Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In more serious matters, I'll post the next part of the timeline as soon as I'm not sick. Also, if anyone has any ideas for town names/gods/religions, feel free to share them. Naming is probably the hardest part for me. :)

If you still need help with names, something that I've done before is to use a random word generator like this one to come up with potential names. However, you need to know the phonology and the syllable structure of the place's language if you want the name to sound like it actually came from that place (e.g. Japanese place names would never end with an "f").

On that topic, are you just borrowing Earth languages for this project, or are you considering making conlangs, even if they're not developed beyond phonology?

@Imperator Frank, can I just say I'm continually amazed by the excellence of this project and the work you put it. I especially loved this most recent map - you effectively convey enormous amounts of ecological information in a really aesthetically pleasing way.

I hope you feel better soon, and I'm glad that these maps make you feel better and we get the pleasure of you sharing them with us.

If you still need help with names, something that I've done before is to use a random word generator like this one to come up with potential names. However, you need to know the phonology and the syllable structure of the place's language if you want the name to sound like it actually came from that place (e.g. Japanese place names would never end with an "f").

On that topic, are you just borrowing Earth languages for this project, or are you considering making conlangs, even if they're not developed beyond phonology?
I dont know much about languages so im just using real languages for now.

I dont know much about languages so im just using real languages for now.

As an option, there's a language generator called Vulgar (https://www.vulgarlang.com/) which makes basic conlangs (like 2k words) with properly thought-out sound systems, grammar, syntax, rules for article use, derivative morphology and such. You have to pay to get a full version with the big vocab output, but you could maybe make do with the free online version of 200 words plus the grammar etc.

I just generated one that had different indefinite articles for each of five noun classes, five noun cases and singular/plural. Even with a couple of repetitions I can see you'd have to learn 40+ articles, which would put me off learning this language from the get go.

Timeline (720-970 AF)
720 AF - 1220 AF: Kutarim has 35,000 people during this time.
725 AF: Nagshe conquers all of Kyngir and take the Kingship for themselves.
755 AF: Nagshe collapses by this point, Nidunu takes the Kingship and Marun and Nissar become independent as well.
765 AF: Less than a decade later, Nidunu is defeated and conquered by Marun, leaving only themselves and Akwar independent in Kyngir. They remain in control several decades.
763-768 AF: War erupts between Edad and Urubar, with Urubar emerging victorious about half a decade later. Urubar is said to have allied itself with The city of Marun in order to defeat Edad.
c.770 AF: Esirtans tribes cross the Katal strait to attempt to occupy regions of Kyngir.
c.800 AF: Uhaakin and Katalic tribes begin settling the northern side of the Miscayan River, coming into conflict with Kyngirans.
808 AF: The far-east city-state of Narshu, invades downriver and conquers Marun and Kyngir. They are unable the hold all of it, and Kyngir west of Nidunu breaks free. Nidunu takes the kingship.
c.810 AF: The Kings in Kyngir no longer are the high priests of their patron Gods, a sort of separation of state and church.
815 AF: After gathering their strength, Narshu successfully takes Nidunu and the Kingship as well.
c.820 AF: The Esirtans become civilized (unified into stronger city-states and adopting Kyngirian customs) around this time in western Katal. The most powerful of the Esirtan cities are Nisuni and Dheliva.
c.860 AF: A volcanic eruption in the northern Tavaric ocean cause a long winter for a few years.
867 AF: Marun rises up and defeats Narshu, refracturing Kyngir. Marun claims the kingship and begins reconquering the other city-states.
871 AF: The Katalic city of Urubar is destroyed for the first time, by tribes from the north. Edad is also significantly weakened as well.
883 AF: The city-state of Marun under King Naru-Sin reconquers all of Kyngir for a short time. He even crosses the sea of Katal and attacks the land of Esirta, but fails to conquer them.
885 AF: The city of Narrak is founded by people of the same name.
889 AF: Lord Buguran comes to power in Narrak. He spends the first few years of his rule quelling rebellions in his newly founded kingdom. He then begins taking advantage of the power vacuum left by Edad's weakness, and preparing to exploit his percieved weakness of Marun's King.
895 F: Narshu is the first city of Kyngir to fall to Narrak, with eastern Edadian lands(Terit and Muqihar) falling a year earlier.
c.900 AF: Historical texts from Kyngir mention Kamnag to the south for the first time, as well as the Rasan port city of Ehulim. Trade between the two mentioned lands and Miscaya occurs at this time.
902 AF: Marun falls to Narrak, with king Naru-Sin being taken prisoner by Buguran, his eventual fate unknown. Marun falls out of relevance afterwards. Buguran takes the title King for himself.
906 AF: Akwar falls, signalling the complete conquest of Kyngir by Narrak. Buguran begins campaigning upriver.
909 AF: Sutarba is conquered by Buguran, who conquers several tribes to the south as well and founding several cities.
911 AF: Edad itself falls to Narrak after being weakened by past tribal invasions. Buguran marches his army north towards Katal.
914 AF:Urubar and its territories of both sides of the Katal Rift surrender to Buguran, giving him a jumping off point to attack Esirta.
916 AF: Dheliva is captured by Narrak, and the Esirtans make peace with Buguran by accepting tributary status.
919 AF: One of Buguran's final campaign's before rebellions became to widespread in his land was his invasion of Kamnag. With his success there, the first great empire (that outlives its creator) the world has seen had been created. Stretching from southern Esirta in the west, Uhaakin in the north, Miscaya in the east and to Kamnag in the south, it was certainly the largest nation to yet exist.
920 AF: The Esirtans resume independent status as several rebellions begin in the Narrakian Empire.
c.920 AF: Metalworking spreads to northern Hatar.

