The XK-BAM map series

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2018-7-22_11-34-45.png

If you have no idea what me, Frank and Klime are talking about, this is the 2K-BAM, 2048 px across, 1024 px wide. This will be a thing that we are working on. It'll be sort of like the Worlda of this series.
This is the progress so far. I'm working on Greenland and MOTHER RUSSIA

View attachment 398212
And even more progress.
@Klime , do you think that we should make a seperate thread for this project?
Having an XK-BAM series thread would probably be better, do you know if there's a way to rename threads?
I'd like to help as well, I really like the 2K BAM
I'll send you the dev version, it would probably be best to keep everybody working on different continents to start off with so that we can avoid conflicts.

Can someone also do a 1776 8K-BAM as well?
I won't try to map the entire world before 1890 (I could maybe stretch to 1870 at a push) without help.
That said, the Americas would most likely be doable without too much trouble, Europe looks problematic (because HRE) but I could attempt it if someone could find a good enough map.
So I could probably get the Americas done, but I would need help to do more than that.

Gian

Banned
I won't try to map the entire world before 1890 (I could maybe stretch to 1870 at a push) without help.
That said, the Americas would most likely be doable without too much trouble, Europe looks problematic (because HRE) but I could attempt it if someone could find a good enough map.
So I could probably get the Americas done, but I would need help to do more than that.

I think I did the United States, plus Canada for 1796 (at least for my new TL I'm currently writing), so there's that. All you have to do is just modify that to fit those needs:
teIqYqI.png

I think I did the United States, plus Canada for 1796 (at least for my new TL I'm currently writing), so there's that. All you have to do is just modify that to fit those needs:
teIqYqI.png
The Drainage basin boundaries of Canada (specifically Upper Canada) might need a little bit of work, other than that I think this is correct, this might take me a bit as I need to find shapefiles for the drainage basins, etc.
There won't be much in terms of administrative divisions that far back, but the US should at least receive it's counties.

I find a 7200*3600 equirectangular map with rivers on it. why don't we have a 7200*3600 political map too, any way? one degree longitude or latitude euqals 20 px on map, so you can calculate position on you map according to coordinate easily.
Because that's huge. It's roughly twice the size of the QBAM when much of the cartography on this site is done in very precise pixel work. Honestly I find a 1204×650 map to be enough work as it is.

so I went through the map simply called "8K BAM.png" in the google drive linked on the first post and noticed the following coloring errors:
1) the wrong black colors are used for the nation borders, coasts, and lakes for various parts of south africa and some surrounding countries
2) Tunisia has some incorrectly colored land spaces
3) The bottom pixel of Montserrat is Terra Nulis color (2680, 1548)