Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always thought that Malag would have some sort advanced (by advanced I mean enlightenment era) African or Australasian-sequence society exploring the oceans.

That reminds me, I once had an idea for "sea Mongols" in Aiganesia. Basically, they could be an ocean empire that unites all of the islands and raids the coastlines, becoming a major headache for all of the civilizations around it.

What about pirates that raid along the waters of the Sundic Archipelago and the shores of Capricornia and Serica?

Also I feel the that some sort real world influence is on Equatoria considering one the seas near it has a Aztec-sounding name. Maybe the entire continent is ruled by an Advanced society.

While it's still unfinished, thought I'd post the "To-Be-Named" Fantasy world I've been working on using the Tellurus base map and provided terrain and climate maps.

_work_in_progress__fantasy_world_by_vylinius-dc0dcvx.png

I've actually finished a key and gotten some notes for eventual notes, but I haven't started work on that part of the map yet since I'm still undecided on a good number of the political boundaries as they stand at present. Credit to Imperator Frank for all the work he's done on this project and to those who've worked on the TOASTER color scheme that I've used as shorthand for analogous cultures found in this fantasy world where applicable.

Note: In a few cases I simply chose colors from the TOASTER scheme based upon their aesthetic appeal rather than for noting the analogous nature of a certain culture to an earthly counterpart.

Last edited:
While it's still unfinished, thought I'd post the "To-Be-Named" Fantasy world I've been working on using the Tellurus base map and provided terrain and climate maps.

_work_in_progress__fantasy_world_by_vylinius-dc0dcvx.png

I've actually finished a key and gotten some notes for eventual notes, but I haven't started work on that part of the map yet since I'm still undecided on a good number of the political boundaries as they stand at present. Credit to Imperator Frank for all the work he's done on this project and to those who've worked on the TOASTER color scheme that I've used as shorthand for analogous cultures found in this fantasy world where applicable.

Note: In a few cases I simply chose colors from the TOASTER scheme based upon their aesthetic appeal rather than for noting the analogous nature of a certain culture to an earthly counterpart.

What kind of Cultures are you planning to have on this world. You mentioned it was going to be fantasy so are there like non-human societies aswell?

What kind of Cultures are you planning to have on this world. You mentioned it was going to be fantasy so are there like non-human societies aswell?
There are plenty of non-human societies. Capricornia and Equatoria in particular being predominantly inhabited by non-humans. Not that there aren't plenty of non-humans elsewhere, but on the other continents humans in the setting are still the plurality with Serratar having the largest plurality in terms of percentage. Though most of the non-humans are variations on the common fantasy archetypes such as Elves, Dwarves, Goblins, and so forth. Though there are few, I think at least, more unique non-human peoples based on mythological or other fantasy concepts I possess some form of familiarity with such as Selkies and D'Jinn. Overall the setting is a bit of a Fantasy Kitchen Sink with just about everything I could think of thrown in and changed in some way to fit the perticular history of the setting.

There are plenty of non-human societies. Capricornia and Equatoria in particular being predominantly inhabited by non-humans. Not that there aren't plenty of non-humans elsewhere, but on the other continents humans in the setting are still the plurality with Serratar having the largest plurality in terms of percentage. Though most of the non-humans are variations on the common fantasy archetypes such as Elves, Dwarves, Goblins, and so forth. Though there are few, I think at least, more unique non-human peoples based on mythological or other fantasy concepts I possess some form of familiarity with such as Selkies and D'Jinn. Overall the setting is a bit of a Fantasy Kitchen Sink with just about everything I could think of thrown in and changed in some way to fit the perticular history of the setting.
Going on what we've discussed so far, the main Tellurus might have some fantasy elements - at best a low fantasy. Ancient Civilisations, Behemoths and dinosaurs, etc.

Going on what we've discussed so far, the main Tellurus might have some fantasy elements - at best a low fantasy. Ancient Civilisations, Behemoths and dinosaurs, etc.
I've certainly been keeping an eye on this thread and that discussion. If only so I may include similar elements as further shoutouts to this project and the work that's been put into it. Though, this fantasy world of mine is very much a High Fantasy with strong influences from D&D and the Fall from Heaven setting made for Civilization 4.

I've certainly been keeping an eye on this thread and that discussion. If only so I may include similar elements as further shoutouts to this project and the work that's been put into it. Though, this fantasy world of mine is very much a High Fantasy with strong influences from D&D and the Fall from Heaven setting made for Civilization 4.

Frank has been gone a while, so I'm not sure what he has in mind for the setting. I'm not sure what animals he intended to inhabit Tellurus or if had any fantastical elements. He has a habitable 'Venus' and two 'Mars' in the setting, so having dinosaurs roaming the world doesn't seem so out of place for this world. I'd imagine the world to be akin to Dishonored in how treats its fantasy elements or Game of thrones, although Again I’m not sure how fantastical this world will be. It'll still be interesting either way and for all I know Tellurus will be a world full of ancient, ghoulish cities once home to Eldritch beings where lizard men come to pray and human societies hunt and fight vicious creatures across the continents.

Thanks for the complements.

Would you be doing the rest of the world?

Probably, though it isn't guaranteed. I'm definitely going to finish off the geography and political boundaries of Aarrhus (as I've decided to rename it) though.

Truth be told, I only moved on to improving the QBAM scale base just because I was running out of ideas for where to take the planet-wide worlda, and my strategy to get past a lack of imagination is to move on to something else and wait for a good idea to come.

That's if my tinkering with the base is allowed of course (though I suspect it will be).

Thanks for the complements.

Probably, though it isn't guaranteed. I'm definitely going to finish off the geography and political boundaries of Aarrhus (as I've decided to rename it) though.

Truth be told, I only moved on to improving the QBAM scale base just because I was running out of ideas for where to take the planet-wide worlda, and my strategy to get past a lack of imagination is to move on to something else and wait for a good idea to come.

That's if my tinkering with the base is allowed of course (though I suspect it will be).
I'm okay with it. I would like to see what you end up doing though, out of curiousity. :p