920AF.png

920 AF
The NARRAKIANS have conquered the entire Miscayan Valley, the coast up to the Uhaakin and down to the Kamnag, and portions of Esirta. Their legendary king Buguran has united most of the known world. Whether it outlives him or not remains to be seen.
ESIRTA have become tributary to Narrak after the last invasion by Buguran. This is surely a temporarily thing, according to local leaders when not near Narrakian soldiers.
UHAAKIN, RASAN, KNOAS, TYMRIA, KAERM, and GANDAO all continue on mostly as before.

943 AF: King Buguran dies fighting rebels in his last years. Narrak reaches its apex of power. Naram-Bur becomes king.
c.955 AF: The northern Narrakian empire, the lands around Edad and Urubar, is lost to Katalians. Edad is destroyed once again.
969 AF: Naram-Bur is assassinated, and his successor is his son Talush.
c.970 AF: Maize is farmed in Natecuya, a large island between Talamor and Equatoria.

970AF.png

970 AF
URUBAR and EDAD are reestablished, but the NARRAKIAN empire stays alive for now.
The NEATHUQ people establish a proto-state in the eastern Ayalam mountains, and begin raiding their neighbors. No major changes border-wise to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
I have the maps of the timeline map all the way to the year 3120 AF, so all I need to do is make the write-ups, but I'm always busy now.
I'll try and have something up by the end of the month.

Random unfinished map so you have something to look at.
QBAM Tellurus.png

Timeline (980-1220 AF)
I'll try to make it more detailed as I go, I promise. :p

c.980 AF: Narrak is the largest city in the world with 40,000 residents, as Kutarim's population declines for unknown reasons.
998 AF: King Talush dies and is succeeded by his son Kalishar.
c.1000 AF: Under the eye of a great comet, the Neathuqi tribes from northwest of Esirta invade and raze the city of Narrak.
c.1020 AF: Nomads continue to invade the remains of Narrak, It's power crippled after the fall of it's capital, which is still being rebuilt at this point.
1025 AF: Kalishar is assassinated and chaos erupts in Narrak over who his successor should be. Iginum becomes King after a bloody struggle.
1029 AF: Iginum is killed as well, and Nali-Sharri becomes king.
1042 AF: The Neathuqi also attack Narrak and burn the city down yet again, bringing its empire to its end. Nali-Sharri dies during the battle and his son Shudur becomes Lord of Narrak. Nagshe takes the kingship, and the other city-states regain independence. Neathuqi tribes remain dominant in former conquered Narrak lands, with Narrak itself left a shadow of its former self. Trade with Kamnag and Rasan collapses.
c.1050 AF: A large drought hits Tymria, leading to the collapse of the old Kingdom. The country becomes disunited once more.
1065 AF: Narrak itself is occupied by the Neathuqi, ending it's independence and the reign of Shudur.
1069 AF: Nagshe is defeated by the Neathuqi who then take the kingship for themselves.
1072 AF: The Neathuqi invade and take the city of Akwar itself, confirming their dominance in western Kygnir.
1081 AF: Neathuqi people conquer the eastern city of Sutarba, establishing their own dynasty in the river valley they now completely dominate. A Kyngiran empire is created but with a Neathuqi dynasty in control.
c.1099 AF: The city of Nagshe rises up against the Neathuqi, their rebellion succeeds for about a decade.

