Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ST15RM

Banned
The timeline will be updated after New Years, but until then feel free to ask me any questions regarding the world.
Recently I got Universe sandbox, and I would like to know:
1. The orbit distances of the planets (in km if it's than 1 AU)
2. The diameters of the planets (in km)
This goes for moons too.

Recently I got Universe sandbox, and I would like to know:
1. The orbit distances of the planets (in km if it's than 1 AU)
2. The diameters of the planets (in km)
This goes for moons too.

Their distances havent been really made besides the AU number (which are all approximate except Tellurus).

As for sizes, Tellurus is exactly the same diameter as Earth, so that should help figure out the others. I neglected to write down their sizes, which i will certainly do at some point.

EDIT:
pixel = 61.4 miles
(planet name) (diameter in pixels) = (diameter in miles)
Phlogis 36 pixels = 2,210
Semreh 50 pixels = 3,070
Aerehtyc 122 pixels = 7,491
Tellurus 129 pixels = 7,921
Thrax 68 pixels = 4,175
Adrestia 70 pixels = 4,298
Themis 1431 pixels = 87,863
Caelus 1205 pixels = 73,987
Hemera 531 pixels = 32,603
Cetus 38 pixels = 2,333
Hypnos 16 pixels = 982
Hecate 14 pixels 860
Erebus 355 pixels = 21,797

solarsystem (1).png

Last edited:
So, are all the cultures here going to be based on cultures from Earth, or are you planning on crafting and inserting any cultures of your own?

So, are all the cultures here going to be based on cultures from Earth, or are you planning on crafting and inserting any cultures of your own?
Yes, and what happens to real-life cultures will differ as well. Some cultures will be combinations that never happened in real life. Around 2870-3000 is when the real divergences start kicking off.

Something I made because working on one thing for real long gets tiring: My world at an even farther-back date than Rodinia, the Stenian Period (1100 billion years ago.). Why? Because I never see maps going this far back that are detailed or confident because of lack of real life evidence. This is sort of a halfway point between the Rodinia and Columbia supercontinents.

The two main continents, unimaginatively name Terra Borealis and Terra Australis (because I was tired), are both slowly moving towards each other and generally southwards, the former movement slowly closing the Akenesic Ocean. Also, Guadulia (Central Ozara, Far southern Rhodin and part of eastern Capricornia) is moving away from Greater Malag and towards the Hadban Craton, opening the Panozaran Seaway and closing the Sinsal Seaway. Rokhat also moves west towards Hatar.
Tellurus Stenian Names.png

Yes, and what happens to real-life cultures will differ as well. Some cultures will be combinations that never happened in real life. Around 2870-3000 is when the real divergences start kicking off.
Not that any other changed didn't happened already, because your "Egyptian coutnerpart" of Tymria is still alive even after the counterpart of Tellurus to the Bronze Age Collapse, a very interesting change

Not that any other changed didn't happened already, because your "Egyptian coutnerpart" of Tymria is still alive even after the counterpart of Tellurus to the Bronze Age Collapse, a very interesting change
They were disunited during the great collapse but did eventually reunite.

In other news, I have something big I plan on posting tomorrow, stay tuned.

Something I made because working on one thing for real long gets tiring: My world at an even farther-back date than Rodinia, the Stenian Period (1100 billion years ago.). Why? Because I never see maps going this far back that are detailed or confident because of lack of real life evidence. This is sort of a halfway point between the Rodinia and Columbia supercontinents.

The two main continents, unimaginatively name Terra Borealis and Terra Australis (because I was tired), are both slowly moving towards each other and generally southwards, the former movement slowly closing the Akenesic Ocean. Also, Guadulia (Central Ozara, Far southern Rhodin and part of eastern Capricornia) is moving away from Greater Malag and towards the Hadban Craton, opening the Panozaran Seaway and closing the Sinsal Seaway. Rokhat also moves west towards Hatar.

Have you seen Algol's channel on YouTube? There are depictions of continental movement going as far back as 3 billion years ago and even further.

One of the Algol videos linked below. There's also another one that was uploaded just a few days back that has a 360 panorama-type mode and more detail.

Have you seen Algol's channel on YouTube? There are depictions of continental movement going as far back as 3 billion years ago and even further.

One of the Algol videos linked below. There's also another one that was uploaded just a few days back that has a 360 panorama-type mode and more detail.

I am subscribed to Algol already but thanks though. :) Yeah, I saw that new video and it was amazing, I hope he makes a regular 2d version too though.

Timeline (2570-2720 AF)
And here it is.

