Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please excuse my unsolicited critique, but I think there is a very noticeable upscaling aftifact. All the rivers are using the diagonal directions a lot, way more so than anything inbetween. It looks like every few kilometres every river is making a 90 degrees turn, which when repeated this much looks rather jarring. This is probably caused by following the centres of upscaled pixels, instead of smoothing the line out in some way
View attachment 547691
View attachment 547692
View attachment 547693
Yeah, im gonna go back and clean up the rivers at some point.

Nice work. Do you mind if i use some parts of it if i get stumped working?
Thanks! Go ahead, I don't mind at all. I'm actually flattered you would use even a little of my work. Any juicy updates to the TL coming soon?
Please excuse my unsolicited critique, but I think there is a very noticeable upscaling aftifact. All the rivers are using the diagonal directions a lot, way more so than anything inbetween. It looks like every few kilometres every river is making a 90 degrees turn, which when repeated this much looks rather jarring. This is probably caused by following the centres of upscaled pixels, instead of smoothing the line out in some way
View attachment 547691
View attachment 547692
View attachment 547693
Ahh some of this might be caused by me resizing it down to 25% of the original's size. Also just being a bit lazy with the rivers I added, hahaha.

Here's that same climate map of my world from before but this time with names of the real life place that has the most similar climate to that area.
climate equivalent.png

Here's that same climate map of my world from before but this time with names of the real life place that has the most similar climate to that area.
View attachment 549536
There is something strangely funny about the fact that the region's that serves as East Asia's cultural counterpart has a climate equivalent to Europe while the opposite happens in Europe's cultural counterpart

There is something strangely funny about the fact that the region's that serves as East Asia's cultural counterpart has a climate equivalent to Europe while the opposite happens in Europe's cultural counterpart
Indeed, it might have some effects too great for me to really understand lol.

View attachment 549536
What exactly is it that causes Hatar to have that continental climate and the oceanic climate in Serica? I've actually been trying to understand that for quite some time but never really quite grasped it. I'm also confused as to how currents/winds work near the equator between Rhodin and Ozara.

What exactly is it that causes Hatar to have that continental climate and the oceanic climate in Serica? I've actually been trying to understand that for quite some time but never really quite grasped it. I'm also confused as to how currents/winds work near the equator between Rhodin and Ozara.
What causes it its pretty much the direction of the wind and ocean currents in relation to the continents. To reverse it, one would have to reverse the planet's rotation as well.

What causes it its pretty much the direction of the wind and ocean currents in relation to the continents. To reverse it, one would have to reverse the planet's rotation as well.
I've asked before, but do you have a map of the winds/currents? I just want to see where you placed them so I can make better sense of it in my head.

Artifexian just posted a really useful video on where to put mineral deposits. Not sure if Imperator Frank is still figuring this part out, but this is definitely a useful resource for anyone who's into worldbuilding:

Artifexian just posted a really useful video on where to put mineral deposits. Not sure if Imperator Frank is still figuring this part out, but this is definitely a useful resource for anyone who's into worldbuilding:
im subbed to him as well and im totally gonna use that video for my purposes.

As someone creating my own fictional world(s) with Amra I'm always very itnersted in language, script and numeral systems and would liek to see mroe about those here.

Hey, Frank, do you remember what the program was you used that generated the "proto-Tellurus" you used for your awesome project here?

Ill be using the above basemap when i redo the previous parts of the timeline in greater detail in the coming months. Im going through some family issues at the moment so it might be a while. I still work on this project at least once a week so maybe ill have something worthy of posting again soon. ;)

I'm glad that progress will be coming eventually, on another note, could I use Tellurus (at least the main map) in a project of mine. I don't know if I'll be publicly releasing stuff aside from my own personal Discord but I hope to flesh out my own thing in regards to history, organisms, etc.

Wow! How did you figure out the climates?

And how did it happen that Chicago is so close to Winnipeg, and Minnesota is so far from Winnipeg.