Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Important news:
i finally got a job, so I wont have very much time to work on this for now. This isn't dying/dead/ but there will probably be a lot of time before I'll have something I feel is worthy of posting.
Until then, if anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to let me know.

Repost from map thread

"Completely redid my climate map to be based off the Koppen scale instead of the random one that it was using before, as well as completely rework the climate zone locations, what do you all think? I didn't use some of the colors as I was unsure how to use them exactly (the video I was using to help learn how to make the climate zones completely ignored them)."
clim_newtellurus_version2.png

Repost from map thread

"Completely redid my climate map to be based off the Koppen scale instead of the random one that it was using before, as well as completely rework the climate zone locations, what do you all think? I didn't use some of the colors as I was unsure how to use them exactly (the video I was using to help learn how to make the climate zones completely ignored them)."
View attachment 508986

Any reason for the lack of climate sub-type Dfd despite it being listed? Otherwise, AWESOME!!!!

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Anyone know where to put the monsoon areas?
Moonsoon depends on a system of rainy and dry months, with the winds going from and to the continent depending on the period of the year, so you need to analise the wind currents of Tellurus. For some Earth regions were it occur:
- India, as we all know, with rains staring in June 1st but only reaching all of the Subcontinent in August 1st
- Subsaharan Africa, with the humid winds of the Equatorial Atlantic Ocean causing precipitation on the Sahel and Sudan beteen late June and October
- North America, with it occuring between late June/early July till middle-September and affecting the Sierra Madre Occidental in Mexico and most of the the Southwestern United States
- It also occurs on Australia, Southeast Asia and Europe, by the way.

If the thins is where the regions have a tropical monsoon climate, here is the earthly map:
400px-Koppen-Geiger_Map_Am_present.svg.png

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Anyone know where to put the monsoon areas?

I've heard of two different shortcuts for finding them:

1. In the tropical eastern corners of large continents, like Asia
2. Wherever there is land up to 30 degrees north or south of the equator where it passes over the ocean, which would account for West Africa

imag ine.png

Here's a different river basins map, taking design cues from that one amazing North American Watersheds Atlas map (and demarcating oceans-defined-by-where-their-shores-are, to boot). Hopefully this is helpful!

Minor notes:
- The endorheic "basins" in *Alaska, which are covered in glacier and as such not really actually basins, are only demarcated due to the topographic map and because it looked odd to have such a large expanse colored in with the "flows to the sea" color.
- You may note my design for large rivers shifts as you go east to west, that's because this was originally just a not-thought-through idea.

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas for events that could happen in the Rasan Civilization? Should their cities be unified or independent of each other? Should they be pacifist like their Harappan inspirations? What interactions should they have with their neighbors(Esirta, Miscaya)?