1100AF.png

1100 AF
The NEATHUQI people are dominant in Miscaya, and also control(led) the KYNGIR ciy-states of AKWAR and NAGSHE indirectly, although the former is in the process of breaking away and the latter has already done so. The Neathuqi have also taken further amounts of territory from the ESIRTANS. Also new is KAMNAG, a former Narrakian vassal that's now a trading partner to the Miscayans to the north. Nothing changes much elsewhere

1109 AF: The Neathuqi brutally crush Nagshe and raze the city, prompting more rebellions in occupied Kyngiran cities.
1110 AF: Akwar goes to war with the Neathuqi, spreading the large rebellion against the Neathuqi occupiers.
c.1120 AF: Devastating floods occur in Uhaakin.
1120 AF: A code of laws is established in Akwar, the first of its kind. Akwar takes the former lands of Nagshe from the Neathuqi and expel them Nagshe as well. All of Kyngir is united by the Akwarans, who retake the Kingship once more.
1151 AF: The Chūn Dynasty is established in central Serica when the city of Chángchūn dominates all other cities in the area around the Jade River and establishes a long-lasting dynasty.
c.1160 AF: Great floods occur in the northwest part of the Chūn lands. A great humanitarian effort is undertaken by Chūn rulers as they rebuild the water-destroyed lands.
1175 AF: The Chūn Emperor organizes the new country into provinces, which cover some nearby tribes as well that the Chūn plans to dominate.
1164 AF: Tymria is reunited once again when Tyrseth, the main city in Upper Tymria, dominates the city of Riphem in Lower Tymria.
1166 AF: The last Neathuq-controlled city in Miscaya falls to Akwar, marking the rise of the Neo-Kyngiran empire. Trade with other areas across the sea is resumed.
1197 AF: The Chūn Dynasty defeats a large rebellion.
c.1200 AF: The world reaches a population of about 40 million people.
c.1200 AF: Invention of glass.
c. 1200 AF: Cacao is farmed in Natecuya.
c. 1200 AF: Ancestors of the Dursini people arrive in Albala from an unknown place. Their capital city, Tinua is founded as well.
1209 AF: Another rebellion in Serica is also crushed this year.
c.1210 AF: Edadians destroy Akwar, and the capital moves to Nagshe for a time.
c.1220 AF: Iron age begins in Knoas.

1220AF.png

1220 AF
The KYNGIRAN Empire has usurped Narrak, taking even more of ESIRTA and expanding down the Miscaya river. Esirta is their vassal for most of this period. In the East, TYMRIA reunites and expands towards oases in the nearby desert. Far to the northwest the CHUN Dynasty is established in Serica, the beginning of a long line of dynasties. No other border changes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 105545

I'll try to make it more detailed as I go, I promise. :p

c.980 AF: Narrak is the larges city in the world.
c.1000 AF: Under the eye of a great comet, the Neathuqi invade and raze the city of Narrak.
c.1020 AF: Nomads continue to invade the remains of Narrak.
c.1040 AF: Neathuqi also attacks Narrak, bringing it to it's end.
c.1050 AF: A large drought hits Tymria, leading to the collapse of the old Kingdom.
c.1100 AF: The city of Nagshe rises for a time in Miscaya.
c.1110 AF: Akwar goes to war with the Neathuqi.
c.1120 AF: Devastating floods in Uhaakin.
c.1120 AF: A code of laws is established in Akwar, the first of its kind.
c.1150 AF: Chuxia is established in central Serica.
c.1160 AF: Tymria is reunited once again.
c.1200 AF: Invention of glass.
c. 1200 AF: Cacao is farmed in Natecuya.
c.1220 AF: Edadians destroy Akwar.
c.1220 AF: Iron age begins in Knoas.
c.1220 AF: Kyngir conquers the Miscayan Valley and southern Esirta, establishing a great empire. Tymria also expands at this time.
View attachment 416466
1220 AF
The KYNGIRAN Empire has usurped Narrak, taking even more of ESIRTA and expanding down the Miscaya river. Esirta is their vassal for most of this period. In the East, TYMRIA reunites and expands towards oases in the nearby desert. Far to the northwest the CHUXIA Dynasty is established in Serica, the beginning of a long line of dynasties. No other border changes.
If you need help with language, feel free to ask!

also damn nice work frank

I know i said I planned on my world being mostly realistic, but I'm going to scatter a few supernatural things throughout history, including a crossover from a world me and my friend have been working on. I think it might make things more interesting.

Deleted member 105545

I know i said I planned on my world being mostly realistic, but I'm going to scatter a few supernatural things throughout history, including a crossover from a world me and my friend have been working on. I think it might make things more interesting.
The best kind of fantasy IMO