2571 AF: The Kadimar revolt is crushed.
2577 AF Septus Tyhrricus dies after a relatively short reign, and his brother in law Lavus Aelurus becomes King.
c. 2580 AF: Chetimat and Viratsya are founded in Avarda.
c. 2580 AF: Writing is invented by the Achtomecs.
c.2580 AF: The Cuyan civilization begins in Natecuya.
2580 AF: Sutarba razes Esirta once again. Esirta is once again annexed by Sutarba.
2590 AF: The Sutarban Empire begins to collapse.
2595 AF: Esirtans and Kadimarans both successfully revolt, then lay siege to Avanin and Sutarba. This marks the beginning of the Neo-Kadimaran Empire.
2601 AF: Lavus Aelurus dies leaving no sucessor, leaving the most powerful lords in Tyhrrus no choice but to elect one of their own, Lucius Tarxus Dursinius, as king.
2607 AF: The Sutarban Empire is divided between the Esirtans and Kadimarans.
2610 AF: The last King of Sutarba disappears, and the Era of Sutarban relevance along with him.
c, 2610 AF:The Kingdom of Avyina is established in Avarda.
2611 AF: Tymrian forces attempt to take the former lands of Sutarba for themselves, and invade the Katal region.
2616 AF: Kadimar repulses the Tymrians, affirming their ownership of former Sutarban lands.
c.2620 AF: Tyhrrus becomes ruled by the Dursini, increasing trade in the city.
2620 AF: The Kingdom of Araini in Lotan is created.

2620AF.png

2620 AF: As the Serican petty kingdoms wage war with one another, The CHEONSEONG Kingdom is founded to southwest. In Avarda, new kingdoms include CHETIMAT, VIRATSYA, and AVYINA. The great Neo-Sutrban Empire is dead, defeated by it's former vassals ESIRTA and KADIMAR, both forming large empires in the wake of Sutarba's fall. The Lotanian Kingdom of ARAINI is founded to the west of the new Esirtan Empire. The PELASIANS and QARNENAK begin colonizing the thalmedic and the sea of Aqta, with Pelasians settling in AQTIA and a places in Hatar they've named NANTAEA. The Dursini people expand in northern Albalon, vassalizing the city-state of Tyhrrus. Far east, the BAIQATAN people create cities near the preexisting Abasans, and farther east than that, all the way in Equatoria lies the newborn CUYAN civilization on Natecuya.

2621 AF: Urusahar is sacked by Kadimarans after a revolt, and it's inhabitants are spread throughout the empire.
2632 AF: Lucius Dursinius dies and his adopted son Tullus Lucullius becomes king.
2633 AF: The Araini fall to the Esirtans.
2652 AF: Tymria attempts but fails again at invading Kadimar.
2666 AF: Caeus Tarxus Ryphonus becomes king of Tyhrrus after his cousin Tullus' death.
c. 2670 AF: Tivina is founded in far southern Avarda, but they are a culture other than Vardic.
c.2670 AF: Scyll, Nura and Hybras are under the control of the Qarnenak, descendants of Nenakian settlers in northern Rhodin
c.2670 AF: Pelasians stop colonizing other lands. By this point, they've settled in Aqtia, Southern Albala, Nantea to the northeast of Albala, and on the Tavaric Ocean near Qarnenak.
2670 AF: The Ecbadai under king Haxamanes break free from Esirtan rule, and begin conquering their former master. They overthrow their old masters in less than a year, and the Eplaite kingdom would be invaded just three years later.
2676 AF: Pelasian settlements in Lotan are subjected to Haxamanid authority.
2677 AF: The Kingdom of Taprani is founded by a Vardic Prince.
c.2680 AF: The kingdoms of northern Lotan fall one by one to the Haxamanids.
c. 2680 AF: The Taprani establsh a kingdom on their island south of Avarda after migrating from the mainland. The island becomes known as Tapron.
2685 AF: In less than a year, the Kadimaran Empire falls and becomes part of the newly-formed Haxamanid Empire.
2686 AF: King Haxamanes allows Uhaakians to return to Urusahar.
2690 AF: Caeus Ryphonus is succeeded after his death this year by his son Caeus Lavinius.
2691 AF: King Haxamanes dies in battle against Umalan tribes. He is succeeded by his son Callan, who suddenly dies within the year. His wife, Queen Cassia, takes control.
2698 AF: Tymria is conquered by the Haxamanids led by Queen Cassia.
2699 AF: Kadimar revolts against Haxamanid rule but is crushed within two years.
c.2700 AF: Total world population reaches 100 million, with about 80% of that in Serratar.
2701 AF: Death of Queen Cassia. King Gazsi takes over Haxamania. He only rules for about a year before his son with the same name takes over after assassinating him. Eventually, a man names Jahan takes the throne.
2705 AF: Southern Haemos is conquered by the Haxamanids.
2705 AF: Ahurasa, or Ahuropolis, is built and becomes capital of the Haxamanid Empire (now also known as the Ahuran Empire).
2708 AF: Haxamanids take control of the mouth of the Rasan River in Avarda. They also conquer the kingdom of Argaeas in southern Pelasia.
2710 AF: First republican revolt in Tyhrrus is defeated by King Caeus Lavinius, ensuring the survival of the monarchy. Several changes to the government happen as a sort of compromise.
2710 AF: Kambyj falls to the Haxamanids but Kurdivat repulses them.
2715 AF: Caeus Lavinius dies leaving no heir (ending the Dursinian Dynasty), and Titius Albanus is elected king by the other lords.
2718 AF: Pelasians in Lotan revolt against the Haxamanid Empire.
2720 AF: Achtomec flourish in Talamor, building great cities and pyramids.

