They will find/invent something. As long as the press can divert people's attentions from what's actually going on they will have achieved their primary purpose.;)

Of course. Actually, I meant the Daily Express, since they are the main reporters of the Diana Conspiracy. The Daily Mail's main mission is apparently to divide all inanimate objects into those that cause cancer and those that cure it.

On a more serious note, I wonder how the Murdoch Empire is doing ITTL. In particular, does News Corporation still manage to buy the Times and Sunday Times from Lord Thomson of Fleet.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

However, since environmentalism is even more robust in the early 1970s, I'm sure that would result in Cleveland becoming a testbed for more sustainable industry.

IMHO, if business leaders had played their cards right and worked together, northern Ohio could have really become a hub for green technology -- Cleveland's history of precision machinery could have been parlayed into wind turbine production; Akron's polymer expertise (an outgrowth of the rubber industry) and Toledo's glass industry could perhaps be applied to solar cells; Eveready still has a research center in suburban Cleveland, and East Cleveland is still home to GE's lighting division, though most, if not all, of the production facilities have long since closed.

Out of curiosity, which team do you root for IOTL? Did you switch to the Penguins after the Barons left? Or did you stubbornly hold out until the Blue Jackets arrived?

With next to no hockey coverage from the time the Barons left till the IHL Muskegon Lumberjacks moved to Cleveland in 1992, it was more of a matter of hockey becoming an unrequited love, though I'd have to say my primary rooting interest would be the Red Wings. They used to be carried on WJR AM, which was really picked up well in Cleveland. Of course, plenty of Leafs games could be had over the radio as well. As for the Pens, the signal doesn't carry too well across the hills, and, well, it's Pittsburgh.

These days, my primary rooting interests are my kids' teams, the team from the HS where my DH teaches, and the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL). My NHL loyalties are still divided between the Wings and Leafs. If they meet for the Cup, I will have a dilemma, though I might fall on the side of the Leafs out of deference to my DH, who's half-Canadian. As for the Blue Jackets, well, one, they're the Blue Jackets -- not much to root for, though you've got to respect a team owner who publicly apologizes to the fans for the team sucking -- and two, there's no great affinity for Columbus in Cleveland. (I could go on about the divisions in Ohio -- a big part of why we're a swing state -- short version, northern Ohio was settled by New Englanders, and southern Ohio by Virginians.)

But Cleveland is also a border city, and therefore you were able to receive the Canadian networks on antenna. This means that, ITTL, you'd be able to watch The Final Frontier via the original CBC broadcasts in 1971. (What station did you get in Cleveland, anyway? Was it CBET from Windsor, or CFPL from London, or another station entirely?)

We got CFPL, but not that well, unless you had a big, fancy antenna that could be rotated, like the one my neighbors had. And once we got cable and ditched the rooftop antenna, there was no picking it up at all -- I gather cable in London carried at least some Cleveland stations, but most of the cable systems (I think all but one) in the Cleveland area didn't include channel 10.

I always picture Cleveland as being like the American equivalent of Rotherham, by analogy to how Pittsburgh is Sheffield.

I don't think Clevelanders would appreciate being compared to a suburb of Pittsburgh -- unless, maybe, the two cities have an intense football rivalry. Back when my husband still worked summers at the local Boy Scout camp, there was a troop from the Cleveland suburb of Middleburgh Heights who had established a link (maybe at a World Jamboree?) with a troop from Middlesbrough, which was then in Cleveland county. Middlesbrough might be a better comparison, from what I can tell from its Wikipedia entry -- also an iron and steel town, but on the water, and less important than it once was. Unfortunately, Cleveland's football team doesn't win championships. :(

Thande

Donor
I don't think Clevelanders would appreciate being compared to a suburb of Pittsburgh -- unless, maybe, the two cities have an intense football rivalry. Back when my husband still worked summers at the local Boy Scout camp, there was a troop from the Cleveland suburb of Middleburgh Heights who had established a link (maybe at a World Jamboree?) with a troop from Middlesbrough, which was then in Cleveland county. Middlesbrough might be a better comparison, from what I can tell from its Wikipedia entry -- also an iron and steel town, but on the water, and less important than it once was. Unfortunately, Cleveland's football team doesn't win championships. :(

Well, Rotherham would deny being a suburb of Sheffield ;) And they do have a very nice new football stadium with an ironic name at least...

rotherham-new-york-stadium-external-view.jpg

Yes, I know; it's because the piece of land it was built on was called New York, probably no connection to the American city...

