Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A preview of things to come. Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been trying to get a job.
1vBCe6g.gif
Good luck on getting a job!

I wanted to create a religious text for this An-Luru figure being a dominant early religion in the region. I was imagining that An-Luru would be a "Savior" like figure with the text ending shortly after his crowning as King and his founding of the City. Would you be okay with me beginning work on this or do you have different ideas on how this may work?
To further note on how I would portray An-Luru, he'd be a more violent form of Jesus with his backstory taking inspiration from apocryphal texts of Jesus as a child. Since you also noted how the Founders of Akwar created the language, this could be used for the religious text to claim that An-Luru himself wrote the texts.

I wanted to create a religious text for this An-Luru figure being a dominant early religion in the region. I was imagining that An-Luru would be a "Savior" like figure with the text ending shortly after his crowning as King and his founding of the City. Would you be okay with me beginning work on this or do you have different ideas on how this may work?
To further note on how I would portray An-Luru, he'd be a more violent form of Jesus with his backstory taking inspiration from apocryphal texts of Jesus as a child. Since you also noted how the Founders of Akwar created the language, this could be used for the religious text to claim that An-Luru himself wrote the texts.
I actually really like some of your ideas about An-Luru. In my mind he was more of a Gilgamesh-like character, somebody who is known mostly from legends of later people with much of their actual life shrouded in mystery. I could definitely see him becoming slowly deified by later Miscayan civilizations (Narrakians, Sutarbans, Kadimarans, etc.), who could then produce a religious/semihistorical text similar to what you have in mind.
As for people thinking An-Luru wrote the texts himself. I am on board with this 100% as the kings of Miscayan states were seen not only as link between the mortal world and the gods themselves, but were also seen as responsible not only for the nation's success in battles and wars but also seen as directly responsible for every building, road and wall erected in their reign, as well as good crop yields and religious/social achievements (such as the texts).

Coming soon: Upscaled Q-BAM maps of more important years, which will be less frequent than the maps accompanying the timeline updates. Here's a preview of 919 AF.
Also, considering deleting all previous timeline threadmarks and redoing it since so much is getting added.
919preview.png

Could you please mantain them, if only as an extra reading material? (maybe compare the 1.0 to the 2.0 versions?)
Will do.
Another map preview for funsies. Year is 1285 AF, after the fall of the Kyngiran Empire (under a Surunian Dynasty) the previous year.
Edit: good thing its wip, because Anqa is supposed to be Anaq. :eek:
Edit 2: fixed!
1285 preview.png

Last edited:
How about all of them, but please take your time ^^ :winkytongue: Really I like how deep and developed it get's it even inspires myself do to so for my own worldbuilding/ RPG so please keep it up.

ive been lurking here for a while, and i must say, this is a super interesting project!! will there be a map of the Haxamanid empire, or a submap of the Aegean conquest?

ive been lurking here for a while, and i must say, this is a super interesting project!! will there be a map of the Haxamanid empire, or a submap of the Aegean conquest?
There is a Haxamanid empire map I've posted earlier in the thread but its kind of out-of-date. No map for their attempted Pelasian conquest....yet ;)

Current update progress:
I've added all the rulers for Kadimar, Sutarba, Knoas and Esirta, still need to finish Mukanians, Neathuq/Ecbadai/Haxamanids and Tymrians. then I'm starting on Argaeas, the Nasenites and Uhaakin/Semaron. once that is done, the updates will begin to be posted.

Multiple new Worlda maps from -25 AF to 3520 (as far as i've gotten in maps, the timeline file currently stops at around 3470) showing more key events and giving ancient periods more depth, especially the Bronze and Iron ages.

New QBAM^2 (because it's literally a QBAM resized by 200%) maps of important years, but less frequent than the Worlda maps. (I've shown 919 AF and 1285 previously, i've also made 1570 but not posted it yet) Who knows, maybe I'll just make these instead of Worldas?

I also plan on making Wikipedia-style infoboxes and writeups for most major nations.

Any other ideas/suggestions/comments?

EDIT: When did this thread reach over 100,000 views? o_O

Last edited:
Any ideas as to what places I should add more detail to? Particular Countries or regions would be preferable. Also any inventions/world events I should list? As for philosophies and religions, I’m still working on those but I am open to ideas.

Any ideas as to what places I should add more detail to?
The Far East in General, It would be cool to see in special the Japan-analogue, since at the time of the Early Imperial Dynasties it was already was in a state of petty kingdoms, and (if the Traditional Dates to the Emperors of Japan are correct) has already a sort-of-empire in the process of existing

The Far East in General, It would be cool to see in special the Japan-analogue, since at the time of the Early Imperial Dynasties it was already was in a state of petty kingdoms, and (if the Traditional Dates to the Emperors of Japan are correct) has already a sort-of-empire in the process of existing
Anything in particular you have in mind? Serica could definitely use more.

Status update: moved the location of the Nirhani, expanded the Nasenite empire and added more nations to the Uhaakin and Katal regions. Also adding the Tymria Pharaohs, Nasenite and Nirhani kings as welll. Also extending the evolution of human timeline to the Miocene as it was previously tested in this thread.

Last edited:
Anything in particular you have in mind? Serica could definitely use more.
Sincerelly? I would say go bonkers, I know Serica is meant to be an analogue to China, with its large fertile plain and location in the "middle" of everything, but it would be interesting to see a bit more expansion on its periods of fragmentation (maybe even see some nations permanently becoming separated if location permits), or, when you reach the dynastic period, maybe play with it instead of doing the sequence like it was in Earth, or establish an Sengoku-like Period under the Serican Emperors

But thats my personal opinion, created due to heavy xianxia and wuxia based reading habits