Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Recently I've been looking over Tellurus again, and it strikes me how easy it must be to cross the planet. None of the gaps between continents are any longer than the biggest ocean gaps in the Silk Road, even avoiding islandhopping! I bet, given a silk road travel time of two years, you could go from far southern Capricornia to Equatoria and back by way of Serica and far southern Ozara in maybe two decades maximum. It makes one wonder- would Tellurus ever have a "new world"?

Recently I've been looking over Tellurus again, and it strikes me how easy it must be to cross the planet. None of the gaps between continents are any longer than the biggest ocean gaps in the Silk Road, even avoiding islandhopping! I bet, given a silk road travel time of two years, you could go from far southern Capricornia to Equatoria and back by way of Serica and far southern Ozara in maybe two decades maximum. It makes one wonder- would Tellurus ever have a "new world"?
Kind of the reason why i planned on moving the new world civs closer to the Aigan Ocean or Equatoria.

Kind of the reason why i planned on moving the new world civs closer to the Aigan Ocean or Equatoria.
Sure, but Equatoria is just a short hop across the Bridge of Jewels or to Natecuya- much like the two paths across the sea of Ashufe to Ozara; though I concede that it might be difficult to work out the right pathing through Aiganesia.

Here's a look at a possible dispersal pattern for a single-group largely-unimpeded species (such as humans, either minus or inclusive to neanderthals) across Tellurus. The boxes are intended to represent haplogroups- left side is mother group(s) and right side is daughter group(s). Each color is roughly one major time period, I would suggest somewhere between 40 and 60 kiloyears. Note, though, that I don't actually know how haplogroups really work- If you prefer, just think of it as representing large-ish "pioneer groups" of humans- the first to reach new lands (which is also why later admixtures aren't really shown). I am not the type of person to ask on how, say, group ǂ may differ from groups Ə or Ƚ (and I'd take anyone saying what immutable differences there are between such groups with a heaping of salt, too). Some dispersal may be a bit too far north for your liking giving the ice-age era, but I'm unsure if that really applies (humans are weird). This map terminates shortly after the start of widespread use of boats that can run along the coastline for the length of a continent- that's when things really start knitting themselves together, I'd wager.
continued3.png

Well... Hello!

I'm new in alternatehistory.com and i want to join or something else in this Project.

I was thinking: where is the Resources map, well the Civilizations that will rise need resources by the evolution of the society more and more will be needed, like Oil, Iron, Coal and others, and some spices too, after all the Globalization was created by Portugal crossing the Atlantic and the Indian Ocean to get some Indian Spices, so... Where is the map if didn't have could you guys give me an color palette with have this resources and more!

Thanks for attention.

Folks, it's great that you find it exciting and interesting but this is ImperatorFrank's project, if they want help they'll let you know but I wouldn't imediately jump into making things for it. They've been busy with their job be patient and don't try to jump into a project that I've always gotten the impression has been mostly a solo thing.

Folks, it's great that you find it exciting and interesting but this is ImperatorFrank's project, if they want help they'll let you know but I wouldn't imediately jump into making things for it. They've been busy with their job be patient and don't try to jump into a project that I've always gotten the impression has been mostly a solo thing.
My maps and thoughts for Tellurus are emphatically not intended as an attempt to worldbuild ImperatorFrank's world without their consent- it's my interpretation of Tellurus, and isn't meant as the Proper Version any more than Azul Chronicles was intended as a canonical version of Tellurus. Please don't take my work as intended to usurp ImperatorFrank's.

Also, as I understand it use of Tellurus for one's own projects is alright so long as credit is given. If this policy has changed, I apologize for not seeing the announcement about it.

Last edited:
Clearly the Haxamanids are... rolls dice... the Inca!
I vaguely remember having once deduced they had been based of Achaemenid Persia. I think it had to do with their name and the extend of their empire, but I can't clearly remember my exact reasoning.

"They say that forty generations shall pass between the elder moon being brought to the earth in the land of the sedges, and its younger sibling following it in the land of the mountains near the setting sun and the islands of the sea. The first shall be ruler of all newborns and the latter shall be the king of ghosts." - Tymrian Prophecy, 1850 AF

I just reviewed everything that was said on here, and I'd like to say you did some incredible work Imperator! I wish I could make something of the depth and scale you do, good job