Well, Rotherham would deny being a suburb of Sheffield ;)
I forget how much smaller distances are over there... Cleveland's suburban area stretches about twice as far as the distance from Sheffield to Rotherham.

LOL at the stadium! (at least its name) It has the right colors, though:
Cleveland-Browns-Logo-11.jpg

:)

I just learned that radio media icon, racist, and Raul Julia mustache aficionado Anthony Cumia's parents (he grew up in a dysfunctional house with parents who always fought) would come to a truce while watching Laugh-In and would laugh together.

So alternate reality Anthony Cumia of the Opie and Anthony show grows up with a sh*ttier childhood.

Interesting...

Can't wait to see the implications of the ongoing Lucas case...

NCW8, interestingly enough, from the RC point of view, no valid marriage took place for the Troubridge match for the future Princess Michael.

Perhaps - although that is quite a ways after the Yank Years. As for the name, I prefer "Luballa" (by analogy to rubella) or even "Luballu" :D

Well yes, but it's possible for a character like the Rani to appear earlier than in OTL. She might even be played by Kate O'Mara - she had a role in the BBC series The Brothers in the mid Seventies.

Angela Bowie (the actress; Claire Barnett was her character's name)

Doh ! I was trying so hard to use actor names rather than characters.

... is extremely unpopular (we're talking Adric-level here, if not even more so) and as she was forced on the producers, they'll want to be rid of her as soon as humanly possible after Desilu pulls out.

Maybe Colin Baker is a better example. He was sacked by BBC management in an attempt to refresh the show.

Ahhh. Not so continuity-minded as we were led to believe... so much the better :cool:

I'd say that for Who, continuity of character is more important than continuity of events and settings. It's easy to find contradictions between stories over such a long perioed of time. The new series handwaves this.

Like Trek, there are different sorts of fans. There are those (like the Puritans ITTL) who obsess about details (there have even been complaints that the Tardis windows are the wrong size in the new series). For the first fifteen years or so, Doctor Who was a very mainstream show (even the Queen is supposed to be a fan) so the more extreme fans weren't very influential.

After about twenty years that changed of course. Most of the writers and producers on the show grew up with the series. Once the fans have taken over the show, Continuity becomes more important, so you have more references back to previous episodes and more story arcs. There's a similar evolution in Star Trek, where the spin-off series are more concerned with continuity than the original series.

Cheers,
Nigel.

IMHO, if business leaders had played their cards right and worked together, northern Ohio could have really become a hub for green technology -- Cleveland's history of precision machinery could have been parlayed into wind turbine production; Akron's polymer expertise (an outgrowth of the rubber industry) and Toledo's glass industry could perhaps be applied to solar cells; Eveready still has a research center in suburban Cleveland, and East Cleveland is still home to GE's lighting division, though most, if not all, of the production facilities have long since closed.
Perhaps a certain young mayor might have been able to help.

Thank you all once again for the volume and the frequency of your posts! It always brings me such joy to respond to such insightful observations and hypotheses...

How about Florida. Only Tampa gets a pro sports team among the major sports by 1986, your determined end date. But, the AIP rise could have some ipact in the NFL's decision whether to put a team there or not. Perhaps Phoenix is considered instead? Then again Miami already had a team so perhaps it's not as bad. (And I don't think of Florida as a hotbed of racism in the '60s, anyway, though from reading "I Had A Hammer," Hank Aaron's book, there clearly was a lot in spring training in the '50s. Tampa reportedly didn't get the Giants in '93 because the then-league president vetoed the move out of bitterness over their treatment of blacks in spring training back then.)
Florida was a far less populous state in the 1970s than it is today, and far more dominated by the native Floridians, particularly in the Northern part of the state, which even to this day is still culturally part of the Deep South. Obviously, the AIP isn't going to be winning statewide as they would in Alabama or Georgia, what with the Cubans and the Northeast transplants flooding in, but... well, I'm going to be devoting an entire update to the demographic situation, so I'll save the finer details until then :)

DTF955Baseballfan said:
Speaking of Cleveland sports, as a fan of the Indians, I wonder if you could get a comedy movie like Major League earlier in TTL with some political undertones about moving the team (the villainous owner wanted to get the team to lose and not draw fans so she could move the team to Miami - insert LeBron James joke here:))
Funny thing about the Indians. IOTL, one year before they were sold by Vernon Stouffer to Nick Mileti, one George M. Steinbrenner put in a bid for them. When that bid was rejected, he of course went on to mount a successful bid for the New York Yankees, and the rest is baseball history. But ITTL? Well, that's another story :D

I was thinking about Deep Space - even though Roddenberry is involved, it's not Star Trek, so will it still have the utopian ideals or might we see some space religion like the Bajorans had on OTL's DS9?
Excellent question. We will find out more about this in the next overview update, when we discuss the overarching themes of Deep Space.

Very interesting update, Brainbin. At least Canada tries to go for some good in TTL. :cool:
Thank you, Dan! And yes, Canada pushed for the Ottawa Accord under Stanfield ITTL instead of devising a "Commonwealth flag" as Trudeau did IOTL (and therefore the Union Flag remains the de facto symbol of the Commonwealth). Ironically, given that Australia helped to shepherd the present-day Perth Agreement IOTL, my original draft (which had the Ottawa Accord taking off and becoming law in the various Commonwealth Parliaments) had Australia as the last Commonwealth Realm to pass the bill, which (in one of the allohistorical illusions I'm saddest to have lost the chance to make) would have been granted Royal Assent on November 11, 1975.

The OTL, equivalent, of course, was Prince Michael of Kent, who got married in 1978 to Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz, who was not only Catholic but divorced as well. Their childrend remain in the line of succession since they (like Princess Anne's children TTL) have been raised as Anglicans.
Absolutely true. Though I was inspired by Prince Michael's Russophilia in choosing his TTL bride: Princess Natalia Romanova, daughter of Prince Nicholas, (disputed) claimant to the Russian Imperial Throne from 1992. Of course, the Act of Settlement does not prohibit those on the line of succession from marrying people of the Orthodox faith.

NCW8 said:
Britain isn't in the EU and there's no Diana Death Conspiracy ! What on earth is the Daily Mail going to report on ?
Don't worry, it'll still have immigrants to complain about :p

Nice update, was glad I could help.
Thank you, Thande! I always appreciate your help :)

Very nice and believable update. Fairly glad that Charles's marriage will be much happier TTL (albeit not idyllic).
Thank you, Professor! It should be very nice to have a Queen for the next King, as opposed to a "Princess Consort" :p

The Professor said:
Always thought he got unfairly treated by the public since whatshername was so much more mediafriendly and savvy than him.
I absolutely and completely agree, without reservation. I have more that I'd like to say along those lines, but I think it's best if I leave it at that.

The Professor said:
He'll probably have an affair that may go public and be the scandal of its day but he may come out of it alright.
He'll be very discreet about his... indiscretions, much like Edward VII was. Granted, that'll be much harder to pull off in a far more unscrupulous and media-saturated era. You're probably right in that eventually someone will want to tell all. Fortunately for me, that won't be happening until after 1986 :cool:

On a more serious note, I wonder how the Murdoch Empire is doing ITTL. In particular, does News Corporation still manage to buy the Times and Sunday Times from Lord Thomson of Fleet.
It looks like the Times were facing extremely tough times in the late-1970s IOTL, but of course that was in circumstances which have been completely butterflied away ITTL. I want to say that Lord Thomson keeps the Times, if only because he is one of the very few Canadians who has a peerage, on account of that accursed Nickle Resolution... :mad:

Thanks for the warm welcome!
You are most welcome! :)

Spectator said:
Well, I must say, that really does sound like the perfect storm for a sustainable energy industry! A shame it was never exploited to its full potential IOTL.

Spectator said:
With next to no hockey coverage from the time the Barons left till the IHL Muskegon Lumberjacks moved to Cleveland in 1992, it was more of a matter of hockey becoming an unrequited love, though I'd have to say my primary rooting interest would be the Red Wings. They used to be carried on WJR AM, which was really picked up well in Cleveland. Of course, plenty of Leafs games could be had over the radio as well. As for the Pens, the signal doesn't carry too well across the hills, and, well, it's Pittsburgh.
Ah yes, of course! I keep forgetting how close Detroit is to Cleveland as well. And the Red Wings are one of the Original Six - there were probably still plenty of Red Wings fans living in Ohio through the 1980s and 1990s IOTL. But ITTL, the 1980s will cement the Battle of Ohio extending into hockey as well as baseball and football.

