How long should each player's turn last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the fourth edition of Alternatehistory.com’s Telephone Map Game!
Links to the First Edition, the Second Edition, and the Third Edition.

What’s a Telephone Map Game?
A Telephone Map Game is a turn-based Map Game, inspired by the children’s “Broken Telephone” games.
The game starts with Player 1 making an Alternate History map. It can be from anywhere in the world and any timeframe. Then, when the map is completed, Player 1 sends the map to Player 2, and to nobody else. Then Player 2 makes another map, which could be considered to be in the same universe as Map 1 (but not necessarily the same time or location). When finished, Player 2 sends their map to Player 3. Now Player 3 does a map which could be in the same universe as Map 2, however, Player 3 doesn’t know what Map 1 looks like. The process repeats until a substantial amount of players have finished the turns, and then the whole process is revealed, looking at how the concept changed from the first to the last map.

The Fourth Edition
The past three editions have been run by Entrerriano, who has decided not to lead this edition. I decided to moderate this edition after participating in several other Telephone Map Games across the internet. This round will be a bit different - to make the game run faster and be able to accommodate more people, the timeline will split after each map, meaning each map submitted will spawn two new maps. Initial claims will be randomized, so claiming first or last won't make a difference. This post in the main thread will be updated after claims have been made. To make a claim, go to the Telephone Map Game: 4th Edition - Claims Thread. Only claims in this thread will be counted. (Edit: claims are currently closed.)

Turns
Each individual's turn will last a maximum of one week from the time they receive their map (with extensions given on a case-by-case basis). If a player's turn comes and they decide they cannot complete it at that time, they will be moved to the bottom of the claims list. When you are finished with your map, send a copy to the people who are beneath you on the list as well as Cour so that he can keep track of the complete maps.

Links
Telephone Map Game: 4th Edition - Claims Thread.

Order
TMG4 Player Layout.png

Week 0:
0. Cour (0)

Week 1:
1. Zalezsky (1) - Completed 3/19
2. Reepicheep (2) - Completed 3/22

Week 2:
3. Wolfhound (1.3) - Completed 3/27
4. Baconheimer (1.4) - Completed 3/26
5. Procrastinating2Much (2.5) - Completed 3/27
6. KolyenuKS (2.6) - Completed 3/27

Week 3:
7. aurantiacis (1.3.7) - Completed 3/27
8. Mina-van-Mako (1.3.8) - Completed 3/27
9. VT45 (1.4.9) - Completed 4/9
10. Entrerriano (1.4.10) - Completed 3/29
11. gokbay (2.5.11) - Completed 4/1
12. bluehot (2.5.12) - Completed 4/5
13. Mikroraptor (2.6.13) - Completed 3/29
14. Wings (2.6.14) - Completed 4/5

Week 4:
15. Blacklister (1.3.7.15) - Completed 4/14
16. nucleep (1.3.7.16) - Completed 3/30
17. prince di corsica (1.3.8.17) - Completed 4/3
18. Uebeltank (1.4.9.18) - Completed 4/17
19. selvetrica (1.4.10.19) - Completed 4/6
20. spazzreflex (2.5.11.20) - Received 4/8
21. yanranay (2.5.12.21) - Completed 4/9
22. Vylon Disigma (2.6.13.22) - Completed 4/7
23. Codae (2.6.13.23) - Completed 4/4
24. Pen (2.6.14.24) - Completed 4/14

Attachments

• Courageouslife_TMG4_Blurred_2 (1).png
    Courageouslife_TMG4_Blurred_2 (1).png
    448 KB · Views: 1,723
  • Zalezsky_TMG4_Blurred (1).png
    Zalezsky_TMG4_Blurred (1).png
    342.7 KB · Views: 1,691
  • Reepicheep_TMG4_Blurred (2).png
    Reepicheep_TMG4_Blurred (2).png
    419.8 KB · Views: 1,591
Last edited:
I feel like there should be some way to discourage people from claiming without following through. Perhaps if they exceed their allotted time then they're kicked out entirely to wait for the next edition? I'm also not sure about the extensions. If someone can't find the time to make a map in two weeks (maybe it should be one?) then they'll likely never make it. Sorry - just my thoughts. I don't want this edition to turn out like last time when roughly half of the participants didn't turn anything in. I don't mean to sound bossy:)

I feel like there should be some way to discourage people from claiming without following through. Perhaps if they exceed their allotted time then they're kicked out entirely to wait for the next edition? I'm also not sure about the extensions. If someone can't find the time to make a map in two weeks (maybe it should be one?) then they'll likely never make it. Sorry - just my thoughts. I don't want this edition to turn out like last time when roughly half of the participants didn't turn anything in. I don't mean to sound bossy:)
Yeah, it should be one week like the last three editions.

I made my map and sent it to Zalesky and Reepicheep on Monday. Week 2 participants should be receiving their maps sometime Sunday evening, if not earlier.

Last edited: