says it is.

You probably also see common sense efforts to slow but not arrest population growth (unlike Mao and the Cabal's attempt to encourage it and Deng's time bomb from the OTL attempt to arrest it), minority rights and probably a "peaceful rise" that is actually what it says it is.

It's really ridiculous how overhyped overpopulation was OTL.

Imagine telling someone in 1973 who had just seen Soylent Green that within fifty years, there are many parts of the world where there more funerals than first birthday parties.

It's really ridiculous how overhyped overpopulation was OTL.

Imagine telling someone in 1973 who had just seen Soylent Green that within fifty years, there are many parts of the world where there more funerals than first birthday parties.
TBF part of that was that birth control became acceptable and also People did pay attention to the various studies and acted to arrest the problem before it became species threatening.

China OTL went a bit to far in their efforts and is now paying for it. ITTL they went the other way and if they don't catch an orbital bombardment they'll be paying for having to many mouths to feed eventually.

TBF part of that was that birth control became acceptable and also People did pay attention to the various studies and acted to arrest the problem before it became species threatening.

But it's weird to see many countries facing the opposite problem.
China OTL went a bit to far in their efforts and is now paying for it. ITTL they went the other way and if they don't catch an orbital bombardment they'll be paying for having to many mouths to feed eventually.

The problem is, as Amartya Sen pointed out and as he observed in famine-stricken Bengal, dictatorships are terrible at distributing services due to the lack of accountability.

The government of China can encourage overpopulation for the same reason the Soviets drained the Aral Sea: because nobody can tell them no.

Alright, here's a truly nasty idea: What would happen if the A4 encountered a nation which it despised, yet could do nothing about due to that nation having its own "Sword of Damocales" preventing the A4 from defeating them? Effectively, an "anti-A4."

In particular, I'm thinking that Japan from The Ultimate Weapon would act as a very good example of an "anti-A4." https://www.deviantart.com/quantumbranching/art/The-Ultimate-Weapon-174193459 So, lets say that a teleportation experiment gone wrong ISOTs the Japanese Empire into the world of AANW sometime after Stettin was destroyed.

-Japan is literally an Axis power, and it's propping up a German nationalist dictatorship (or at least it was before the ISOT.) The A4 is not going to like that.

-Australia, Western Alaska, and Hawaii have been removed from A4 control. The A4 will really not like that.

-The A4's ability to shoot down enemy missiles has been rendered useless by the titular ultimate weapon. If the A4 tries to attack Japan, Japan can instantly destroy A4 cities, and there is no defense against it.

-The A4's policy of maintaining unilateral control of space has been rendered unenforceable, because Japan is capable of teleporting things to other star systems. The A4 is quite simply no longer the master of space. Oh, and Japan is mentioned to have military space bases of its own.

Last edited:
Alright, here's a truly nasty idea: What would happen if the A4 encountered a nation which it despised, yet could do nothing about due to that nation having its own "Sword of Damocales" preventing the A4 from defeating them? Effectively, an "anti-A4."

In particular, I'm thinking that Japan from The Ultimate Weapon would act as a very good example of an "anti-A4." https://www.deviantart.com/quantumbranching/art/The-Ultimate-Weapon-174193459 So, lets say that a teleportation experiment gone wrong ISOTs the Japanese Empire into the world of AANW sometime after Stettin was destroyed.

-Japan is literally an Axis power, and it's propping up a German nationalist dictatorship (or at least it was before the ISOT.) The A4 is not going to like that.

-Australia, Western Alaska, and Hawaii have been removed from A4 control. The A4 will really not like that.

-The A4's ability to shoot down enemy missiles has been rendered useless by the titular ultimate weapon. If the A4 tries to attack Japan, Japan can instantly destroy A4 cities, and there is no defense against it.

-The A4's policy of maintaining unilateral control of space has been rendered unenforceable, because Japan is capable of teleporting things to other star systems. The A4 is quite simply no longer the master of space. Oh, and Japan is mentioned to have military space bases of its own.

(Shuddering)

This would not only be bad for the A4, but the world of AANW would collapse into chaos by the resulting power vacuum.

You know, I still think its funny how this timeline is full of a somewhat dated 2000s mindset in terms of its events. I'm not sure how intentional it is, but its funny regardless.

-A terror-inducing evil political figure launches a plane-based attack on New York and Washington D.C., sending the USA on a patriotic roaring rampage of revenge. Never forget!

-Much of the American public has an immense distrust of Arabs Germans due to the attacks and the war.

-The kind of but kind of not post-racial USA sends its fairly badass military all over the world as part of a global War on Terror War on Genocide, even as controversies surrounding the actions of the military emerge.

-The Constellation program moon base program bears fruit.

-Hillary Clinton is elected in 2008 Melissa Anderson becomes the first female President of the United States as a Democrat.

-A somewhat substantial number of right-wing anti government types in rural areas who think 9/11 was fake want the wars to end. There is also a substantial number of left-wingers who are opposed to the Iraq War also want the wars to end.

-Britain is America's best friend, while France has tense relations with America.

(Speaking of which, since France was an anti-American dictatorship for several decades, are French fries permanently called Freedom Fries ITTL? That's a serious question.)

-Iran is invaded for its oil.

-There is an evil rogue state that seems like it has been pulled straight out of a Tom Clancy novel and is planning to end the world through bioterrorism.

-The Forces Of Evil take over part of Korea and try to seize control of the whole Peninsula, only for the USA to invade and defeat North Korea the rebels.

-Russia is a dysfunctional, disunited mess, but elements of it seem threatening.