Spectator said:
These days, my primary rooting interests are my kids' teams, the team from the HS where my DH teaches, and the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL). My NHL loyalties are still divided between the Wings and Leafs. If they meet for the Cup, I will have a dilemma, though I might fall on the side of the Leafs out of deference to my DH, who's half-Canadian.
The Leafs? Compete in the Stanley Cup Finals? Surely you jest. They couldn't even maintain a three-point lead for a single period. That's a Toronto team for you :rolleyes:

Spectator said:
As for the Blue Jackets, well, one, they're the Blue Jackets -- not much to root for, though you've got to respect a team owner who publicly apologizes to the fans for the team sucking -- and two, there's no great affinity for Columbus in Cleveland.
Hey, they almost made the playoffs this year! Not too shabby for a perpetual also-ran team. Besides, there's always next year :)

Spectator said:
We got CFPL, but not that well, unless you had a big, fancy antenna that could be rotated, like the one my neighbors had. And once we got cable and ditched the rooftop antenna, there was no picking it up at all -- I gather cable in London carried at least some Cleveland stations, but most of the cable systems (I think all but one) in the Cleveland area didn't include channel 10.
CFPL disaffiliated from the CBC in 1988, so perhaps that might have played a part. I realize most households had cable by then, but it's something.

Well, Rotherham would deny being a suburb of Sheffield ;)
I decided to check, and in fact Cleveland has been more populous than Pittsburgh since the Civil War - and of the two respective metropolitan areas, that of Cleveland has been larger from the 1960s. Therefore, in no respect could Cleveland be described as a suburb of Pittsburgh, demographically speaking.

I just learned that radio media icon, racist, and Raul Julia mustache aficionado Anthony Cumia's parents (he grew up in a dysfunctional house with parents who always fought) would come to a truce while watching Laugh-In and would laugh together.

So alternate reality Anthony Cumia of the Opie and Anthony show grows up with a sh*ttier childhood.
Thank you for sharing that detail, Your Imperial Majesty! Though I'm not particularly sure how deprived he would be ITTL, since Laugh-In ran for just as long as it did IOTL. George Schlatter just left partway through, that's all. Perhaps the quality of the writing declined somewhat without his guidance, but it wouldn't be precipitous. By and large, his childhood will remain intact. Though I'll be honest, I did not know he was that old; he always struck me as younger. You learn something new every day!

Interesting...
Thank you, Franscisco! I'm glad you think so :)

Francisco Cojuanco said:
Can't wait to see the implications of the ongoing Lucas case...
And I can't wait to show them to all of you!

After about twenty years that changed of course. Most of the writers and producers on the show grew up with the series. Once the fans have taken over the show, Continuity becomes more important, so you have more references back to previous episodes and more story arcs. There's a similar evolution in Star Trek, where the spin-off series are more concerned with continuity than the original series.
Part of this is cultural, of course. Continuity wasn't a big deal for anything in the 1960s, except for soap operas. In fact, Star Trek was one of the most continuity-minded shows of its era. By the late-1980s, the precedents of Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law, and (of course) the primetime soaps like Dallas and Dynasty made it clear that purely episodic Gilligan-style serialization was simply unacceptable. And, in fact, many people have complained that certain of the spinoffs have been known to overuse the reset button.

Perhaps a certain young mayor might have been able to help.
Perhaps. But it wouldn't have been Jerry Springer, if that's who you were thinking; he was the Mayor of Cincinnati, not Cleveland.

I think Orville may be referring to the "Boy Mayor" of Cleveland and eventual far-left Presidential candidate, Dennis Kucinich. While Kucinich did have a very strong environmental record as a Congressman, it would take a lot of butterflies (think Monarch migration!) to have him in an appropriate position of power when green energy was taking off, even considering that that's likely to happen earlier ITTL:

• He won election to mayor by only 3,000 votes.

• A few months after Kucinich brought in a new police chief (Richard Hongisto, from San Francisco -- a guy you'd think would be right up Kucinich's alley -- per his obituary, he worked to get more women, minorities, and gays hired as San Francisco police chief and was later fired as sheriff there for refusing to evict poor people), he fired Hongisto on local TV. (Hongisto accused the Kucinich administration of unethical practices; Kucinich accused Hongisto of cozying up to the police bureaucracy he had been hired to clean up.) The move triggered a recall election that Kucinich survived by only about 250 votes of 120,000 cast.

• Local business leaders wanted the city to sell Cleveland Municipal Light to the much larger (and for-profit) Cleveland Electric Illuminating Co. When Kucinich refused, Cleveland Trust called in the city's loans, hoping to pressure him into a sale, but Kucinich took the city into default rather than sell Muny Light. The default used up whatever political capital Kucinich had left.

