Terra Nova

Damn, I can't see this or another sf show because my wife watches the Amazing Race and Dancing with the Stars.What to do?I will wait for some DVD!Suggestions?

The pilot is being repeated on Saturday October 1 (at least in the Washington DC area, not sure if other Fox stations are rerunning it).

So are they just ignoring the butterfly effect? Was it mentioned and I just missed it?
In general the show was OK. I will keep watching it. The dinos don't look great but it's tv not a movie.

loughery111

Banned
Do most animals in the wild try to eat things that they aren't familiar with?

If they're similar to prey (smaller, mobile, look non-threatening), then I would imagine so. After all, how is a predator to know that the slightly shiny tube can blow a nice-sized hole in them, and the larger mottled green one can turn them inside out in explosive fashion?

Wonder who sent the 6r's, and what is with the cave art on the rocks at the waterfall. Oh and last what happened to the boss's son?

Butterfly effect

So are they just ignoring the butterfly effect? Was it mentioned and I just missed it?

They did mention it in the first episode. Supposedly, the rip in time opened up to a different TL. They know this as they supposedly sent a probe back and were unable to recover it some 85 million years later.

They did mention it in the first episode. Supposedly, the rip in time opened up to a different TL. They know this as they supposedly sent a probe back and were unable to recover it some 85 million years later.

so...they completly ignored the fact that the probe couldve beign destroyed int he said 85 million years=?

tbh when they put in time travel, colonisation on eath and dinosaurs with fucking teenagers running around...i knew itd be shit

Haven't watched it, but I can see a weakness. There are a couple of nasty mass extinction events between the dinosaurs and us. That colony is fucked.

But of course, no civilization last millions of years, so the humans will probably be gone before the dinosaur extinction anyways.

The colony has 20 million years until it's fucked. It's got time.

yes but given human nature...i doubt they last 1...

plus according to the shows premise, there are already 2 hostile groups there...plus once allt he other idiots from the future get there like religious zealots, racists, warmongers, etc....human nature itself drives us to klill ourselves...why do you think their future is so fucked up?

yes but given human nature...i doubt they last 1...

plus according to the shows premise, there are already 2 hostile groups there...plus once allt he other idiots from the future get there like religious zealots, racists, warmongers, etc....human nature itself drives us to klill ourselves...why do you think their future is so fucked up?

I dont think thats the plan. it was mentioned that 100 people going through was a big deal. basically, i think they are doing a little bit of pratical eugenics

I dont think thats the plan. it was mentioned that 100 people going through was a big deal. basically, i think they are doing a little bit of pratical eugenics

i doubt itd last long though..i mean they cant really hold back the entirety of the human race from gettign a second chance..if people want to get through without the say so, theyd find a way

One thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned by anyone about the Future parts, did you notice whose face was on the money? If Obama does turn out to be a one term president, or his second term goes aswell as his first, that will date the series in record time.

Why? It's not like Obama will be president 138 years in the future. And since in that future there are some strict population control laws then it means the US has probably undergone some significant changes including at least one constitutional amendment.

And who is to say that Obama wouldn't be on the money anyway for being the first non-white president? :)

The last US dollar of $1,000 denomination had Grover Cleveland on it and they just didn't bring that back I guess because I can't imagine very many Terra Nova viewers would even recognize Mr. Cleveland. Maybe if they had JFK on it though it might have served the same purpose as having Obama on it without it seeming too recent from our perspective.

One thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned by anyone about the Future parts, did you notice whose face was on the money? If Obama does turn out to be a one term president, or his second term goes aswell as his first, that will date the series in record time.
Reminds me of
trlCw.jpg

another thing....why would someone then bother to write geometric equations on a rock formation if it wasnt a message into the future?
thered be no point in inscribing it on rock less they wanted someone in the future to see it
also alof of the characters talk about things like their in the same timeline still...like communicating with the future world base...if its a different universe, then how can they still communicate regualry with them?...or why did the leader say at the end of the first ep " control the past, control the future"....

course theres one simply explination to all this shitty plotting....its a fox program

Last edited:
I just figured that they back 85 million years since it would give plenty of time for society to evolve and GTFO Earth before the asteroid hits and kills everything. Conviently destroying their society so modern man can't see it.