Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I do have to ask:

What is the highest mountain and the deepest trench/abyss on Tellurus? Is that already determined? Also, what about Köppen (or other) climates?

View attachment 381642
Here's another map, with the languages labelled. I've tried to create a unique geographic distribution without too much Indo-European dominance, while having similar languages located close to each other. I'm honestly not sure what to do with Talamor and Equatoria, so I just left them blank.

This doesn't have to be a final version of anything, of course, it's just something I made while I was bored.

What to do with Equatoria and Talamor of course depends on colonisation and/or history. The Polish-Chinese border is lovely! Poland can into Great Power status!
Maybe make the northern parts of Talamor even more Polish, and to the east of Talamor and in Equatorial, you could use native - especially Native American, but maybe also other native - languages. Quechua, Aymara, ...
Maybe mixed with ancient European (and Middle-Eastern) ones: Hattic, Latin, Punic, Phoenician, Ancient Greek, pre-Roman Hispanian languages, Etrurian, Sumerian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Akkadan, Ancient Egyptian etc. pp?

EDIT: With your distribution of Hebrew and Arabic, might we see the naval version of the Middle East conflicts ITTL?

tellurus pleistocene names.png

If i ever get to the point where i make a timeline for my world, where would it go? In this thread or the ASB section?

Also, im currently accepting any names for rivers and islands that you guys can come up with, as long as you explain what the word means/how you made it.

If i ever get to the point where i make a timeline for my world, where would it go? In this thread or the ASB section?

Also, im currently accepting any names for rivers and islands that you guys can come up with, as long as you explain what the word means/how you made it.
Why not post it here? As for names I'm liking the name Yaron for at least one of them, maybe over in Equatoria?

I was thinking of making wikipedia/encyclopedia-like articles for parts of my world (continents, oceans, rivers etc.) and maybe geological timelines for each continent. What areas of my world would you all want to know about?

Here's a tiny example that i made a while ago, I'd go in more detail than this but you get the idea.

TALAMOR
Talamor is a continent entirely within the Northern Hemisphere and almost all within the Western Hemisphere (except for the westernmost area of the Aquilonian Peninsula); it is also considered by some to be a northern subcontinent of the Talazara. It is bordered to the north by the Ezakonic Ocean, to the east by the Lautian Ocean, to the west by the Tavaric Ocean, and to the south by Ozara, the Gulf of Talamor and the Karawan Sea.
Talamor covers an area of about 36,368,000 square kilometers (14,042,000 square miles), about 19.4% of the world's land area and about 7.1% of its total surface. This is about 81% the size of Asia. Talamor is the second largest continent, behind Ozara.

Deleted member 105545

I was thinking of making wikipedia/encyclopedia-like articles for parts of my world (continents, oceans, rivers etc.) and maybe geological timelines for each continent. What areas of my world would you all want to know about?

Here's a tiny example that i made a while ago, I'd go in more detail than this but you get the idea.

TALAMOR
Talamor is a continent entirely within the Northern Hemisphere and almost all within the Western Hemisphere (except for the westernmost area of the Aquilonian Peninsula); it is also considered by some to be a northern subcontinent of the Talazara. It is bordered to the north by the Ezakonic Ocean, to the east by the Lautian Ocean, to the west by the Tavaric Ocean, and to the south by Ozara, the Gulf of Talamor and the Karawan Sea.
Talamor covers an area of about 36,368,000 square kilometers (14,042,000 square miles), about 19.4% of the world's land area and about 7.1% of its total surface. This is about 81% the size of Asia. Talamor is the second largest continent, behind Ozara.
I'd love it!

Tho, I would prioritize working on an updated Q-BAM. The one you made was great, but, it's lacking the fine details that you would find on earth.

I'd love it!

Tho, I would prioritize working on an updated Q-BAM. The one you made was great, but, it's lacking the fine details that you would find on earth.
What should I make an article of?
The QBAM map will be focused on after the important worlda maps are done. And I could have sworn someone was improving the QBAM, but I don't recall who or what came of it.

Deleted member 105545

What should I make an article of?
The QBAM map will be focused on after the important worlda maps are done. And I could have sworn someone was improving the QBAM, but I don't recall who or what came of it.
I'd just go clockwise.

CAPRICORNIA
Capricornia is a continent entirely within the Southern and Eastern Hemispheres. It is bordered to the north Sund Archipelago, Laharqan Ocean and Tapron, to the east by the Ranomic Ocean, to the south by the Sea of Veros and the Southern Ocean, and to the west by the Lautian Ocean. Capricornia is the third largest Continent (beaten by Talamor and Ozara), with an area of about 30,930,000 square kilometers (11,942,000 square miles), or about 6% of the total surface of Tellurus (16.% of the total land area).

The lands that would become Capricornia, the Wemuro (Werib-Mura-Ognum) craton and the Ateilu craton (both also referred to West and East Capricornia), collided with one another in the Rainbow Orogeny in the Carboniferous period (about 300 mya). Before this, Wemuro was part of the ancient continent Archeomedia, and Ateilu was part of the Eurusian supercontinent. After Pangea formed, Capricornia was at the core of the new landmass, but after the Lautian and Ranomic oceans began forming in the Jurassic period, Capricornia was it's own continent along with Avarda. This would persist until the mid Cretaceous, when Avarda finally broke away and formed the Laharqan Ocean. Besides the on/off existence of the Tapronian straits, Capricornia has been mostly isolated from the rest of Tellurus during the Paleogene. The ancestors of humanity settled northwest Capricornia about 250,000 years ago, not long after spreading out of central Rhodin.

Capricornia is likely the least mountainous continent, with only the Rainbow Mountains (including the Akura and Veros ranges being notable, dividing the continent into east and west. Eastern Capricornia is dominated by the Ateilu Plateau in the northeast, which is the core of the continent and contains many rugged hills and valleys. Southwards, the Whenahi rift is the site of a possible future mid-ocean trench, but for now the rift tears a hole in the land. Between the Rainbow Mountains and the Corvis ridge lies the Kiladit depression, a giant salt flat/ephemeral lake one of the lowest areas on the planet. Going back over the mountains to Western Capricornia, the hilly countryside gives way to wide plains bounded by more coastal hills, the resulting windshadow makes the region very dry. The triangular Serot Peninsula is one of the more ancient regions of the continent, which marked where Equatoria and Ksach once connected in the deep past. The Kopatonga islands are another ancient relic, having broken away from the mainland in the Cretaceous. Similarly, the Rarangi islands wee formed by a stationary ocean hot spot under the moving tectonic plates.

The climate of Capricornia is for the most part Tropical in the northern areas, desert and steppe for the central areas and mediterranean to temperate in the south. The southernmost islands, the Kopatonga archipelago, are cold enough for taiga to grow there.

capricornia.png