• OTOH, the default may have saved his life -- the Cleveland Mafia (which still held plenty of power at this point -- Kucinich was elected only about a month after the bombing of Danny Greene, portrayed in the movie Kill the Irishman) is said to have put a hit out on Kucinich which was called off when the default killed him off politically.

Part of this is cultural, of course. Continuity wasn't a big deal for anything in the 1960s, except for soap operas. In fact, Star Trek was one of the most continuity-minded shows of its era. By the late-1980s, the precedents of Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law, and (of course) the primetime soaps like Dallas and Dynasty made it clear that purely episodic Gilligan-style serialization was simply unacceptable. And, in fact, many people have complained that certain of the spinoffs have been known to overuse the reset button.

True. Although continuity had started in the '70s, even with the Mary Tyler Moore Show, there were still some holdovers even into the early '90s, such as when "Full House" made abrupt changes with a few individual episodes for plot purposes. Although you can still have continuity if you figure things like Jesse faking his graduation and lying to cover it up, which seems plausible for him. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=251455 - e-mail fullhousechron (at aol.com for full document or download from yahoo group fullhousefreaks)

So, given the cultural change, someone will probably do a Stark Trek Chronology, and try to tie it in with Dr. Who, but it might not be as detailed. (Someone else actually did a Hogan's Heroes one http://hh.wikia.com/wiki/Series_Timeline - and I thought I had a tough time getting a few episodes that had to be out of sequence witht eh FH one I helped put together)

Last edited:
As we are arriving at the 80's... how Cosmos and Knight Rider will fare?

and don't forget my insistence that you deal with Desi Arnaz Jr.'s career and Automan.

I still insist that in OTL the show Automan was a pivot event in the development of 80s television.

and don't forget my insistence that you deal with Desi Arnaz Jr.'s career and Automan.

I still insist that in OTL the show Automan was a pivot event in the development of 80s television.

That was influenced by Tron, wasn't it ? With a different evolution of computer games ITTL, I wonder how butterflies have affected that film.

Cheers,
Nigel.

That was influenced by Tron, wasn't it ? With a different evolution of computer games ITTL, I wonder how butterflies have affected that film.

Cheers,
Nigel.
One wonders if TTL's Disney would approve of it. (Hopefully.)
One also wonders if Livermore would let TRON film there for a few scenes.

I think Orville may be referring to the "Boy Mayor" of Cleveland and eventual far-left Presidential candidate, Dennis Kucinich. While Kucinich did have a very strong environmental record as a Congressman, it would take a lot of butterflies (think Monarch migration!) to have him in an appropriate position of power when green energy was taking off, even considering that that's likely to happen earlier ITTL:

• He won election to mayor by only 3,000 votes.

• A few months after Kucinich brought in a new police chief (Richard Hongisto, from San Francisco -- a guy you'd think would be right up Kucinich's alley -- per his obituary, he worked to get more women, minorities, and gays hired as San Francisco police chief and was later fired as sheriff there for refusing to evict poor people), he fired Hongisto on local TV. (Hongisto accused the Kucinich administration of unethical practices; Kucinich accused Hongisto of cozying up to the police bureaucracy he had been hired to clean up.) The move triggered a recall election that Kucinich survived by only about 250 votes of 120,000 cast.

• Local business leaders wanted the city to sell Cleveland Municipal Light to the much larger (and for-profit) Cleveland Electric Illuminating Co. When Kucinich refused, Cleveland Trust called in the city's loans, hoping to pressure him into a sale, but Kucinich took the city into default rather than sell Muny Light. The default used up whatever political capital Kucinich had left.

• OTOH, the default may have saved his life -- the Cleveland Mafia (which still held plenty of power at this point -- Kucinich was elected only about a month after the bombing of Danny Greene, portrayed in the movie Kill the Irishman) is said to have put a hit out on Kucinich which was called off when the default killed him off politically.
Ah, yes, of course. Kucinich. Thank you for sharing this information about his OTL tenure as Mayor, though of course you're right in that he would take office far too late to claim any credit for the "Manufacturing Miracle" of the 1970s. The last Mayor of Cleveland who is unaffected by butterflies is Carl Stokes, the first African-American mayor of a major US city (at the time, Cleveland was one of the ten biggest cities in the country, which shows you just how far it has fallen IOTL). He even (narrowly) defeated a Taft to win office, in fact, and he'll eagerly work alongside the Humphrey administration in attempting to revitalize the industry of Cleveland. I note that, IOTL, he left office in 1971, though it is not clear as to whether he retired or was defeated. If he were to stay on ITTL, that would provide the opening needed to steer Cleveland in a whole new direction...

