Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since i've posted dozens of WIPs in the map thread i decided I'll make a thread dedicated to my worldbuilding project, the planet Tellurus. Ill be posting in depth reviews of every continent's terrain as i completely finish the elevation portion, than do the same again when it comes time to do the climates.

phys_newtellurus.png
Here is the newest elevation map as of may 7th. The purple line is how far I'll map out the ocean elevation, since it will require transfering portions from other maps to do so correctly for the outer portions, especially polar areas. Any questions/thoughts?

Finally, an image showing the continents during their "pangea" phase, about 200 million years ago. This is also the image through which i refined the coast of most of the continents to produce that almost perfect continental fit.
2017-05-02 23.56.27.png

While i work on the next updates to the world heres something weird to look at courtesy of deepart.io. i fused my worlds map and a satellite image of earth. It turned out pretty odd, the north of every continet seems to be frozen.
0f0d182128f014fbe7bdaedb26eae306.jpg

I'm impressed that you've started with the plate tectonics, it's working out to a good mix of random and deliberate that makes it look more realistic, and gives you a canvas if you want to map out biological regions later.

I might make a sketch of how I think this maps climate would be, a similar level to what I've done so far for Cassini, but with more complete and legible notes -

mTJX9tV.jpg

Either on a layer in the image editing software, or in no sensible format in notepad.

I think ive taken a long enough break from updating the map. More progress on the last continent and minor changes elsewhere. And yes, the last continent did get a lot of inspiration from North America.
phys_newtellurus.png

I think ive taken a long enough break from updating the map. More progress on the last continent and minor changes elsewhere. And yes, the last continent did get a lot of inspiration from North America. View attachment 327691
I have a sort of "all-punk" world where I'm posting lists for, and I've been looking for a good map that is at once vaguely like OTL and yet really different, and this seems to be perfect.

Can I have your permission to use Tellurus as the physical map for my "punk"-world?

[First installment: Azalaia is a sort of ATL-Britain]

I have a sort of "all-punk" world where I'm posting lists for, and I've been looking for a good map that is at once vaguely like OTL and yet really different, and this seems to be perfect.

Can I have your permission to use Tellurus as the physical map for my "punk"-world?

[First installment: Azalaia is a sort of ATL-Britain]
My plan was to let people use it for map games and things like that, but youre welcome to use the map for your timeline if you reverse/make everything upside down or change it a bit.

Change it some way as to make it obvious its not the exact same world? or just flip it over.
I could just credit you for the creation of the map? Put a little "Physical map created by Imperator Frank and used with permission" or something in the lower-left corner of the map? Make it clear I'm merely using the map for my own project and that the map itself was not created with "Punk-World" in mind?

I could just credit you for the creation of the map? Put a little "Physical map created by Imperator Frank and used with permission" or something in the lower-left corner of the map? Make it clear I'm merely using the map for my own project and that the map itself was not created with "Punk-World" in mind?
We could do that but then youd have to wait for me to finish the map.