2720AF.png

2720 AF:As quickly as empire rise, they fall. Esirta and Kadimar become examples of this as the HAXAMANIDS conquer most of the civilized area of eastern Hatar and Rhodin, ruling almost half of the world's population. Places across the land from, Avarda to Qarnenak, deal with their new, powerful neighbors and many exiles (leading to increased Pelasian colonization in Albala). Others, like the Sericans and the Talamoric civilizations, care or know little of the Haxamanids accomplishments. Also, TIVNA and TAPRANI are founded in southern Avarda.

Last edited:
And a bonus:

To understand the Haxamanid Empire, one must start at the beginning. In 2422 AF, forces of the Neo-Sutarban Empire invading western Katal and the lands beyond had claimed authority over the former lands of the Neathuq and all the new tribes current living there. One such tribe was the Ecbadai, who in that same year became vassals to the Sutarbans. This remained so until 2509 AF when the Ecbadai revolted against Sutarba while they were crushing another rebellion in Kadimar. In less that a decade, however, they were defeated and controlled by the Sutarbans once more. Ecbadaia remained under foreign rule throughout the 2500s and most of the 2600s, switching rulers from Sutarbans to Esirtans when the Neo-Sutarban Empire collapsed during the years 2567-2607 AF.

Independence would finally come in 2670 AF when the King of the Ecbadai (a vassal to the Esirtan Emperor), a man named Haxamanes, rebels against the Esirtan when they are suffering instability and succeeds, driving them from the nation. Haxamanes ambitions don't stop there, however, and he proceeds to conquer the collapsing Esirtans by the beginning of 2671 AF. They inherited a large empire from the Esirtans, stretching from the Sea of Katal in the southeast to the Araini Kingdom in the far northwest. They also adopted the issues facing the former Esirtan Empire, as Lotanian rebels plagued the northern regions of the empire untin 2676 AF, when Haxamanes crushed the rebels with his new army. When Ahluq, in the west of the Sea of Aqta, was conquered in 2680 AF, Haxamanes turned his attention to the great empire in the east, the Kadimarans.

In 2685 AF,after 5 years of planning and preparation, Haxamanes and his newly built army and fleet cross the Sea of Katal and land in Urubar, declaring war on the Neo-Kadimaran Empire. Haxamanes' foresight pays off as the Kadimarans are completely unprepared and are crushed within a year just like the Esirtans before them. In 15 years time, Haxamanes has conquered two empires and created a much larger, more powerful in doing so. He makes the language of the Ecbadai, Ahuran, the offical language of the Empire but allows religious freedom, even allowing the Uhaakin people to return to their homeland after their defeat by the Sutarbans in previous centuries. He would not get to rule his new empire long though; for Haxamanes would perish in battle in 2691 AF fighting Umalan tribes in southern Miscaya. Rule of the empire eventually fell to his own wife, Empress Cassia.

Empress Cassia would go on to oversee the conquest of Tymria and the suppression of more rebels in Kadimar before her own death in 2701 AF. After a bout of instability with several claimants to the throne, Emperor Jahan comes to power, and under his rule the Haxamanid Empire would reach it's largest extent yet, conquering southern Haemos in 2705 AF and invading Avarda and Pelasia in 2708 AF. Also in 2705 AF, Jahan would see the new capital city of Ahurasa (Ahuropolis) built in Ecbadaia, a symbol of their dynasty's great power. In 2718 AF, Pelasian in Lotania revolt against their Haxamanid rulers, pleading for assistance from neighboring independent Pelasian city-states. With tensions escalating between the Pelasians and Ahurans, Emperor Jahan and the Haxamanids may face their toughest challenge yet.

Haxamanids.png

The Haxamanid Empire in 2720 AF

Last edited:
The Haxamanid Empire reminds me of both the Romans and the Persians, and its amazing either way, although I have the strange feeling that they will probably end up being defeated by the Pelasian City-States, not that it would be bad, the way you writes this story makes it surprisingly badass even while don't having a single piece of narration and is solely written as an timeline (I don't known how you do this Emperor Frank, but you do)