Brainbin, I'm eagerly awaiting your take on Star Trek XII: So Very Angsty. :D
Your comment inspired me to post to the official thread in NPC about it; suffice it to say, I hadn't seen it yet at the time you posted that, I still haven't seen it, and I'm not likely to see it (but thanks for the advice anyway, Thande). I note that box-office returns have been lower than expected, about which I'm rather ambivalent.

True. Although continuity had started in the '70s, even with the Mary Tyler Moore Show, there were still some holdovers even into the early '90s, such as when "Full House" made abrupt changes with a few individual episodes for plot purposes. Although you can still have continuity if you figure things like Jesse faking his graduation and lying to cover it up, which seems plausible for him. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=251455 - e-mail fullhousechron (at aol.com for full document or download from yahoo group fullhousefreaks)
You have a good point, though a rather curious one. In the 1970s it was the sitcoms (many of which I've alluded to in this timeline, including All in the Family, its spinoffs, and - as you note - the shows in the MTM stable) that were more continuity-minded. The dramatic series, on the other hand (the genre that, since the 1980s, has been far more associated with slavish devotion to continuity and to running storylines), were more episodic in the 1970s. They switched places in the following decade, and ever since, sitcoms have been more lax about that sort of thing. It's not surprising that many view the 1970s as the greatest-ever decade for sitcoms, in retrospect.

DTF955Baseballfan said:
So, given the cultural change, someone will probably do a Star Trek Chronology, and try to tie it in with Dr. Who, but it might not be as detailed. (Someone else actually did a Hogan's Heroes one http://hh.wikia.com/wiki/Series_Timeline - and I thought I had a tough time getting a few episodes that had to be out of sequence witht eh FH one I helped put together)
What is it with Hogan's Heroes fans and this thread, anyway? Is that what all of you were watching instead of The Brady Bunch? :confused:

As we are arriving at the 80's... how Cosmos and Knight Rider will fare?
Glad you're still reading, Richter! We'll hear about Carl Sagan ITTL, don't you worry about that! But Knight Rider? Well, there's only one way to find out!

Duly noted. I won't forget about it; though, of course, I reserve the right to choose not to focus on it :p

We'll find out a lot more about games and computer technology in the 1980-81 cycle. Tron, of course, came out in 1982 (the annus mirabilis of science-fiction films) IOTL.

One wonders if TTL's Disney would approve of it. (Hopefully.)
Funnily enough, we'll also be hearing more about the Mouse House in the 1980-81 cycle, as well. And in the cycles that follow, too. Disney didn't do a whole lot in the 1970s (IOTL or ITTL), but it's going to be much harder to ignore them in the 1980s, regardless of whether their projects turn out to be successes or failures.

---

The very next update is currently in the planning stages. It will reunite me with my two consultants on the space program - and the two co-authors of Eyes Turned Skyward, to which they have graciously invited me to contribute in the past, and in the future - e of pi and truth is life. With their help, I was able to produce what I still regard as one of my very finest posts: Into the Final Frontier (over a year ago now, to boot!). I hope to do that update justice in writing this upcoming quasi-sequel, so it may not be quite as prompt as I might have originally hoped. Fortunately, both of my consultants are coming off rather time-consuming personal obligations at the moment, so I should be able to pester them with much greater frequency. In the meantime, I strongly urge any of you with an interest in space exploration and travel to visit that thread, which is currently on hiatus, but where new and incredibly dazzling images depicting the various vehicles and stations featured in the timeline are continuously being posted by their official artist, nixonshead. You can find a list of relevant updates to the thread right here, and a directory of images (including those by other artists) over here.

What is it with Hogan's Heroes fans and this thread, anyway? Is that what all of you were watching instead of The Brady Bunch? :confused:
At least around my neck of the woods, it would be that Hogan's Heroes have actually been shown on television. The Brady Bunch apparently haven't, at least not on national television.

At least around my neck of the woods, it would be that Hogan's Heroes have actually been shown on television. The Brady Bunch apparently haven't, at least not on national television.

That was the case in most of the UK in the Seventies (I've read that The Brady Bunch was broadcast in London). Strangely, the cartoon The Brady Kids was broadcast nationally.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Last edited: